Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th December 2009, 21:23   #121
Awaiting Email Confirmation

NutsNBolts & firstguri: Recently, after our Mysore trip, I noticed the floors of the driver and rear right passenger were wet. So, I took my Fiat Linea to Concorde Motors. The mechanic hoisted the car and cleaned the drain pipe, which was behind the engine bay, using compressed air. Then the car was brought down and he opened the panel on the left side of the clutch. The drain pipe was disconnected. So, he connected it securely and then closed the panel. So, the drain pipe/tube was not visible. You have to open the panel to see it.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 12:52   #122
BHPian

Thanks for the input Ravi. The opening I am asking for is inlet and not the drain. I had read somewhere that if the inlet becomes choked, it will bring down the performance of ACC as well as FE. I want to know about it for periodical DIY maintenance purpose.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 09:42   #123
BHPian

My Linea has completed 1700 by now and is approaching the first service due on 10 Jan. So far, in two months of ownership, the vehicle has been free of any niggles or problems. All subsidiaries performing the way they should, providing great ride comfort and quality. A very happy customer so far.
Old 20th December 2009, 00:40   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Thanks for the input Ravi. The opening I am asking for is inlet and not the drain. I had read somewhere that if the inlet becomes choked, it will bring down the performance of ACC as well as FE. I want to know about it for periodical DIY maintenance purpose.
Yes if the pipe is choked then the ACC performance will drop. Just keep an eye on the floor mats. If they get wet then you know by now what to do.
Quote:
My Linea has completed 1700 by now and is approaching the first service due on 10 Jan. So far, in two months of ownership, the vehicle has been free of any niggles or problems. All subsidiaries performing the way they should, providing great ride comfort and quality. A very happy customer so far.
Good to hear that. After going through Geeash's and BNZJon's thread, I'm on the lookout for owners with good after sales experience. Geez, those guys are really scaring away potential Linea owners.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 09:14   #125
BHPian

In Geeash's case, I think it is more to do with a service center and in case of BNZ, manufacturer has honored the warranty, though the head honchos did not turn up to look at the car. These things are desirable at best, and I feel if the work is being done to one's satisfaction, that should be sufficient. Geeash's case however, is pretty unfortunate and is a case study for Fiat to set benchmark in providing A.S.S.

I feel tying up with Carnation is going to bring a lot more stability to the spares availability.
Old 20th December 2009, 10:40   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes if the pipe is choked then the ACC performance will drop. Just keep an eye on the floor mats. If they get wet then you know by now what to do.
Would you please elaborate more on keeping the eye on the floor mats?

Also the solution to this.

Your reply is eagerly awaited. Thanks in advance.
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 11:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I feel tying up with Carnation is going to bring a lot more stability to the spares availability.
Now that is news to me. When did this happen? I anyway dont know much about carnation, so I dont know what to expect
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Would you please elaborate more on keeping the eye on the floor mats?

Also the solution to this.

Your reply is eagerly awaited. Thanks in advance.
Well the mats would get wet. That's it. What has been brought out by owners who've had this problem is that the water leaks inside the foot well when the drain pipe gets choked.
Old 20th December 2009, 14:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Now that is news to me. When did this happen? I anyway dont know much about carnation, so I dont know what to expect
This is a tie up between Carnation and Magneti Marelli. More infor in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...p-company.html (Carnation tie-up with Magneti Marelli (A Fiat Group Company))
Old 21st December 2009, 03:01   #129
BHPian

Quote:
This is a tie up between Carnation and Magneti Marelli. More infor in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...p-company.html (Carnation tie-up with Magneti Marelli (A Fiat Group Company))
Hey, thanks for the link. I'll check it ASAP.
Old 27th December 2009, 09:42   #130
BHPian

For those looking for accessories for Linea and Punto, Fiat has approved a few of them including Alloys, Head Units from JVC, Rear Parking sensors etc. More Info here Fiat India

Under "More Information" click on Accessories and you can find them for Grande Punto and Linea. Typically however, price list, photos and dealer list is missing.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:53   #131
BHPian

Quote:
For those looking for accessories for Linea and Punto, Fiat has approved a few of them including Alloys, Head Units from JVC, Rear Parking sensors etc. More Info here Fiat India

Under "More Information" click on Accessories and you can find them for Grande Punto and Linea. Typically however, price list, photos and dealer list is missing.
I dont understand how they will able to put up JVC units in place of OEM head units, especially when the thing about BlueNMe compatibilty has been brought up before. I think its only for Active and Dynamic models.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:32   #132
BHPian

There was some talk of Blaupunkt HUs getting replaced by JVC and JVC becoming the stock one. As far as Blue&Me is concerned, shouldn't take much in mating the software with new hardware. One particular reason I can think why Fiat is providing JVC is the limited customisation ability of the present Blaupunkt units e.g. you just can't connect an extra amplifier with the present unit. On the other hand, these HUs could be for Active and Dynamic versions.
Old 1st January 2010, 17:36   #133
BHPian

Quote:
There was some talk of Blaupunkt HUs getting replaced by JVC and JVC becoming the stock one. As far as Blue&Me is concerned, shouldn't take much in mating the software with new hardware. One particular reason I can think why Fiat is providing JVC is the limited customisation ability of the present Blaupunkt units e.g. you just can't connect an extra amplifier with the present unit. On the other hand, these HUs could be for Active and Dynamic versions.
Yes what you said makes sense. Lets see what unfolds at the Auto Expo.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:39   #134
Senior - BHPian

I hope that your Linea is doing pretty good over there.How about adding some new snaps of your car brother.?

Happy and Safe Motoring :-)
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 20:46   #135
BHPian

Thanks amith. Will be updating after the first servicing which is due on 15th.