Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2009, 13:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

First Congrats on the new toy!
Couple of small queries.
Hows the legroom in front and rear for a tall person - perhaps 6ft 2 inches or 6 ft 4 inches?
Does the cockpit configured front seat feel good?
Hows the driving position vis a vis the front and rear visibility - in terms of judging the car's proportions? (I ve driven the Optra and though tall, found it a bit irritating to judge the proportions while reversing and of course while going forward).

all the best

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2009 at 13:08.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:50   #62
BHPian

Default response to quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
That makkhan part I surely understand and I also understand your excitement.
But in which gear did you attain that speed? It's a new engine and you must treat it carefully. Read this.
[quote=howler;1543123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
Congrats on the new ride varun, just take it easy on the engine for the first 1000 to 2000 km. you need to let the engine run in properly before you start revving its nuts off.
Cheers
I always had the impression that the modern day cars dont need a run-in. But after going to the links that you have provied- it was an eye opener. I sure will take care hence forth. And many thanks for pointing this out. I love team-bhp! I would never have had known this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
First Congrats on the new toy!
Couple of small queries.
Hows the legroom in front and rear for a tall person - perhaps 6ft 2 inches or 6 ft 4 inches?
Does the cockpit configured front seat feel good?
Hows the driving position vis a vis the front and rear visibility - in terms of judging the car's proportions? (I ve driven the Optra and though tall, found it a bit irritating to judge the proportions while reversing and of course while going forward).
The legroom- lets say its more than octavia, and a little less than optra magnum. But, I shall post pictures soon with 6ft plus people sitting in the car.
Does the cockpit feel good? Oh yes, it feels more than good. Reach of buttons. Clarity of numbers/signals. Only thing I would have had preferred the start/stop button on the right instead of the left. If the person sitting next to you has a fight with you, all he has to do is push the button, and the car is switched off!!
I shall comment on the driving position after I get a little more used to the car. In a new car, one always feels uncomfortable at first. But I ll give my feedback soon.
varunjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:53   #63
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Varun. I am amzed by the stunning looks. I am a fan of the Civic white, but i beleive Cruze just takes the breath away in white. Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:02   #64
BHPian

your cars front seats are really stunning. hope you use it to the fullest, meaning corner really hard. congrats on the buy
53BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:08   #65
BHPian

Hi Varun,

Just saw this thread! Congrats on the great buy.
White looks amazing on the Cruze, maybe you could have light silver tints on it (if it is permitted) and would be be keeping a close watch on this thread for more updates from you on the drive.
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:16   #66
BHPian

Varun, congrats on your Cruze. It looks really stunning. Swap those JK's to Michelins! Be a little nicer to your new toy, 160kmph + hard braking + giving TD to others etc..., is serious abuse IMO. Read the manual for what GM says about run-in and follow it ardently.

Waiting for a ton of pics.
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:03   #67
BHPian

Awesome Car. Congrats Varun. I agree on installing Pete after a year or so.

Cheers!
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
Only thing I would have had preferred the start/stop button on the right instead of the left. If the person sitting next to you has a fight with you, all he has to do is push the button, and the car is switched off!!
Congratulations on the Cruze Varun. Its a beautiful looking car. The point you have mentioned is very correct. You would have to make sure that you dont offend the Mrs during the drive

But on the serious note, any kids in the car would need to be sent to the back seat to make sure their fiddling doesnt turn the car on or off.

Last edited by sammyboy : 22nd October 2009 at 15:08.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:09   #69
BHPian

Post some pix of the side profile as well.
Are you sure you want to pete your car and let go of the 3 year warranty, talk to chevy people, they are retuning the car.
bashani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:13   #70
BHPian

Hi Varun, congrats for stunning car, as you stay around one of the beautiful national highway, I vouch you will enjoy every moment of driving her.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:21   #71
BHPian

Congrats Varun, You ve got the Stunning drive.
Can You post pics of the key fob and close-up of the door handles from outside.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:36   #72

Congrats Varun, a great looking car.
Would be good if you can post a video of the interiors including the button start on the youtube format.
Bala.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:47   #73
BHPian

Get a spoiler as well!!
It will make car look extremely sporty and WOW!
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:59   #74
BHPian

I have scanned the 'operations guide'. Information on PEPS, and other settings are explained. please download it from here
varunjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:03   #75
BHPian

congrats Varunjain on your new car, it looks awesome in white.
vivekanand005 is offline   Reply With Quote