Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 17th October 2009, 09:27   #196
BHPian

While enough have been said about the looks and the features of Indigo Manza, I could not find anything on the safety rating. Has it been crash tested for the european standards when it is planned to be exported ?
It would be interesting to know the safety rating of manza.
Old 17th October 2009, 10:37   #197
BHPian

I plan to take a TD of Manza on tuesday.Could anyone who has driven the car comment on Suspension?
As per the initial drive, the suspension seems to be the best that tata has had.
Optra has McPherson Struts, Anti-roll bar, Twin Tube Gas filled shock absorbers.
How different is it from Semi-independent, Twist Beam with Coil Springs and Hydraulic Shock Absorbers of that of Manza. I agree that these are two cars in different categories. But I am more curious about how the ride quality is affected by these.
I believe the absense of Anti-roll bar in Manza suspension makes it edgy during cornering. Please correct me if I am wrong. I will mostly be looking at Manza with the intention of taking it long distances.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:24   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
While enough have been said about the looks and the features of Indigo Manza, I could not find anything on the safety rating. Has it been crash tested for the european standards when it is planned to be exported ?
It would be interesting to know the safety rating of manza.
Why do you need a crash test on EU standards, where accidents will happen as Indian standards....

they must have done these tests before releasing the cars, and a first in a TATA car other than Safari, they are giving ABS, Air bags... I think its a safe car unless some one wants to commit suicide....
Old 17th October 2009, 11:28   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I plan to take a TD of Manza on tuesday.Could anyone who has driven the car comment on Suspension?
As per the initial drive, the suspension seems to be the best that tata has had.
Optra has McPherson Struts, Anti-roll bar, Twin Tube Gas filled shock absorbers.
How different is it from Semi-independent, Twist Beam with Coil Springs and Hydraulic Shock Absorbers of that of Manza. I agree that these are two cars in different categories. But I am more curious about how the ride quality is affected by these.
I believe the absense of Anti-roll bar in Manza suspension makes it edgy during cornering. Please correct me if I am wrong. I will mostly be looking at Manza with the intention of taking it long distances.
The rare suspension is semi independent, like all other cars (exclude Fiats)
and not gas filled, but the front one is independent like Palio, Punto & Linea, which improves handling and drive quality... I wish they could have provided gas filled shockers and all independent...
Old 17th October 2009, 11:31   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy Diwali to all Team BHPians! Have a safe yet blasting Diwali.

Comng to the topic, I dont think anyone looking at a Linea would settle down for Manza. Personally Linea's looks are a class apart [though I didnt like the dash design -- looks too bland for me, I have seen the pics only, not in person , and Manza's dashboard looks much better and bolder - again in pics]. I think Manza should be a competiton only to Dzire and Logan[taxi].
Old 17th October 2009, 12:15   #201
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous looking car - I personally feel TATA has done an excellent job at making a fairly decent looking sedan out of the VISTA especially

- the extended front bumper to suggest a lengthy hood
- chrome strips to accentuate luxury
- the boot - nice squarish functional

the class act is definetly the interiors which is not exactly shared with the VISTA hatch

throw in the killer pricing and the DZIRE is gona get a nice strong KICK UP ITS BIG FAT UGLY B***

and the pictures on pg 4 - whoever took it - great job man ! u have talent
Old 17th October 2009, 12:55   #202
BHPian

i am not concerned with the interiors or the space. its great! but its just akward as if a boot is attached to it. it does not gell with it as seen with the linea or the jetta. somthing i can't digest about the look thats it its 200% better than dzire i will give it that!!
Old 17th October 2009, 13:01   #203
BHPian

TML has played to its strengths here, price and space. The Fiat engines and the fact that the interiors are much better than the outgoing Indigo is a bonus.

OT: I hope TML offer the same features in the Vista a la Fiat Linea/ Punto. Ofcourse the hatchback segment is more price sensitive, so doing that would be a tough challenge.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:15   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i am sorry to post back to back. its seems i can't edit my post (20 mins thing or whatever dunno.). mods bear with me plz. this looks like i am really critical about this car, no i am not i like everything about it. except. the boot and rear half of the side view. which kills the design.

have a look at these pics and some things which they could have done. would this have increased the price. sure but it would look more like a proper car. it would have captured the market from linea. and others since it would have been still cheaper than the others.

also have a look at this picture at the last . its an overlay of punto and linea. have a look and tell me. why couldn't they do something similar on the lines of this.

the earlier version of indigo i didn't cared about. but i got my hopes up thinking oooh its 2009. maybe this NEXT GEN NOOO!! they have pulled a INDIGO on it..

