Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2009, 09:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car & on being the first proud Bhpian to own a Cruze

The car looks stunning
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:31   #47
Team-BHP Support

Congratz! Its a great car i guess, somebody took a test drive yesterday and was cursing me and himself for buying an Altis

Keep updating the thread, got some info that GM is doing further trials around BLR for some more tweaking, so expect further WOW's after you get a call from the dealer.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:37   #48
BHPian

Congratulations! Its a great car to drive.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:52   #49
BHPian

Default My first reaction...

I ripped my new cruze the entire evening yesterday. Both- City and Highway

Here is my feeling of the car-
The car is really "stable". I touched 160 kmph, and it was 'makkhan'. The pickup, wow its awesome. I have an innova, but with this cruze, overtaking has completely changed. I can feel the punch when I floor the accelerator. "Turbo Lag" is evident below 1700 rpm, I guess I have to get used to changing the gears. I am 6' tall, and leg space is not a problem.

The suspension was pretty good, the ride was smooth. Even on bumpy roads. Initially I thought that since the rear suspension is not independent, there may be some issues. I have driven the car on pretty bumpy roads, and none of the people in the car noticed any dis-comfort. So I guess it is ok.
The gear shifting is smooth and not a problem.
The music system has a 6-cd changer, and I did not know that until I drove the car for 2 hrs. I was pleasantly surprised. As posted previously on the other thread- the music system is really awesome. I mean this is one of the best company fitted ones I am hearing.
Secondly, the screen is something that gives the "ooh" factor. The entire details of a song playing are on the screen, in one screen shot. Name of author, album, etc. One can do multiple settings on the screen. In-fact by end of day tomorrow, I shall post one full review on the screen itself.

The steering controls are really convenient. It has a 'mute' button on the steering wheel. It is so handy for conversations, picking up a phone, etc.

Braking was really good. And I did try braking at different speeds. The car is really stable. And the ABS works well.

The start/stop button is really cool. Though one has to get used to it. It is fun when I offer a test-drive to a new person. He sits in and starts searching for the key-hole. Then I sheepishly push the button and 'voila!!' ha ha ha ha.

I still have to figure out the door locking, and automatic door locking.
I am planning to take the car today to the workshop, and take pictures from below it. If any of you want any specific pics, please say so, I shall give them.

One more thing my Dad noticed, is that , at night the headlight of the car/bike approaching- it is a bit uncomfortable. A round headlight, with lines going out, like rays of sun. Hence, one can see only the headlights and limited sight beyond. Maybe I am assuming, or something, but there is a little problem there. I ll give more feedback on that, once I use it more often. But, it has no-where changed the 'WoW' experience.

If you guys have any questions about the car please feel free to ask, I shall give all answers that I can. I still have to receive the service manual. Once I do that, I shall scan it- so that I can send it to anyone who is interested. Or can post it somewhere.

Thank you everyone for the 'congratulations' and the safe drive advice.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2009 at 10:56.
varunjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:54   #50
BHPian

Congratulations on the New Car. Looking forward to your intial driving experiences. Please, keep us posted.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:59   #51
BHPian

congrats Varun, cruze is definitely the most beautiful looking car below 20lacs and it is looking even better in white. Great choice of color. Waiting for your detailed review especially on the turbo lag and the interiors quality. Also, do update us on the clutch operation. Is it indeed that hard as has been found on the test drive vehicle.
zoom2_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:13   #52
BHPian

Default Pricing Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on your new Cruze Varun. The car looks fantastic in that white shade. What was the final price you nicked her for? Looking forward to your initial ownership report.

Drive safe.
Following are the price details-

Invoice- 12,66,666
Insurance- 31,500 (New India)
Registration + delivery charges- 1,05,183
Octroi- Not applicable for me.
Accessories included- mudflap, floor mat, boot mat.
Discount- NONE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Congratulations on your Cruze! I think this is the first Cruze on Team-BHP. Do post your initial ownership review and keep us updated. Did you (need to) get any accessories? You are going to be very popular here, my friend!
The car is fully loaded- leather cushions, fog lamps, etc. However I have ordered the following accessories and awaiting the same.

