Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th June 2010, 00:49   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yep, this works in most cars to avoid the grinding noise while slotting to reverse.

In my GP, rarely the reverse gear shows reluctance to engage, then I just put it in first gear and then into reverse, works fine.
so how can this be repaired/cured?
S.I.N.G.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 12:43   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
so how can this be repaired/cured?
i dont think its a problem really. almost all the maruti cars are notorious for engaging the reverse gear problem. my friends always had problems putting into reverse in his Wagon R
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 17:36   #78
BHPian

i am a little worried as i didn't face this problem earlier. i observed this problem since last 30 days.

and there was one more problem i am facing. the AC blower speed is VERY low even when i set it on full. please help!

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd January 2011 at 14:28. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use edit button if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks
Old 14th June 2010, 01:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and there was one more problem i am facing. the AC blower speed is VERY low even when i set it on full. please help!
Is the outer air circulation mode in use? If yes, then this clogs the filter for AC and the air flow reduces. Another way is to check for impeding sounds obstructing air flow when the blower speed is set to max.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 03:12   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Is the outer air circulation mode in use? If yes, then this clogs the filter for AC and the air flow reduces. Another way is to check for impeding sounds obstructing air flow when the blower speed is set to max.
we have to switch off the outer air circulation manually, but 99% of times the AC is on in car circulation mode. there are no sounds while the blower is set to maximum.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I too faced this problem
after somedays i really found the issue.
it's the functionality of ACC.
if the outer temp is +1(Not exactly) than ACC temp then the blower is set to knee and face level automatically and the Air distributes to blowers of Knee and face and it affects the blower speed of face level.
if you reduce the ACC temp, you can get the full blower speed to the face level.
Try and lemme know.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 14th June 2010 at 10:07.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 12:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I too faced this problem
after somedays i really found the issue.
it's the functionality of ACC.
if the outer temp is +1(Not exactly) than ACC temp then the blower is set to knee and face level automatically and the Air distributes to blowers of Knee and face and it affects the blower speed of face level.
if you reduce the ACC temp, you can get the full blower speed to the face level.
Try and lemme know.
the car is going for a service on a day or two. if the AC problem is rectified by the people there, well and good. else i'll have to try the trick. i was worried as the blower used to work fine earlier.

there are three more problems i am facing
1. the FM clarity is an issue. clarity reduces as the car is in motion. works well if the car is parked.

2. as the ABS gets activated, i hear a very wierd sound as i press the break paddle.

3. some rattling sound can be heard from under the bonnet when there car is at a speed. its only when i accelerate.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Replies
1. the FM clarity is an issue. clarity reduces as the car is in motion. works well if the car is parked.
Common in all cars equipped with FM.Might be FM Signal issue too.
2. as the ABS gets activated, i hear a very wierd sound as i press the break paddle.
Common in all cars equipped with ABS.
3. some rattling sound can be heard from under the bonnet when there car is at a speed. its only when i accelerate.
Might be the Engine guard has a bent and touch the car's body.Please do check with the A.S.S.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 18:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Replies
Common in all cars equipped with FM.Might be FM Signal issue too.
Common in all cars equipped with ABS.
Might be the Engine guard has a bent and touch the car's body.Please do check with the A.S.S.
thank you sir for the reply. the car's service is due. so i'll tell the service center people to rectify the problems.
Old 2nd January 2011, 13:37   #85
BHPian

Default Re: My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me

this is something i really wanted to avoid, but if we drive in the city we are ought to have DENTS! and this time its the front right side fender!

this was when my dad was taking out the car from his office parking, a gentleman reversed his car into the front fender of my car. there was no argument between the two and my father let the gentleman go.

now to get the dent repaired, i went to east of kailash, malviya nagar and vasant kunj. all of them recommended repainting the fender as the paint had chipped off. the average quotation of painting the fender was between 2000--2300. so i decided to get it done at east of kailash. (kja automobiles, near metro pillar no.74, east of kailash), as this guy is an authorized dealer of dupont paint.

as of now, the dent has been taken out and the plaster/base has been put. i myself delayed the process of painting so that the base gets more time to dry and the paint doesn't fade or dry after a while.

i am attaching the pics of the process. sorry for the quality of the photos as they were taken at night by a cellphone camera.

i would be updating the thread with photos and reviews after the the process is complete.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-30122010001.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-30122010002.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-30122010.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010001.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010002.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010003.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010004.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010007.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010008.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-31122010009.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2011, 10:19   #86
BHPian

Again, it was service time now. this time it was a paid service. i earlier visited rama motors, okhla for the service. but they refused to take the vehicle saying that they didnt have sufficient supply of parts that were required for the service. so i had go return back home.

on inquiring on the forum, i found out that there is a service center in patparganj (elegant motors). they had very good reviews online and many of our fellow members get their fiats serviced from them. so i chose to give them a call. i was asked to come at 10 next morning. i was there at 10 and immediately a service adviser was there to listen to my problems. just after 10 mins of reaching there, my car was test driven and was on the dock.

now comes the problems that i was facing with the vehicle
1. they turbo wasn't kicking at 2500rpm. i was pretty scared because of that
2. the gear shifting wasn't smooth and used to make weird sounds
3. the glove box used to open by itself, when the car used to pass through potholes
4. wiper blade had some problem

now focusing to the turbo problem. there is a pipe that connects the turbo output to the air intake of the engine. that pipe was damaged. and hence the pressure couldnt build. this was soon repaired and covered under warrenty.

i was told that the gearshift issue is because of the clutch slave cylinder, but unfortunately, that wasnt in stock. so i was promised that they will get it ordered and revert back soon. and if by chance i am unable to go to their service center, they will get the job done by sending their mechanic to my place.

fixing the glove box and the wiper blade was not an issue. the wiper blade was replaced.

the total damage to the pocket was almost 6500 bucks.

in all i had a very good experience at the service station and now the car feels like it used to feel 2 years back. VERY VERY SMOOTH!

i'll post the scanned copy of the invoice soon.
Old 28th June 2011, 09:58   #87
BHPian

there is something very interesting that i just found out. the other day i was adjusting the settings of the head unit and accidently i pressed the CD button twice. to my amazement AUX got displayed on the HU screen. then after inquiring, i got to know that there is provision for AUX cable in the stock linea emotion HU. its just that the AUX cable for linea is difficult to source.

soon i'll try to post some pics if i get lucky in finding the required cable
Old 28th June 2011, 15:06   #88
BHPian

I use my phone's speaker to listen to the GPS instructions (believing Aux Audio input to Stock-HU is not possible). This comes as a positive developing story.

Which and Where is the port to plug in the Aux cable into the head unit?

Quote:
there is something very interesting that i just found out. the other day i was adjusting the settings of the head unit and accidently i pressed the CD button twice. to my amazement AUX got displayed on the HU screen. then after inquiring, i got to know that there is provision for AUX cable in the stock linea emotion HU. its just that the AUX cable for linea is difficult to source.

Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:

Its not a difficult task. Try and contact an authorised Blau dealer in Delhi and he will source the same for you.
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 22:05   #90
BHPian

@nkapoor777 - i am unable to contact an authorized blaupunkt dealer as i am unable to find one. i used just dial to get a few numbers, but no luck as of now.

@Autocop- i am posting some pics which would help you find the connectors. but before doing this, just check by pressing the CD button twice, AUX should display on the screen. If it doesnt, that means that your car doesnt have the feature. good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-hu-removed.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-aux-yellow-connector.jpg  

My Fiat Linea Emotion finally with me-back-hu.jpg  

Attached Images