You stole my words

I was suppose to indicate the same in this forum.

Manza is better than the outgoing indigo,but I think TATA can still do a better job like the fiat.

On my personal opinion the Squarish boot on the Manza doesnt look good.

The side profile is the only good looking posture of MANZA ! Other wise the interiors look very spacious and quality seems to be improved a lot.

When indigo was a runaway hit this MANZA is going to be a definite hit on the indian roads.
Good work TATA
Old 17th October 2009, 13:32   #205
BHPian

Congratulations to Tata Motors on this new launch. At last the common man can have a decent and spacious family sedan at an affordable price. First Nano and then Manza. Two masterpieces from Tata.

Yesterday a friend called me up to decide between diesel Linea and Manza. He needs a car for business and family use in which 80% will be on highway with nearly 30000 kms per year running. He already has a Dzire and Indica and now looking for another car.

I told him Manza is a better VFM product and Linea should have better overall build quality plus class leading suspension for comfort and stability. Also its 50 months - 1,50,000 kms Fiat First extended warranty + RSA programme offers unmatched peace of mind.

Manza or Linea will now be a common question. Let us please discuss the merits of both the cars.

Last edited by akj53 : 17th October 2009 at 13:34.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:49   #206
BHPian

The common differences I found in Linea(driven) & Manza(seen in pics) -
looks
Linea - great more than vfm
Manza - Good vfm could have been better

features
Linea - 9/10
Manza - 10/10

safty
Linea - 10/10
Manza - 9*/10

Driving comfort
Linea - 10/10
Manza - 7/10 (may change after driving)

Linea - Style statement, class leading

Manza - people want to go for linea, but cash crunch so settle for manza, bored by Dezire,ikon,accent,logan looking for better option...

lets bring in more points.... or differ....
Old 17th October 2009, 14:27   #207
BHPian

Just watched the review on overdrive(cnbc), Shirish was all praises for Manza even clapped in his closing remarks for such a wonderful product from Tatas. He almost said that it is a new benchmark for the segment. So the car has started getting good reviews and deservedly so.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:16   #208
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The one thing that struck me the most is the space and comfort in this car. I am 6'-2" and I first sat in the drivers seat and was very comfortable. I pushed the seat all the way back and then moved to the seat at the back and was pleasantly surprised that I fit in pretty comfortably!
That is saying a heck of a lot!! I cant think of any 10 lakh rupee sedan in which this would be possible.

Quote:
They do not seem to require to do a XL version of this one.
The exact suggestion has been made to Tata.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:28   #209
BHPian

A move in the right direction by Tata. For a company that entered the passenger car segment only a decade ago, this offering sems to be quite an achievement; a model for others to emulate.

I happened to read a review on the S. African Vista launched recently. The reviewer feels that the car is on par with many others on offer, and truly a world class product.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:31   #210
BHPian

I am driving an Indica DLE since the year of the lord 2000, done 1lac & 5grand kms been upto Rohtang pass and down till goa (from delhi) in it and it still gives 18+ kpl w/o ac in local and still does 125 kmph. This is the Indian kubelwagon, feels good for another lac. Gonna book a manza soon man, no other car for the price will even come close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
You might have SEEN Indicas, but I have been using one personally since 2006 and running fine after clocking 127000kms. Always felt it built like a car, not as a pencil box that you mention. My friend's 2002 60000 kms Indica doesn't feel flimsy as well.

You can check out my report here on the Long-term review section and also fellow-TBHPian 'greenhorn's report where his Indica got hit by a Kerala State bus from behind. A Maruti would have just folded up (Swift, Dzire and lower models atleast, haven't tried the SX4 so cannot comment on that).

Please don't just go by 'seeing' things and 'jumping' into conclusions. And in case you think I am Tata fanboy, I still have my dad's 1991 M800 which feels much better than the current tin-cans that Maruti produces.

The cars that I have personally owned, used and driven for your information includes the M800, M1000, Gypsy King, Maruti Van, Tata Sierra, Safari, Sumo, Indica besides the Hindustan Contessa, Ambassador, Hyundai Santro, Ford Ikon and the Toyota Qualis. My views are based entirely on my ownership claims and not mere hearsay. Each of these cars did a minimum of 85000 kms with us.
Closed Thread