Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 18th October 2009, 22:37   #241
BHPian

I saw the overdrive show in ibn7 today which featured a Manza. The car in motion looked very nice and looked Tayota'sh from some angles Interiors looked nice too. For the price, Manza must be the most VFM car right now in India. Kudos to Tata
Old 19th October 2009, 10:45   #242
BHPian

Did a small TD of the Fire'90 , The Showroom people were so fussy that the TD was just 0.5 Kms near the industrial area inside their stockyard [ they said it would be trouble if they let anyone TD it ? ] .

Only after me showing a puppy face did they let me go ahead for the TD
But here are some pics which were clicked when it was near the showroom.

Outside :

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-134594.jpg

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-134595.jpg

Inside :

Name:  134596.jpg
Views: 2830
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  134597.jpg
Views: 2814
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  134598.jpg
Views: 2843
Size:  59.2 KB

My opinion of the car .

Driveablility : Okay .
Space : Great .
PeP : AS much as the Fire 1.4 Engine can deliver , felt comfy enough.
Braking : For a tata , great improvement .
Boot space : Amazing , i think 2 men can fit inside it .

Cant say nothing much , Audio system was nice , voice clarity was good .
couldn't get the phone to pair as they just wanted to take the vehicle to showroom and put it for display .

Had to go and do my own PDI of the Punto before delivery , and guess what found 20 small defects / concerns , all minor Fit & Finish related ones .

and everybody at the Showrrom was like who is this guy , some people at the Workshop asked me what was my profession ? .

But they were very cooperative .

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Dippy : 19th October 2009 at 12:23.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:47   #243
Senior - BHPian

It will be interesting how the long waiting periods of the D'zire will affect the Manza sales. The Manza itself may have a waiting period though in the initial period.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:23   #244
Senior - BHPian

WOW, it definitely looks more car per car !! Well nothing to complain initially, but would had been great if they had accommodated front arm rest as well. At a tempting price of 7.29 on road top model, this thing surely deserves a test drive.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:39   #245
BHPian

One factor that I have noticed with all TATA products is the clutch and accelerator pedal position. They are placed very high and are quite uncomfortable. have any of you who have test driven this car, checked how comfortable the clutch is in this car?
Old 19th October 2009, 14:25   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
I must add, Mr. Ratan Tata having height more than 6 feet must be personally sitting in each car model to check whether he can sit (in drivers seat and rear seat) comfortably or not? If he can then most of the Indian men can sit with ease and comfort as average height for Indian men is around 5 feet 11 inch. The criteria which makes TATA cars spacious is this.
Other car manufacturers have a chairman of Mr. Ratan Tata's personality
Here's an image ( http://www.telegraphindia.com/109032...4bus-nano1.jpg ) of some of the bigwigs of TATA Motors. It appears there are 2 chaps taller than Mr. Tata !

And in this one, which includes personnel from JLR, he's 2nd shortest !!!

http://www.kemmannu.com/images/tatalandover28092.jpg

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 19th October 2009, 14:39   #247
BHPian

Default Looks and the expectation

From some angles it looks classy, especially the black one. But why Tata has to srick to the Indigo from Indica styling? Though it is far better than the Swift to Dzire styling, still there is some asymmetry - especially the large trunk like, Logan identical boot. Compared to Linea, this does not look as upmarket as Linea is.

If this has the build quality and the ride and handling as that of Linea and a respectable driveability it can set the market on fire.
Old 19th October 2009, 19:07   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I saw the overdrive show in ibn7 today which featured a Manza. The car in motion looked very nice and looked Tayota'sh from some angles Interiors looked nice too. For the price, Manza must be the most VFM car right now in India. Kudos to Tata

My opinion exactly ! . Was in the fortune motors today , but couldnt get the TD as the TD car 'll arrive in 2/3 days. They have one top end on display now.the arctic silver looks stunning on this car, the car from side and rear angle is a shade reminiscent of the altis.
Great looker , and great specs for Rs.5.50/ OTR Mumbai delivery in 3 weeks.
IMHO It should outgun/ outclass the swift Dezire, easily. Dezire petrol LXI which is about barebone costs 5.40 otr Mumbai with a 2/3 month waiting.
the base model has
1) 2 din system - 4 speakrs + 2 tweeters
2) front power windows
3) immobiliser
4) central lock
5) rear seat armrest
6) great interior space
7) right side mirror
8) Motorised headlamps
9) apart from many other small features over and above the one given in the Dezire LXI

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 19th October 2009 at 19:21.
Old 19th October 2009, 20:11   #249
BHPian

okay i may sound stupid asking this. i know halogen healamps. projector headlamps bi xenons, HIDs but what are motorized headlamps.

are these lamps one of those which get brighter when you increase speed? whats the deal here!
Old 19th October 2009, 20:26   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
okay i may sound stupid asking this. i know halogen healamps. projector headlamps bi xenons, HIDs but what are motorized headlamps.

are these lamps one of those which get brighter when you increase speed? whats the deal here!
Ummm.. the off-late standard fitment that has a motorized adjustment of the beam?
Old 19th October 2009, 20:32   #251
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ The transport authorities have made it mandatory. We are expected to adjust the beam as per road conditions, and to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:49   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
^^ The transport authorities have made it mandatory. We are expected to adjust the beam as per road conditions, and to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.
So the rule was made because people always use high beam?

Old 19th October 2009, 23:10   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
So the rule was made because people always use high beam?

Not really- every headlight's low beam is adjusted the right way (or supposed to). But when you load it up (or have 4/5 adults), then the beam tends to rise up. The motorized adjuster is meant to correct this...
Old 19th October 2009, 23:40   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Exactly

Not really- every headlight's low beam is adjusted the right way (or supposed to). But when you load it up (or have 4/5 adults), then the beam tends to rise up. The motorized adjuster is meant to correct this...
Is this available to new cars only or in older once also? I don't want to give fine for this
Old 19th October 2009, 23:46   #255
Team-BHP Support

This headlight beam height leveller (that is what they used to call it) started showing up some time in late 2006 or early 2007 AFAIK. Of course now their marketing guys have coined new names for it to give a spin to the whole thing.

However any 2005 or earlier vehicles won't have this device neither are you expected to have. So do not worry about fines. In fact this height thing is pretty abstract in nature, something the police-wallas will never really be able to prove much about. Let them first do the regular that they do not. For instance MV rules make it mandatory to have a black strip on the top of the headlamp glass. When have you ever seen a police guy enforcing that rule?
Closed Thread