1. All weather floor mats. The ones that came with the car are carpet type. The ones that we cant wash. about 1.5k
2. Rear view mirror with indicator- costs around 3 to 4 k.
3. Reading lamp- around 450 rs.
4. rear camera was not included in the dealer's accessories list hence did not think about it.
Thinking of buying the sill plate, but its too expensive for 6.5k

regards

Varun, Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2009 at 11:25.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:24   #53
BHPian

Thumbs up Congratulations on the 1st Cruze on TBHP

Congratulations Varun!!!
The car looks bloody fantastic....
Sorry to be one to spoil your moment of joy a bit but the quote that I got for insurance was 27K.
However the Car is stunning, I am sure that the GM people are retuning the Cruze to reduce the turbo lag and hence I haven't gotten the delivery yet. You might want to re-confirm with your dealer about it.
Can't wait for mine
The White looks great.
What other accessories you planning?
bashani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:24   #54
BHPian

[quote=varunjain;1543045]I ripped my new cruze the entire evening yesterday. Both- City and Highway

Here is my feeling of the car-
The car is really "stable". I touched 160 kmph, and it was 'makkhan'. The pickup, wow its awesome.

Congrats on the new ride varun, just take it easy on the engine for the first 1000 to 2000 km. you need to let the engine run in properly before you start revving its nuts off.
Cheers
howler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
I am planning to take the car today to the workshop, and take pictures from below it. If any of you want any specific pics, please say so, I shall give them.
Interior pics, exterior pics, anything! Just take a camera and go crazy

Wonderful choice of car man! This is easily the car to have in its class from first impressions.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:52   #56
BHPian

Default Petes box, turbo lag, Tyres, starter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Congratulations dude. Looks neat and sweet in WHITE.

For turbo lag, can Pete help if not GM ?
I am not so sure about putting in 35k for a pete's box. Plus the warranty issues. I have read on another post here that GM is going to tweak the tuning. I ll wait for it. But with even this turbo lag I am quite ok. I did think of pete's box, but now I think otherwise.
Maybe I ll put it in after 1 year of use. That will give a new experience to an old car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The most wicked diesel machine this side of 14lac. Congrats. Will power comes responsibility

Can we have more pix. And those tyres are enough to tame her ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats Varun
When i went for TD this sunday i didn't saw the white and told my cousin white will look awesome and voila awesome it is looking indeed!!

The initial turbo lag is annoying a bit.
The one for td and in showroom had JK tyres, did you got the same? Personally i feel tyres need upgradation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Superb! Congrats! Definitely one of the best cars this side of 15 lakhs.

The first thing you should have done however, even before taking pics, is to change those crappy tyres. Get a good set of Continental CPC2.
In-fact i am really happy about the tyres as of now. I had initial reservations about JK, but after driving in different road and braking conditions I am quite happy. If I get any unpleasant experiences I shall post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Congratulations Varun. The car looks fantastic in that white, maybe you can call it, WhiteTiger Does your car come with the push button starter????
Yes, the car comes with a push button starter.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:54   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
The car is really "stable". I touched 160 kmph, and it was 'makkhan'.
That makkhan part I surely understand and I also understand your excitement.

But in which gear did you attain that speed? It's a new engine and you must treat it carefully. Read this.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:58   #58
BHPian

Varun,

Congratulations on a terrific car. White really looks cool and elegant. It is a swanky car. Please let us have regular updates on your driving and service experiences.

I didn't realise the car looked so bold ( in white); I have been seeing a Cruze parked in our basement ( in a dull shade of blue) for some time now. But white is good.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:24   #59
BHPian

My jaw dropped, My eyes popped out & let me come to my senses. She is "MAGNIFICINT". Though I personally never much liked white color but on CRUZE it just looks awesome. CONGRATS BUDDY.
P.S. This is my 1st ever posting on T/BHP.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
And congrats on your first post.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd October 2009 at 13:53.
vijaypalsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:54   #60
BHPian

From all reports this is turning out to be a real drivers car, We need more pics, especially of interiors and rear leg and head room which is an issue many have mentioned.

About the non independent rear suspension this seems to be a growing trend for most new cars, see this thread for more info - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html (Why are car makers abandoning independent rear suspension?)
raul is offline   Reply With Quote