Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th October 2009, 19:41   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col KRK View Post
@pranava999 ..thanx for the link of your car pics. I think you have minimal grey colour and not medium grey. Nice pics.
Thank you.
Sorry about that oversight. Didn't realise you were looking at medium grey and not minimal. I would opt for the medium grey over the gold. However the most stunning looker is the the Black - but requires a lot of care.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 19:46   #62
BHPian

Dont go for black. I was told by a dealer that black is not fast moving colour. If you want black you will get a pre-June 09 model.
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 10:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
REALLY SUPERB!!! I bet if your above photos are put on hoarding ad (as in one of the pics above) it is sure to boost the LINEA sales by leaps and bounds.
Congratulations on your new buy, Kapil. Excellent review as well. Please keep posting more photos, I really love to watch Linea taken with great photographic skills.
Enjoy your drive..
Thanks for the appreciative words Jaisha. Will take some more snaps after I get the seats done.

@Col KRK

Fully agree with Pranav and Achinth. Medium grey will nicely complement the minimal grey you already own. Black will be pretty tough to maintain.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 16:17   #64
BHPian

Congratulations on your Linea NutsNBolts. Lovely pictures. You do so much justice to the curves with your photography and processing skills.

Looking forward for pictures of the interiors once it is done.
visweshkalambur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 18:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post

Anand, going by regulations, if I buy a car today, I am not permitted to sell it for next two years, because I have given a signed undertaking to the CSD. The main reason for this "two year" clause is to give a fair chance to everyone to buy a car without creating any backlog. Whether or not it serves a purpose is another discussion.

There are people who sell it before the stipulated two year period. IMHO, there should be absolutely no extra charges other than what is quoted by CSD and the DD making charges. In this case, the person you are buying from will not be able to buy another car for next two years. If you have any further queries, feel free to ask.
Hey Kapil, thanks for your reply.

The reason I am asking is that I have a friend who can buy the car and then sell it to me. Am just wondering if it is legal and if I buy the car from him in a month or so, will I be required to pay the excise and other duty that he enjoyed because of being in the army
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 21:13   #66
BHPian

Vishwesh, thanks for your appreciative words. Will put up the done up seats.

@Anand,

If you are buying a fully registered and insured car, there is no need to pay any other taxes. Another way is that car is invoiced in your name. For that, you will have to go to CSD with an authority letter from your friend. The problem with authority letter is that it can be taken to CSD by a relative and this authority letter has to be counter-signed by your friend's unit head. All these can be worked out. Once the invoicing has been done and the car has been registered, insured, no question of any other vat, excise etc..
Old 28th October 2009, 01:26   #67
BHPian

Hey NutsNBolts; really good pics..

Even I referred to the 1.4 linea reviews here before i bought my punto not many detailed 1.4 punto reviews.

BTW I just found your review, got some questions:
1) Are you using regular gas in your linea? (from our earlier discussion, just curious)
2) Does the message reader read messages from your 3G? if yes then how do I go ahead with the settings for my 3G?
3) Any mileage figures from the MID?

The Linea does deserve that admiration..

Congrats!

Aashay B.
TC_aashay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 15:54   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Vishwesh, thanks for your appreciative words. Will put up the done up seats.

@Anand,

If you are buying a fully registered and insured car, there is no need to pay any other taxes. Another way is that car is invoiced in your name. For that, you will have to go to CSD with an authority letter from your friend. The problem with authority letter is that it can be taken to CSD by a relative and this authority letter has to be counter-signed by your friend's unit head. All these can be worked out. Once the invoicing has been done and the car has been registered, insured, no question of any other vat, excise etc..
Does this mean that he can only authorize his relative.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Hey NutsNBolts; really good pics..

Even I referred to the 1.4 linea reviews here before i bought my punto not many detailed 1.4 punto reviews.

BTW I just found your review, got some questions:
1) Are you using regular gas in your linea? (from our earlier discussion, just curious)
2) Does the message reader read messages from your 3G? if yes then how do I go ahead with the settings for my 3G?
3) Any mileage figures from the MID?

The Linea does deserve that admiration..

Congrats!

Aashay B.
Thanks Ashay. Regarding your queries
1. Yes I am using regular unleaded. There are some pumps that don't keep unleaded one. There is no way of knowing the RON of the fuel being pumped from these stations. I guess that is why Fiat has particularly asked customers to use regular unleaded fuel, knowing very well whay goes on in the premium field.

2. I am not able to use the message reader on B&Me. Touch 3G is not listed amongst phones that support message reader. Since B&Me is based on WinMo 5.3/5.4, I guess the message reader protocol of WinMo 6.1 is not compatible.

3.MID has been giving me 12.3 in city driving and 17.2 on highway driving. This is with sedate driving keeping the revs below 2.5k most of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Does this mean that he can only authorize his relative.
Either relative or another uniformed person. I guess if considers you to be your brother , he can authorise you.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Either relative or another uniformed person. I guess if considers you to be your brother , he can authorise you.
Hey Kapil, thanks for the info. He does consider me my brother, but he is posted in the same city as I and I am not his blood brother. So what are the options.

I have spoken to him too. He said that he can only authorise a relative, provided he is not posted in his home town. But since he is also posted here he said that it wont be workable. However, he will find out again and let me know in a couple of days. Will update what I hear from him, in the meanwhile will appreciate your help.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:05   #71
BHPian

Anand, whoever have suggested this idea of selling the car on immediate purchase through CSD is wrong. This is a privileges given to defence people only to purchase at concessional rate.The eligibility for purchase comes only after giving an undertaking that one would not sell the car within two years of purchase.So, legally car cannot be sold for two years from the date of purchase. In case of complaints, it can complicate the whole issue. Alternatively, you can think of buying the car now from him and changing the name for registration after two years.
Col KRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 19:06   #72
BHPian

Anand, in this situation, I don't see a way out. As Col KRK suggests, you can buy the car although registered in your friend's name. However, it might lead to some legal complications in case of any unfortunate accident.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:46   #73
BHPian

hey Kapil, I am planning to buy Linea Emotion Pk in Bangalore. When I took TD of it, I was taken back by the way it was brushing every speed bump. Smaller bumps could be handled in 1st gear, but a relatively bigger one invariably runs the under body. Have you taken the car on rough undulating roads?
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:09   #74
BHPian

Hi Sylvan,

Unless a bump is protruding high in the road, i have not had any scraping issues. On really high breakers, i try to stop the vehicle on the top edge of and from there go down with control of first gear.

Got the seat covers done. Mr Sajith Unni from Bangalore has appointed Car Shoppe as his dealer in Kochi. Fitting was done by Reuben. Fitting process was an eye opener. He started at 10 AM and finished only by 11PM, with a lunch break. All through I was present. For single fitter, it is a huge work. Total cost including seats, arm rest, door trims, gear boot, hand brake sheath and tip: Rs. 32K. Color selected was Camel.
Attached Thumbnails
The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0610.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0611.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0614.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0616.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0619.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0628.jpg  

The Line Journal (Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack)-img_0609.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2009, 19:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

wow! Very nice choice of color for seat covers! Just adds to the beauty of the Linea!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote