Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th October 2009, 23:09   #1
Default There's a beast in the house.

I'm extremely sorry for posting so late.

The journey began sometime in December last year. We(dad and I) test drove the Verna, SX4 and finally the Fiesta. My heart instantly settled for the fiesta. Dad too loved the way the car handled and all was fine until...until the confusion which was created by the sole dealer here(Ganges Ford). I had my heart set on the 1.6S and dad was Ok with either that or the ZXi but the problem was that the Sport was only available in Blue and production had stopped so that would mean another 2 months wait if not the blue. I was dead against the blue although dad did not mind the color. So then we had finalized on the black ZXi. this is where the confusion began and the dealer thought we wanted the 1.6S and sold off the ZXi(although the salesman said that the car was still there). Anyway we dropped the idea of booking the car back then as the production was put on a halt.

January passed by and then certain issues sprung up in the family which surely meant no new car.

The wait finally ended in July. We test drove the Civic and Cedia. I frankly had a very tough time deciding between the two. So in came Honda to help me decide. The production of the base model of the Civic was stopped. Thus the civic was out of consideration. Now the only car left was the Cedia. I was in love with the car but Dad, dad was dead against it. Why? because he did not like the interiors. Unfortunately I could not deny that the interior quality was bad(heyyy but thats no reason to reject such a wonderful car). Why pay such a large sum for a car with bad interiors. We are going to be sitting in the car not on it. He's my dad so arguing was out of the question.

In came the ANHC. For some reason I had never liked the car from the time it's been launched. Although things are different now. So we went to book the base model so that I can squeeze my ICE in. We went to book the car without a test drive. Only my dad could do something like that. we reached the showroom, were shown around the place and I convinced dad to take a test drive. It wasn't anything extra ordinary. Just another car. An entire hour at the showroom convinced me that this most certainly WILL not be my next car. The exposed unpainted parts around the wheel, dull interiors, ordinary ride etc. Dad din't know what to do since he did not mind the car so we choose so think over it. On the way back home I remembered my old forgotten love. The Fiesta Sport. So we dropped into Ganges Ford and booked the Fiesta 1.6S on the spot. There was a confusion between black and morrello and we finally decided on morrello 3 days later.

The final decision was made on the 10th of July. The dealer told us that we could expect the car in about 15 days. A few days later I got a call from them saying that the car will have to made as there is no available stock. thus it would take 25 days in all. There was no sign of the car till the 5th of August. On calling them up we found out that it would take another 10 days. 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th all passed by still no sign of the car. Finally it arrived on the 3rd of September.

The loooong wait was definitely worth it. the car handles like a dream, looks BEAUTIFUL, sounds amazing and I love the interiors. I don't think I can ask for more. I'm waiting for the run in period to get over. Its only been a month and a half and 600 kms. Can't wait for the 1st service.

Sorry I do not have any pics. I know I know I'm a disgrace to other BHPians but will surely post pics in a day or two.

Also, I will be ICEing the car sometime in December and will be needing a lot of help for that. I have already bought a Clarion DPX 1851 mono amplifier and will discuss it some time later in the ICE section.

I convinced the dealer into giving me Garware film complimentary and got the car for quite a decent price. 7.5 including everything.

Next on th list : ICE, parking sensors and A DRIVING LICENSE.
mohitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 23:37   #2
Senior - BHPian
Default Great Car

Hi Mohit

Good choice. Congrats. Seems like you made a full circle in your buying decision.

Fiesta 1.6S is a wonderful piece of machinery. I'm sure you would enjoy driving her.

Please post the pics as soon as possible.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 23:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS. One more S in the house! Cheers mate. It will be the first Morello S I will have EVER seen, and definitely the first on Team-Bhp. Come on! Pictures soon!!!!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 00:06   #4

Fiesta count increasing
Congrats buddy and post pics soon
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 00:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Cool! So many owners of S here!

All the best & congrats on your purchase mate
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 12:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, one more proud fiesta owner in the list !
You still to get a Driving Licence? (joking?) !
Drive safely
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 14:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mohit on getting hold of your prized possession!
Its a MUST to post pics with new car review !
Hey - get a learners license at least (I have been driving with a learners license since getting my i10 couple of months back)!
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 02:08   #8

Congrats Mohit on owning the Fiesta.

Happy and safe driving.
Aarman_008 is offline   Reply With Quote