Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 23rd October 2009, 20:56   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
dude, those are 15" ers! no others cars in its price range have em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
Yeah greenhorn but stil don't they look small when seen from a distance?
Yes i agree they do look a tad small from a distance but still good enough. 16' will look really cool though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
thatz right. The wait has borne the fruit. planning to book a petrol Aura(ABS) by next week. Confused about the colour, Red or Black. It's so hard.
Congrats
I will suggest Red.
Black is a pain to maintain.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:22   #347
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Go with Red. I did the same for my Monarch Red petrol Aura ABS.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:28   #348
BHPian

Congrats
I will suggest Red.
Black is a pain to maintain.[/quote]

Thanks Harry. Aura(ABS) does not come with Chrome strips on rub rails and door handles. I am thinking of getting one fitted to it (enhances the looks). The Manager and owner of the TATA showroom at my place is my classmate. Whats your opinion?
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:33   #349
BANNED

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Well, an elephant would pretty small from a distance too
15" are 15-inchers and those are pretty good as standard fitment and look ok on the Manza. I did not expect it to be shod with 16" tyres. Atleast it isn't under-tyred in stock spec like most MUL cars.
Another disappointment in Manza is that it doesn't comes with Alloys, Even the top end Aura.

Quote:
thatz right. The wait has borne the fruit. planning to book a petrol Aura(ABS) by next week. Confused about the colour, Red or Black. It's so hard.
Congratulations.
Choosing a color depends on ones taste. Personally, I suggest you to go with black which would give manza more up-market feel.

All the best,
VT
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:27   #350
BHPian

Thats right VT but once the shine disappears, won't it look very dull. What about the heating issues ( I have heard a lot about it).
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:54   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Thats right VT but once the shine disappears, won't it look very dull. What about the heating issues ( I have heard a lot about it).
Yes, If you're going for black color then it will need a bit more maintenance than other colors.
About the heating issues, There is some heat trapped inside but that should not be a big concern, Install good tints on all four windows and everything will be fine.

All the best,
VT

Last edited by *VT* : 23rd October 2009 at 22:56.
Old 24th October 2009, 00:13   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Isnt it a good thing the car's electronic system can take into account the load on the vehicle, the RPM it is in, the gear it is in and then take into account the accelerator inputs and do some intelligent Fuel handling. I hope it does all the math properly

If you are good enough to have a perfect balance of gear + RPM + accelerator input the system will only supplement it without harming it.

I feel it is a good thing to have.
The way you put it across, I tend to agree. But still, the thought that there's still something between me and the car. Consider this. GTO's anon friend reviewer stepped on the accelerator, and nothing happened for twenty seconds. Could it be the car's e-brain that was thinking "well hold on chum, you might press it as hard as you like, but I call the shots around here." Get the idea? Its ok if the car is slow in accelerating, but what if one is in a stop-in-split-second situation, hits the brakes, and the car's brain merrily continues 'recalculating' its options?

Well, I just googled DbW. Wiki informs there are several components to it, like Electronic fuel injection metering, electronic throttle control etc. There could be delays in throttle response, so I may have been right there. And apparently brake control is not wired yet for its safety-critical nature. So my concerns above vanish. All this was good to know.
Old 24th October 2009, 01:06   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
Well, I just googled DbW. Wiki informs there are several components to it, like Electronic fuel injection metering, electronic throttle control etc. There could be delays in throttle response, so I may have been right there. And apparently brake control is not wired yet for its safety-critical nature. So my concerns above vanish. All this was good to know.
Sure, but at times you also need an instant burst of acceleration to get out of a sticky situation. From your description, I don't think this work very well then.
Old 24th October 2009, 07:28   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Sure, but at times you also need an instant burst of acceleration to get out of a sticky situation. From your description, I don't think this work very well then.
Drive by wire technology is as modern as it gets, without any disadvantages other than the relatively higher cost. All modern cars come equipped with DBW tech. The most recent additions have been the Maruti A Star and the Ritz, and now Tata follows suit.

By the way, all CRDi engines irrespective of manufacturer, need drive by wire, as it is impsssible to control high pressure diesel fuel delivery with a manually operated valve.
Old 24th October 2009, 14:29   #355
BHPian

^^^^^ Additionally, the driver's wishes as recorded through the electronic accelerator pedal are NOT "just one of the inputs" to the ECU.

IT IS THE COMMAND TO THE ECU TO INCREASE OR DECREASE ENGINE SPEED

The ECU then factors in other operating parameters to compute the best possible solution to execute the driver's command.

The net result is always favourable as compared to a purely manual system.
Old 24th October 2009, 14:56   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Drive by wire technology is as modern as it gets, without any disadvantages other than the relatively higher cost. All modern cars come equipped with DBW tech. The most recent additions have been the Maruti A Star and the Ritz, and now Tata follows suit.

By the way, all CRDi engines irrespective of manufacturer, need drive by wire, as it is impsssible to control high pressure diesel fuel delivery with a manually operated valve.

Correct me if am wrong but I guess Palio was the first hatch here to sport DBW so if the manza petrol sports it, it isn't a 'new/modern' feature by any standards.

Also any performance figures for the mana diesel?
Comparing the Dzire with Linea 1.3, the former is quicker to 60 and 100kmph while the latter had better roll on times for 40-100kmph in 4th gear hence being more drivable (as per Autocar). Does the Manza reflect figures similar to the linea?

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 24th October 2009 at 15:05.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:50   #357
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
I'm impressed with the Indigo Manza, Its a great alternative to dZire and to avoid its un-ending wait list. Manza's interiors are spacious and have a "big car" feel, Also those 2 sockets for charging mobile etc are nice , but there are some negatives in the car as well such as the wheel size which could have been bigger and those front pockets which are a way too tiny, Also I'm still afraid when think about the TATA's A.S.Sin comparison to Maruti's, Test drove the car and would like to share report and some images.

Cheers!
Great you managed to get a TD of the Manza, I visited Sterling Tata at Noida yesterday and they said the Test Drives begin only next week!!
Old 24th October 2009, 22:05   #358
Senior - BHPian

Wow! What a great looker manza is, for the price it comes at? If I were in the market for a new sedan right now, I would have looked no further. All those cribbing about power to weight ratio, 100 extra kgs do not dent performance in a big way. Also, Pete's may soon come up with a chip for Manza to address that problem, too.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:58   #359
BHPian

Aura(ABS) does not come with Chrome strips on rub rails and door handles. I am thinking of getting one fitted to it (enhances the looks). The Manager and owner of the TATA showroom at my place is my Engineering batch-mate (know him from 8 years). Do you guys think there is a chance of me getting some good Discounts & Freebies?
Old 26th October 2009, 00:08   #360
BHPian

A few pointers for TATA

1. Just because you have steel does not mean you have to put loads of it in your car
2. If you are buying off likes JLR, bring some international QC and refinement in your products.
3. If you are getting the cars designed in Italy, please ,make sure the end product does not look like an overnight design job. (vista and the manza and all the others).
4. wake up and listen to your customers.

TORQUE
Closed Thread