Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th January 2010, 10:42   #151
Senior - BHPian

exotic!
stunning pics dude! IMHO, non HDR version make photos little unnatural. So kindly upload combination of HDR and non-HDR while uploading

which camera you had used?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 17:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

You've got awesome HDR's there brother..!! It was really a pleasure pleasure to these those compositions.

I'll be waiting for more stunning captures from you :-P

Happy and Safe Motoring

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 21:13   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
exotic!
stunning pics dude! IMHO, non HDR version make photos little unnatural. So kindly upload combination of HDR and non-HDR while uploading

which camera you had used?
Thanks shenoy. posting HDR and non-HDR will involve some effort, but will keep it in mind. I am using Canon EOS 1000D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
You've got awesome HDR's there brother..!! It was really a pleasure pleasure to these those compositions.

I'll be waiting for more stunning captures from you :-P

Happy and Safe Motoring

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Thanks amith. I did click some in the rose garden out in Munnar and a few more landscapes. The ones I posted came out the best.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 22:36   #154
Senior - BHPian

Loved your pics mate!. they are fantastic
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 13:01   #155
BHPian

Thanks Ashwin. Wish you the best for your servicing effort.
Old 30th January 2010, 16:50   #156
BHPian

After my return from Munnar, I felt a slight sponginess in the clutch travel. On depressing, midway through, it feels as if it is passing through some rubber valve or something. There is no hindrance of movement as well as the travel is complete with automatic back movement. Took the car to Concorde today. SA said they will change the CSS. It was not changed in first service as my car's chassis number is not in the list.

What I have found surprising is that even though my car is Jun 09 batch, the seat height adjustment assembly was new and did not have a problem. This combined with chassis number not being in the list of cars called for CSS change makes it a bit interesting. Any bright ideas anybody?
Old 30th January 2010, 18:13   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This combined with chassis number not being in the list of cars called for CSS change makes it a bit interesting. Any bright ideas anybody?
may be they had put the new seat leaver and new CSS in your car in June for trial

Just kidding. i am really surprised kapil . How come they left out your chassis number from the list?

How did they ascertain that this was the new assembly? didnt you have the seat issue?.

The CSS is changed just as precautionary measure
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 21:21   #158
BHPian

Ashwin, I too hope my car wasn't the guinea pig

I was able to find about seat height adjustment as I had no issues with seat going down as well as the photos of the new assembly put by Vahanpujari. The lever on my car is the same as on the new height adjustment assembly. Next step is to get the CSS changed.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:43   #159
BHPian

Default A Small Trip

Weekend was available so decided to take a small trip to Kodanadu. Its an Elephant Kraal situated on the Periyar river roughly 52km NE of Ernakulam. A mini zoo and elephant rides complement the scenic and serene Periyar. Drive along NH47 and SH16 was good. Road is good throughout. Drive lasted an hour and thirty minutes while going, but was able to get back in an hour.

Stats

Total distance covered : 122km
Fuel consumed: 10 litres
Mileage 12.2 km/l

A few pics of the this and previous visit
Attached Thumbnails
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0638_1.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0639_2.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0787_1.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0800_1.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0819_1.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 22:43   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Weekend was available so decided to take a small trip to Kodanadu. Its an Elephant Kraal situated on the Periyar river roughly 52km NE of Ernakulam. A mini zoo and elephant rides complement the scenic and serene Periyar. Drive along NH47 and SH16 was good. Road is good throughout. Drive lasted an hour and thirty minutes while going, but was able to get back in an hour.

Stats

Total distance covered : 122km
Fuel consumed: 10 litres
Mileage 12.2 km/l

A few pics of the this and previous visit
Route to Kodanad please. How many elephants there now?
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 00:34   #161
BHPian

Stunning pictures. Linea looks gorgeous in those photos. I have similar photos taken and updated in my thread too.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 08:01   #162
BHPian

Default Route

Thanks Bnz. Socerfan, Route is pretty straightforward till kuruppampady. There is an obscure looking left turn (while going there) at the junction in the town. I missed it and drove some extra five km. I am attaching the image for reference. There are 5-6 elephants. Ride is available only after 1530 at Rs.200 per elephant. Entry fee to mini zoo is two bucks and the usual camera/video charges. Parking fee for car is 10 bucks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-route.jpg  

Last edited by NutsNBolts : 9th February 2010 at 08:04.
Old 13th February 2010, 11:45   #163
BHPian

Default Blue&Me Update

I had been postponing this for sometime. Got time today and started it. Some time back, I had downloaded version 5.4.0.9 from this site Fiat.co.uk | BLUE&ME SOFTWARE UPDATE & IPOD ADAPTER NOW AVAILABLE and had it with me. Copied it to a 2GB stick and started update. A few seconds later, system threw up USB error10, with a voice message saying "Check USB disk, Files not correct (or something similar to this effect)."

This only meant that the version installed in my car was already 5.4.0.9 and needed something higher. So I did some googling and found out that a version 5.4.11 exists. This is how you can download:

Go here: Fiat.co.uk | Blue&Me and wait for the page to load fully. In the right corner of flash animation, click on Blue&Me help. This will take you to a smaller help screen. Click on update tab on this screen and download the 5.4.11 update.

After downloading, update procedure is same. After the update was finished (wait for restarting.... message to go off), media player did not start on its own after I inserted the media carrying stick. To counter this, insert the media stick and on the CD console, select media player by pressing menu button. Media files were recognised and started playing nicely.

After this, on the steering mounted controls, press the phone button and scroll to settings menu.

On reaching settings menu, press the phone symbol button again and select media player by scrolling. In media player, there are two options: Loop on/off and Media Player autostart on/off. Select 'On' and you are good to go.

You will need to pair your phone again after the update.

Last edited by NutsNBolts : 13th February 2010 at 11:50.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:15   #164
Awaiting Email Confirmation

NutsNBolts,

Did you feel any difference between 5.4.09 and 5.4.11 versions?
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 12:59   #165
BHPian

I will be able to comment on any difference after a some driving I guess. So far things don't seem to be any different. This update is majorly meant for iPod users.