Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 17:12   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 183
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

My Verna SX CRDI came loaded with Keyless entry with integrated Anti-theft alarm system.
newcoolgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 13:50   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 183
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Ok, I just checked the engine oil in my Verna and surprisingly it came out much darker and a little dirtier than I had expected. Now, I know my particular car was with the dealer for over 2 months before I booked it, and had been used for a few TD's (including the one I took), and the service manual shows that the first PDI was done in July 2009 when the car was first taken out of the stockyard. Another PDI was done before the car was delivered to me in September. As you know, I had shortlisted this particular car as it was the only one left with the dealer will all 4 disc brakes. I do not have any other problems with the car and the FE I am getting is a mind-boggling 18.5 kmpl in the city with AC on.

Now my questions are:
  1. Should I get the oil changed at the first service, even though Hyundai recommends the first change at 10,000 kms?
  2. Should I go for a mineral or synthetic oil? I have read on this forum that synthetic oils are only recommended for cars that have run 10,000+ kms.
  3. Which brand of oil would you suggest for the Diesel Verna?
  4. Should I change the other oils (gear oil, etc) too?
  5. Should I change the diesel filter along with the oil filter too, at the first service at 1200 kms?
My Verna will be completing the first 1000 kms this week and I plan to take her for the 1st service this week.

Last edited by newcoolgadgets : 25th October 2009 at 13:51.
newcoolgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 13:57   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,793
Thanked: 893 Times
Default

Congratulations on your new buy brother...Btw beautiful compositions..Which camera do you use brother..??

Happy Motoring...Drive Her Safe
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 15:51   #34
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

NCG, congratulations on your rocket.Amazing power and torque it delivers.Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Your narration regarding your banker was funny as well as so true and annoying.good to see you cool.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 19:48   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 183
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Congratulations on your new buy brother...Btw beautiful compositions..Which camera do you use brother..??
Thanks Klub Klass, I am currently using a Nikon D80 SLR with a Nikon 18-135mm AF-S Zoom Lens. It is good general purpose lens, but I am looking to upgrade to the Nikon 18 - 200mm VR lens.
newcoolgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:06   #36
BHPian
 
sudeep.pandya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chhindwara(M.P)
Posts: 183
Thanked: 299 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna SX CRDi (ABS) - My "Silver Rocket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Thanks Klub Klass, I am currently using a Nikon D80 SLR with a Nikon 18-135mm AF-S Zoom Lens. It is good general purpose lens, but I am looking to upgrade to the Nikon 18 - 200mm VR lens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Ok, I just checked the engine oil in my Verna and surprisingly it came out much darker and a little dirtier than I had expected. Now, I know my particular car was with the dealer for over 2 months before I booked it, and had been used for a few TD's (including the one I took), and the service manual shows that the first PDI was done in July 2009 when the car was first taken out of the stockyard. Another PDI was done before the car was delivered to me in September. As you know, I had shortlisted this particular car as it was the only one left with the dealer will all 4 disc brakes. I do not have any other problems with the car and the FE I am getting is a mind-boggling 18.5 kmpl in the city with AC on.

Now my questions are:
  1. Should I get the oil changed at the first service, even though Hyundai recommends the first change at 10,000 kms?
  2. Should I go for a mineral or synthetic oil? I have read on this forum that synthetic oils are only recommended for cars that have run 10,000+ kms.
  3. Which brand of oil would you suggest for the Diesel Verna?
  4. Should I change the other oils (gear oil, etc) too?
  5. Should I change the diesel filter along with the oil filter too, at the first service at 1200 kms?
My Verna will be completing the first 1000 kms this week and I plan to take her for the 1st service this week.
Hi Newcoolgadgets,

Cant answer your questions as you must have been an expert by now. However, I have few contacts in Nagpur who stock Mobil Delvac 1.

Btw, How is your car doing? Its time for an ODO update dude!

-Sudeep
sudeep.pandya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket abhi_k007 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 75 21st August 2014 16:33
White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms vkochar Long-Term Ownership Reviews 167 18th May 2013 12:47
Hyundai Verna CRDI (SXI) with ABS rippergeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 143 6th September 2009 17:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:41.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks