Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th October 2009, 23:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Stronghold, congrats on your new car. I am thinking of getting a Fiesta as well. Did you test drive both the Sxi and the S? If so, what made you choose the Sxi?

Can you also let me know your insurance amount? Chennai Ford is quoting 28K. I am fairly certain it is cheaper outside.

This is the breakup I have from the dealer.

Ex Price: 708,000
Insurance: 28,692
Regn & Life Tax: 64,590
Extended Warranty: 5530
Essential Pack & Waxoyl: 5120
On Road: 811,392

He says he can give a corp discount of 40K.

Now the question is how did you get an on road price of 7.53. Can you provide me with a breakup please?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 01:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Stronghold, congrats on your new car. I am thinking of getting a Fiesta as well. Did you test drive both the Sxi and the S? If so, what made you choose the Sxi?

Can you also let me know your insurance amount? Chennai Ford is quoting 28K. I am fairly certain it is cheaper outside.

Now the question is how did you get an on road price of 7.53. Can you provide me with a breakup please?
stronghold - excuse me for pitching in.

Gilead, let me point you to my thread on Insurance drama with Ford dealers when we were out trying to get the best bargain for Fiesta - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-outside.html (Dealer not giving option to take Insurance outside)

I hope it helps you.

Last edited by rajivn : 25th October 2009 at 01:05.
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 09:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv, thanks. I have replied on your thread. It was quite an eye opener.
Old 25th October 2009, 10:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Whoever is negotiating Fiesta (may be all ford cars) with your dealer, make it a point that the Insurance is a free offer from Ford (Ford has got a tie up with Bajaj Alliance).
This is what my dealer told me and I didnt pay any money towards Insurance.
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 10:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
stronghold - excuse me for pitching in.

Gilead, let me point you to my thread on Insurance drama with Ford dealers when we were out trying to get the best bargain for Fiesta - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-outside.html (Dealer not giving option to take Insurance outside)

I hope it helps you.
+
Registration and life tax seem too high

Suggest check with RTO,what is the Road tax in your state (In kerala it is 6% of show room value of the car). Registration charges will be under Rs.500/-
Please do not waste your hard earned money, just because the dealer is quoting any rate on his own.
Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 10:25   #21
oss
BHPian

Welcome to the Fiesta Club mate. I too loved the Diamond white, but wife felt it might look taxi-ish.

Enjoy your new ride.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 10:25   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Registration and life tax seem too high
You call this high !! What would you say if bangaloreans pay around 40K more for the same for the same car/same trim :-) The tax here is 12%. As for chennai its 8% add to it a tax of 10% + registration charges; 64K sounds right to me. But yes, it would be wise to double check it, no harm there.

@Gilead, Congratulation, Please post pictures of your new car.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 25th October 2009 at 10:29.
srikanths1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 11:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Gilead, here's what I got.

Regn & Life Tax: 71,220
Essential Pack & 3M (believe its Waxoyl): 5250
On Road: 813,162

After the corp discount the On Road came to 7.53 lacs

I thought it was a okay deal, Guys please let me know if any of you guys got a better deal in chennai or else where for the new SXI Premium.

I also enquired with chennai ford, but got a similar deal only.
stronghold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 11:59   #24
BHPian

Gilead, btw how many years of warranty in total is your including the extended warranty.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
You call this high !! What would you say if bangaloreans pay around 40K more for the same for the same car/same trim :-) The tax here is 12%. As for chennai its 8% add to it a tax of 10% + registration charges; 64K sounds right to me. But yes, it would be wise to double check it, no harm there.

++
It seems cheapest is in kerala - 6%
12% in bangalore- What a big money by way of tax

Already 12.5% VAT and 1% Security cess(paid by the dealer to the government?) - leave these taxes, the car price is much low?)
Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 14:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
I have not made the booking yet but I am very close to it.

