Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 22:46   #106
BHPian
 
TC_aashay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Punto doors same

my punto doors are a bit hard to shut.

Co passengers who close their doors slowly have to try 2 or 3 times to close properly. & those who close the doors thinking they are Tourist cars doors; close hard (really annoy me) closing it in their 1st attempt.

Even when my punto was new, i found the problem, but later on learned the trick and always tell the co-passengers who fail the first time when I yell, "CLOSE slowly!!"

You just have to continue the strength you apply to close the door all the way till it closes. Not stop the force midway thinking the door will close then. But mantain the same amount of force no need to increase it or decrease it. 2 times was enough for the regular passengers to learn the trick!

Try it hope it works.
TC_aashay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 21:00   #107
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

It's the other way round in my case. Doors close smoothly and with "thud" that is typical to Fiat. Boot however needs to be slammed down hard, and of course it closes with a thud . Will get it checked if it is due to lack of greasing or something.

"CLOSE SLOWLY" is the approach we have to take on my sister's Alto. If you use a little force while closing, it feels as if the whole door will bend.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 10:11   #108
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Got these following accessories

Mobile holder: eBay India: CAR MOUNT HOLDER UNIVERSAL FOR ALL MOBILE/BLACK (item 380180419463 end time 22-Dec-2009 16:51:37 IST)

Mounted on the front right quarter glass. Sturdy and convenient.

HTC car charger: eBay India: CAR CHARGER FOR HTC TOUCH-O2 Mini-DOPOD 818 Etc. (item 350282219279 end time 28-Nov-2009 16:39:01 IST)
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 11:38   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I am just exploring the features in my new linea and enjoying every bit driving it. The problem of chorme strips falling has not stopped even in as latest as Sept manufactured car, since the problem was noticed pre June cars. I lost a strip in the rear window.Pretty bad that fiat is not concentrating on improving it.

I am able pair my Blue and Me with my mobile phone (ASUS P552W-windows mobile), but message reader is not working . Any idea, how to configure message reader. I did follow steps given in the manual. But, no luck.
Col KRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 13:00   #110
BHPian
 
SilentEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mangalore-Bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col KRK View Post
I am able pair my Blue and Me with my mobile phone (ASUS P552W-windows mobile), but message reader is not working . Any idea, how to configure message reader. I did follow steps given in the manual. But, no luck.
Message reader depends on the phone model. Not all phones support the message reader, so you will have to check the compatibility with your phone

Here is the list of compatible phones:
Fiat Blue&me
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 20:40   #111
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

It is a funny thing that message readers in the windows mobile phones are not compatible with Blue&Me. I guess in this case, they have left the compatibility to the email and not the message reader.

Falling of chrome strips is sure a bad thing and Fiat ought to have licked that problem.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 22:14   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 998
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Hi Gentleman,
Congratulation on your great Fiat.It is really beautiful as well as costly.Please care her nicely.It is true some one close the door of our car with a biug bang we get irritated.
Thanks.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 14:38   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Surprised that Microsoft's Blue & Me not universally compatible to all model with mobile phones with Windows Mobile Operating system.
Col KRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 20:08   #114
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Thanks Navan for your concern. I guess Fiat is the only manufacturer using Blue&Me (please correct me if wrong), and WinMo doesn't have a huge market presence. So I guess these are the factors that MS doesn't provide support to its own product family
(though unbelievable).
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 21:03   #115
BHPian
 
achinthg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 201
Thanked: Once
Default

Newer versions of B&M are made available periodically to support newer mobile phone models.
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:26   #116
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Newest version is 5.4 that fixes the iPod compatibility issue. Have there been any more update releases after that? Any plans on EcoDrive being launched in India?
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:28   #117
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Hey NutsNBolts, congrats on your buy. I thought you were waiting for Punto- that's what you wrote in my thread. Anyway good to see that you're enjoying your time with Linea. BTW just tell all the people who are enquiring about Linea being purchased from CSD that its only for defence personnel and that any person doing that is doing a wrong thing. Col KRK sir is correct in that regard. I personally also dont like CSD facilities being misused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Another question: Anyone can please tell me the location of the ACC inlet/exhaust (don't know what is it calledwhich, if blocked leads to reduced performance of ACC?
I think it was the condenser pipe. But it actually surprises me as the water outlet pipe is from the evaporator!

Last edited by firstguri : 3rd December 2009 at 18:37.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:47   #118
BHPian
 
samsan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 404
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
my punto doors are a bit hard to shut.

Co passengers who close their doors slowly have to try 2 or 3 times to close properly. & those who close the doors thinking they are Tourist cars doors; close hard (really annoy me) closing it in their 1st attempt.

Even when my punto was new, i found the problem, but later on learned the trick and always tell the co-passengers who fail the first time when I yell, "CLOSE slowly!!"

You just have to continue the strength you apply to close the door all the way till it closes. Not stop the force midway thinking the door will close then. But mantain the same amount of force no need to increase it or decrease it. 2 times was enough for the regular passengers to learn the trick!

Try it hope it works.
What I have observed in my Punto is you dont need a lot of force to shut either the door or the boot. Particularly the boot, you need to pull it down to a level where the piston effect releases and then just push it down and the rest gravity takes over and the boot closes without issues. What is more annoying is security folks who check boots at hospital, offices, malls slam it so hard that your ears tremble. But can't help it, can't teach each and everyone of them on how to.
Doors also close quite nicely if you just push it firmly no need to slam it, the inertia takes over and closes the door the very first time.
And you need to push it from farther away when the doors are fully open but ofcourse when you are parked at near pillars or other cars then no option, have to closely it little hard.
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 20:45   #119
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Hey NutsNBolts, congrats on your buy. I thought you were waiting for Punto- that's what you wrote in my thread. Anyway good to see that you're enjoying your time with Linea. BTW just tell all the people who are enquiring about Linea being purchased from CSD that its only for defence personnel and that any person doing that is doing a wrong thing. Col KRK sir is correct in that regard. I personally also dont like CSD facilities being misused.
Thanks firstguri. I always do this, plan for something and buy something else . Since Linea was within budget from CSD, it made more sense to go for the Italian Line with curves all around. I agree, CSD facilities must not be misused, but I also feel some of rules are designed to put the CSD, rather than the user at advantage. Can you tell me the location of condenser pipe, will try and see if it is blocked or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
What I have observed in my Punto is you dont need a lot of force to shut either the door or the boot. Particularly the boot, you need to pull it down to a level where the piston effect releases and then just push it down and the rest gravity takes over and the boot closes without issues.
I feel that's the ideal situation. But in my case, I have to close the boot real hard to make it close properly. Guess this is something I'll get checked during first service.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 21:07   #120
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Can you tell me the location of condenser pipe, will try and see if it is blocked or something.
Lets just clear it. Condenser pipe as some have mentioned it to be is actually the drain pipe of the evaporator panel. Condenser is the radiator in the front of the car (one of the three). I think the drain pipe is accessible from the driver's foot well center panel, though that is something that I'm assuming after having read some of the posts. An easier way of testing it is to check for condensed water below the car after having run the AC for some time.

Last edited by firstguri : 4th December 2009 at 21:09.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience rhenius Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 127 25th October 2010 17:31
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red opendro Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 129 26th April 2010 10:40
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!! VahanPujari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 724 29th January 2010 14:34
Punto MJD Emotion Regular v/s Emotion Pack psmith Hatchbacks 15 20th October 2009 09:33
Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack atilla Hatchbacks 1 4th August 2009 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks