Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd May 2010, 13:20   #181
BHPian

Have been given an estimate of approx Rs 4.5K and a time frame of one week, with a rider that I will be informed in case EDC slips, which I seriously think is going to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 10:04   #182
BHPian

Went yesterday to Puthiakavu body shop of concorde to check on the progress. Happy to say that the work has been nicely done and paint matching (Vocal White) was to my satisfaction. After cleaning and polishing, will get my Linea back on Friday evening.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:29   #183
BHPian

Let your Linea get well soon. It is sad to see such a beautiful car in that condition.
GTX007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 18:32   #184
BANNED

Oh boy! Really felt sad at your car. :-(

Was the bonnet tinkered or a new one was replaced?
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 08:15   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Let your Linea get well soon. It is sad to see such a beautiful car in that condition.
Thanks GTX. The whole trip I completed with such a heavy heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Oh boy! Really felt sad at your car. :-(

Was the bonnet tinkered or a new one was replaced?
Arun bonnet and bumper both have been "repaired" and left front headlight is changed.
Old 29th May 2010, 20:26   #186
BHPian

Got the car back today morning. All shining and washed like new. Good job by Concorde. A.S.S gets 8/10 from me. Shaving of two points coz they forgot to fix the antenna back (don't know why it was removed and kept in car) and leaving the wrapper of changed headlight inside car. On starting the car, LHS indicator faulty indication lighted on MID, but went off on activating the indicator, sign of moisture perhaps.

Parts changed: LHS Headlight Assembly and radiator grille.
Tinkered and repainted: Bonnet and Bumper. Bonnet had become misaligned and has been aligned correctly.

I was given an estimate of 4.5k and eventual bill after insurance settling: 4.1K. So happy on account of correct cost and time line estimate.

I found the advantage of taking the insurance from the dealer recommended firm in this episode. I did not have to run for any agent, paperwork or anything else. So next time, I am going to Tata Motors recommended Insurance. I was told that this advantage lies all over India and you can do the paper less claiming.

Overall, A happy customer and a big thumbs up to Fiat A.S.S.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:09   #187
BANNED

Good to hear some positive news on TASS.

Some pics !
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:01   #188
Senior - BHPian

It was really very sad to see your Linea in that shape. Btw, it's great to hear that Concorde Motors did a good job there. If you don't mind please do update the thread with more pics

Happy and Safe Motoring
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 02:06   #189
BHPian

Kapil, happy to see your car back in shape.

Rs. 4100 seems to be pretty cheap despite insurance as they would have charged 100% for the headlight. Curious to know how much did the headlight cost you ?
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 09:22   #190
BHPian

Good part about headlight is that it is considered full metal by insurance and not plastic as I thought. Cost oh headlight assembly: Rs 3462 and cost of radiator grille: Rs 1189. Other costs were towards denting, painting and bumper repair.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:07   #191
BHPian

An Experience:

The place where I live, has about two kilometers of straight road with negligible traffic. For reaching home, I have to take this road. Today, while coming from office, it was raining. I put the car in fifth gear and took my foot off accelerator. Speed dropped to 30kmph and car kept rolling at that speed. Media Player at that time was playing "Aaj Mausam Bada Be-Imaan Hai" by Mohd Rafi. It was an experience I am not going to forget for a long long time: Foot off accelerator and hands off steering, rolling at 30kmph with a song that aptly describes the weather.

Thought of sharing this.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
An Experience:

The place where I live, has about two kilometers of straight road with negligible traffic. For reaching home, I have to take this road. Today, while coming from office, it was raining. I put the car in fifth gear and took my foot off accelerator. Speed dropped to 30kmph and car kept rolling at that speed. Media Player at that time was playing "Aaj Mausam Bada Be-Imaan Hai" by Mohd Rafi. It was an experience I am not going to forget for a long long time: Foot off accelerator and hands off steering, rolling at 30kmph with a song that aptly describes the weather.

Thought of sharing this.
It must have been heavenly, I could almost visualize someone stretching back in comfort. I am sure though that you were very careful with the hands of the steering though.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 21:01   #193
BHPian

Safety first! The road was deserted for full two kilometers, that is why I was able to indulge. Situation permitting, its an experience worth trying for anyone.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:46   #194
cLJ
BHPian

Dear NutsNBolts,

I am considering a Punto Petrol. What is the average mileage you are getting in Kochi on your linea?

CLJ
cLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 08:23   #195
BHPian

Hi cLJ

I get an average of between 12-13 in city (80% ACC) consistently and between 17-19 kmpl on highways (100 % ACC) for whatever limited highway driving I have done. I drive pretty conservatively and try to extract the most.