I drove both the S and the SXi extensively today. At the end of it all, there was only one clear winner. It's the S! The ride was not as harsh as I had feared. It coped up fairly well in even some broken roads that I drove on. She is a monster on clear roads. The drive can only be described as exhilirating. The steering feel and the brakes are just too good. I drove the Linea and Verna petrols and they come nowhere close on the FTD factor (no offence meant to respective owners).

The ride on the SXi is only slightly softer and she also has great road manners. The interiors are a bit better than the S as well. But I have a small kid and I can foresee some tough maintenance issues with beige. The chrome ORVM is an eyesore. I wish the S had a rear armrest. My wife liked that.

But the S has street presence and personality that's lacking in the SXi. The S stands out in a crowd. So thre S it is.

If things work out on the Finance side as expected, I am going to book an Aquarius Blue S sometime this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
Gilead, here's what I got.

Regn & Life Tax: 71,220
Essential Pack & 3M (believe its Waxoyl): 5250
On Road: 813,162

After the corp discount the On Road came to 7.53 lacs

I thought it was a okay deal, Guys please let me know if any of you guys got a better deal in chennai or else where for the new SXI Premium.

I also enquired with chennai ford, but got a similar deal only.
Stronghold, I think you have paid about 8K higher for the Lifetax/Regn. I am being asked for just 64K. The sales guy even agreed that they have a margin on this but there is no way he can reduce that. He has agreed to let me take any insurance from outside. I am getting the essential pack and Waxoyl for free. Plus some pillows and cushions. After taking into account the corp discount applicable to me, I expect it to cost 7.55 on road.

Last edited by Gilead : 25th October 2009 at 14:03.
Old 25th October 2009, 14:24   #27
BHPian

Congrats! Stronghold, I am from chennai too and have booked for a S aqua from MPL. I am still trying to get the best deal, got a corp. discount of 65k and told the dealer will takecare of the insurance (got a quote of 16.5k from BA).
Regarding the registration and life tax, the real cost will be astonishingly low as the life tax = 8% of the invoiced amount but they have quoted me the same 71k dont know what to do...as I got more corp discount I am endup with just a single freebie worth 3k "sunfilm". Did you any chance did a PDI? if so the which portion of the VIN number will indicate the month of manufacture? I dont know what is the latest configuration in ford.
Please do post some pictures thanks!
TheHummerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 15:05   #28
BHPian

Refer to this link for VIN decoder. Courtesy Frank!

Mad Moles VIN Decoder
JackTheCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 15:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I have not made the booking yet but I am very close to it.

Stronghold, I think you have paid about 8K higher for the Lifetax/Regn. I am being asked for just 64K. The sales guy even agreed that they have a margin on this but there is no way he can reduce that. He has agreed to let me take any insurance from outside. I am getting the essential pack and Waxoyl for free. Plus some pillows and cushions. After taking into account the corp discount applicable to me, I expect it to cost 7.55 on road.
There is correction, the Regn, Life Tax and EW cost 71k and not just Regn and Life Tax. Looks like we end up paying almost the similar price. Not sure if I should bargain anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Congrats! Stronghold, I am from chennai too and have booked for a S aqua from MPL. I am still trying to get the best deal, got a corp. discount of 65k and told the dealer will takecare of the insurance (got a quote of 16.5k from BA).
Regarding the registration and life tax, the real cost will be astonishingly low as the life tax = 8% of the invoiced amount but they have quoted me the same 71k dont know what to do...as I got more corp discount I am endup with just a single freebie worth 3k "sunfilm". Did you any chance did a PDI? if so the which portion of the VIN number will indicate the month of manufacture? I dont know what is the latest configuration in ford.
Please do post some pictures thanks!
I have not done the PDI yet. The sales guy said he will tell me once the car as arrived and I can do the PDI before registration. May be end of this month. btw whats the OTR Price quoted for you and which model your looking at.

@JackTheCrack - Thanks for the VIN decoder link.
Old 25th October 2009, 16:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hummer Guy, what is the OTR that MPL Ford has offered? Mine is coming to 7.55 after taking Bajaj's 18K quote into consideration. I am also looking at the Aqua S.