Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th June 2010, 20:17   #196
BHPian

I was getting the error signal of check number plate light. Took it to concorde today. Was fixed free of cost. In addition, they did the ECU remap for improving the ACC efficiency. This remap is being offered on Linea and Punto 1.4. It has nothing to do with power output, and some settings in ECU are changed about which, the person doing the remap was not ready to divulge anything.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 22:56   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
In addition, they did the ECU remap for improving the ACC efficiency.
Hi NutsNBolts,

Did you specifically asked for the ECU remap? Can you check and update if this remap made any significant changes to the ACC and to the FE.
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 02:41   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was getting the error signal of check number plate light. Took it to concorde today. Was fixed free of cost. In addition, they did the ECU remap for improving the ACC efficiency. This remap is being offered on Linea and Punto 1.4. It has nothing to do with power output, and some settings in ECU are changed about which, the person doing the remap was not ready to divulge anything.
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the ECU remap is to optimize the automatic A/C cutoff based on engine RPM. Anyway, glad to hear that the FIAT service is doing reasonably well.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 09:39   #199
BHPian

Yes, I presume so too. The technician was quite fuzzy in his reply and above all, there was the language barrier. He probably would've explained better to someone speaking Malayalam.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:59   #200
BHPian

Got a mailer from Fiat regarding 2010 monsoon check up camp. Duration is 28 Jun to 31 Jul 2010. Already registered here Fiat India
Old 5th July 2010, 20:43   #201
BHPian

A visit to the Golf club and great weather. Weather was too good to miss out a photo shoot. So here goes:
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1147.jpg

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1148.jpg

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1145.jpg

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1146_fhdr.jpg

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1144.jpg

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1143.jpg

Thanks to J Ravi, got the kicker plates from Chennai. Cost Rs 950+200 shipping.

Front plate

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1149.jpg

Rear Plate

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1150.jpg
Old 6th July 2010, 08:53   #202
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the fantastic pictures. The car looks awesome.

I wanted to share a concern about the scuff plates (kicker plates) you and J.Ravi have installed. You folks have to be especially careful about water/grime not getting stuck under them, because it'll start rusting really soon. Mind you, I do think that this looks great.

I saw this while I was helping my friend buy a second hand car in Canada. A mechanic later told us that scuff plates (specially after market ones) tend to have this problem. The problem in Canada was quite severe due to the salts used for melting the snow during the winters.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 09:01   #203
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
A visit to the Golf club and great weather. Weather was too good to miss out a photo shoot.
Thanks to J Ravi, got the kicker plates from Chennai. Cost Rs 950+200 shipping.
Stunning photographs and cute Fiat Linea, Kapil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
You folks have to be especially careful about water/grime not getting stuck under them, because it'll start rusting really soon.
Thanks, Amartya. I shall constantly check for the rust and corrosion. These kick plates could be peeled off in such case.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:07   #204
BHPian

Awesome pics. The Linea looks great and the background is simply stunning.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 20:26   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Thanks for sharing the fantastic pictures. The car looks awesome.

I wanted to share a concern about the scuff plates (kicker plates) you and J.Ravi have installed. You folks have to be especially careful about water/grime not getting stuck under them, because it'll start rusting really soon. Mind you, I do think that this looks great.

I saw this while I was helping my friend buy a second hand car in Canada. A mechanic later told us that scuff plates (specially after market ones) tend to have this problem. The problem in Canada was quite severe due to the salts used for melting the snow during the winters.
Thanks for the heads up Amartya. During fitting, I realised that that the plate doesn't come in contact with the body. Adhesive line is the only place where it touches. Still, water has ways and means of getting into places. Will keep a look out

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Stunning photographs and cute Fiat Linea, Kapil.
Thanks Ravi. Those kicker plates owe their placement to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Awesome pics. The Linea looks great and the background is simply stunning.
Thanks newpunter.
Old 9th July 2010, 00:05   #206
Senior - BHPian

Needless to say, the pictures are really awesome. You never fail to impress us with your snaps.

I do agree with Amartya. We had scuff plates in our Fiat Palio. We had used the car for a few years and the portion below the scuff plates showed some signs of rust. Better be careful brother. Btw, it looks awesome. I liked it.

Happy and safe motoring btw!
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 21:20   #207
BHPian

Thanks Amith. Thinking hard about scuff plates. Let me see a few months and will then decide.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:48   #208
BHPian

Any feedback on the scuff plates? I just a bought a set and after reading the comments, am in two minds in putting them on the linea.
ceebeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 21:23   #209
BHPian

Mine are holding fine till date. Similar plates are available as original accessories from Fiat as well. Fiat has updated the accessories list.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:26   #210
BHPian

Default Scuff plates for Linea

Quote:
Mine are holding fine till date. Similar plates are available as original accessories from Fiat as well. Fiat has updated the accessories list.
I bought Linea scuff plates (only front) from KHT Motors, Bangalore for Rs.324 + tax. One box has a set of 2. They still don't have the stock for rear ones. Funny thing is that sales reps and spares guys don't know if the box has a set of 2
vivekshukla is offline   Reply With Quote