Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th September 2010, 15:55   #211
BHPian

Whats the correct way to stick them on? Is it towards the inside or towards the outside. Just saw anther Linea thread where the scuff plates were installed on the inside of the car sill.
ceebeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 17:20   #212
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
Whats the correct way to stick them on? Is it towards the inside or towards the outside. Just saw anther Linea thread where the scuff plates were installed on the inside of the car sill.
They are suppose to stick on the outer side not the inner side. I have seen quite a few cars like the Cruze that have illuminated plates that are stuck on the outer side.

I hope illuminated plates also show up for Linea that would be great. imagine orange colour plates, Cruze has blue ones.
ajai_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 21:15   #213
BHPian

^ Colored scuff plates would be a great addition. ceebeezee, the plates can fit only one way if you see the moulding angle of plates and design of the sills. Check here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1968254 (The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)) In the last two photos, L is starting from aft section of the car and A in the front.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 01:34   #214
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post

I wanted to share a concern about the scuff plates (kicker plates) you and J.Ravi have installed. You folks have to be especially careful about water/grime not getting stuck under them, because it'll start rusting really soon. Mind you, I do think that this looks great.

I saw this while I was helping my friend buy a second hand car in Canada. A mechanic later told us that scuff plates (specially after market ones) tend to have this problem. The problem in Canada was quite severe due to the salts used for melting the snow during the winters.
This is a super relevant point ! I never thought about it from that angle.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 01:37   #215

Kapil,

I believe you have purchased your car through CSD from Concorde Motors Chennai. Can you help me out with the contact point, price and the process for the same. I am also planning to buy a Emotion PK through Chennai CSD.
augustus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 07:40   #216
BHPian

Hi augustus

The point man with whom I dealt with is not with Concorde Chennai anymore. You will have to get in touch with Concorde Chennai and ask them to connect you with guy dealing with CSD customers. Regarding price, the current and correct price for which amount DD has to be made can be ascertained only from the concerned depot. Following phone numbers might be of help:

CSD Chennai: 04425671369
Concorde Chennai: 04422354014.

The person I dealt with, Venkatesh: 9840771525
Another person Mr Giri (Sales head for Fiat) at Concorde: 9841286732

I hope this info helps. Will be glad to answer any other query.
Old 12th September 2010, 00:28   #217

Thanks Kapil

I will get in touch with them... I surfed through the website of csd.gov.in... TN has the cheapest rate through CSD and with a Gurgaon registration the vehicle is costing approx 8 lacs, which is almost 60k cheaper than any other state and make my pocket lighter by 1.3 lacs if I buy from the open market.... Any idea about a DSA/ agent who can help me getting the vehicle financed?
augustus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 11:18   #218
BHPian

Actually the cheapest is in Kolkata and Ahemdabad. So you can see which is closely located to you and decide. I have no idea about any agents for finance. Maybe you can contact the showroom itself and they have tie up with certain finance deals.

I bought mine is Chennai and got it registered in C'garh and saved me a 1lac.
Old 18th September 2010, 22:50   #219
BHPian

Since I am going to be out of town in October, I wanted to finish the second service falling due on 15 Oct. In addition to the service, there was a small repair job on the rear bumper. While reversing out of my garage, I managed to hit the lower bolt of the garage door and it caused a gash (1.5 inch cut) in the rear bumper, just below the chrome strip. other than these, there was no real issue.

When I went for service, the dealership was chock-a-block with cars and no SAs :cry: . Came to know that next day being hartal, most SAs are on leave. To my surprise I saw CRM and works manager taking the cars in for service. Mine was taken by the works manager. Great show. I told him the usual stuff and asked him to change the pollen filter to meshed one.

Received an SMS from dealership saying the car was ready. Another great show. Called up the SA and came to know it was a SMS generated by system for service completion. The car had gone to body shop for bumper work. Was promised delivery after two days since it has been raining cats and dogs in Kochi.

Went in today morning for collection and the final bill was being prepared. Picked up beige colored neck pillows and cushions for the rear seats. The door visors were not available. Will be available by next month end.

Total service bill (excluding accessories and including paint work) was 4615. Out of this, 800 was charged for bumper welding and painting. Finish on the bumper job is fantastic. So in one year of ownership, I have paid just 3.6K for ownership. Items that have been changed/replaced under warranty till date:

a. Clutch Slave Cylinder.
b. Door beading of the rust fame.
c. Engine re-map.

Overall, first year of ownership has been a great experience, both in driving the car as well as in maintaining it. Two thumbs up to Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-1_1920x1022.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1156_1800x1200.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1158_1800x1200.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1164_1800x1200.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_1165_1800x1200.jpg  

Old 19th September 2010, 09:23   #220

Breathtaking photographs, Kapil. But, you forgot mask the registration plate in the last one. Many more happy returns of the day for your Fiat Linea.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 12:23   #221
BHPian

Thanks for pointing out Ravi. Slipped out.

Mods, anyway to edit/modify this mistake?
Old 19th September 2010, 17:53   #222
Senior - BHPian

You've beautifully captured the beauty of Fiat Linea. Yes, awesome clicks brother.

And, I'm surprised to hear that you have spent only Rs 3.6k during the past one year. Btw, we're happy with our Fiat Punto too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Mods, anyway to edit/modify this mistake?
Please do report the post to the moderators. They'll surely make the necessary changes to the post within a short time interval.

Amith
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 16:57   #223
BHPian

My Linea completes one year of association with me today. This one year has been absolutely great and the love for the beauty has grown at every sight. A Grand Birthday Wash was planned for her birthday, but the rains played spoilsport.

Renewed my insurance too. IDV fixed at 6L and premium 19K. I got it done through Concorde motors as my experience during accident claim taught me to stick with the dealer appointed insurer. With policy certificate, I got Tata Motors Gold Club membership. The booklet contains huge number of discount vouchers for service, POL and parts. Parts vouchers are good only for Tata vehicles but others contain discount coupons for a whole lot of POL and services.

Loving every day of ownership for the last one year and a very happy Fiat owner.
Old 15th October 2010, 18:59   #224

Happy birthday to your Fiat Linea, Kapil. I wish your Linea many more happy returns of the day. Happy and safe driving in your Linea.

Even I didn't take my Linea out on her first birthday due to my pre-occupation with home renovation. I am sticking on with the sarkari Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd. and paid Rs 7104 with full NCB.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 20:24   #225
Senior - BHPian

NutsNBolts, Congratulations on the first anniversary of your Fiat Linea

I wish you many many happy miles.Always wear your seat-belt and drive safe.

Amith
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote