Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th August 2010, 10:26   #151
BHPian

Light not given for the simple fact the manufacturers don't what you or other unauthorized mechanics to fiddle with the engine .
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 10:47   #152
BANNED

i think you all are refering to a Fiat Padmini, which used to have a bulb in the hood, for checking during the breaks, but in my opinion it is due to the fact because the fiat breaks a LOT,,,
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 20:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Light not given for the simple fact the manufacturers don't what you or other unauthorized mechanics to fiddle with the engine .

Yes - maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i think you all are refering to a Fiat Padmini, which used to have a bulb in the hood, for checking during the breaks, but in my opinion it is due to the fact because the fiat breaks a LOT,,,

Yes the fiat padmini used to have a bulb

I was actually looking for a knife with a small LED light in a shop, which I planned to keep in the car. But somehow thought of buying it from some other place because of the cost.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 09:22   #154
BANNED

[quote=Rastapopoulos;2033036]
Yes the fiat padmini used to have a bulb
quote]

Yup, i remember my childhood days, when we have a padmini, and very often we have to open the engine to check it down and ask the mechanic to rapair it, So often, that the bulb inside the engine compartment fuses more than the home bulbs, (it was a terrible experience)
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:32   #155
BHPian

Back to the Service Issue.

I had one complaint about a soft creak coming from the AC vent to the left of the steering wheel. Now this was not a loud noise which is audible in traffics of some nice music or on all the road surfaces. It was an adhoc creak which generally came on my run to office. (Cement and Tar road patches with a few mud pathches. yes I work in a Jungle)

The service advisors were patient and understood the issue. The decided to open the whole dashboard and change some fixtures (All done free of cost as the warrenty covered it)

The noise is completly gone from the left AC vent to the steering BUT
Day 1 to work and a small clicking sound starts coming from some far left end. Maybe the fibre panel on the passenger door, or the AC vent or the glovebox or ....
The noise is something like small mouse clicks which come in a quite room. Distinct but low and random. (Totally dependent on the speed and the road surface)

I got a feedback call from the service center and I told them about the issue and I was asked to SEND the car when possible.
SEND - ohh come on I am a poor guy who drives his own car. So have to drive the car from one end (Aundh road) to the other end of the city (Satara Road) on Saturday morning to get this settled.

I went there driving without music and tried to analyze when was the clicky rhythem conspicious. Ahhhh tough one. Trust me guys recreating the issue at the service center is a tough job. The advisor was patient and we did 2 - 3 test drives so he could hear something. I guess a few random clicks and finally he started working on putting some tape to the glove box and the AC vent under the dash.
We did another test drive and we could nto hear anything. I drove happily in a quite car. No music - just a whirr or the seat belt holder vibrating against the metal clip on the back seat.
It is a pleasure to drive a quite car.

Day 2- Clicck (Am I imagining). NO.... Its back. and now I have become so concious of it that I can hear it even with the music on.
Was wondering what to do and just got a call from the Service center and I told them the same feedback again.

I am invited for the marathon across city again and ofcourse wondering how to recreate the issue when at the service center ............

Last edited by Rastapopoulos : 23rd August 2010 at 16:33.
Old 19th September 2010, 17:18   #156
BHPian

Default Happy Bday Fiesta

The Beast turned 1 today and I was hoping it gives me some treat (But I guess its been treating me for the last year with some amazing moments as I went driving places)

Ghodlur you had asked for some pics and I thought what could be a better occasion than today.

Today's pics are not about how sexy it looks as it shines after a shower, or how classy the interiors are . . .

Today I thought of showing how the beast is after battling the roads and the clumsy drivers/bikes/cyclists on the streets (No I did not bang on any yet just brushed a few)

Let me start of with the beast sitting ready to pounce. Not bit tired after the quick 20K in a year. Heard it growl ?

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-side-angle.jpg

Let me walk around it and see it from another angle.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-full-view.jpg

A sideview

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-sideview.jpg

Now for some bruises it got -

The knuckles got the bruise as it punched some crazy driver who came too close.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-door-handle.jpg

A few more bruises on the back - Clueless on which vehicle is capable of such marks- I guess a jealous cat clawed me as I was passing by.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-injured-knee-2.jpg

Luckily its the bumper and not the metal that is scratched.
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-injured-knee.jpg

The muscular legs - ready to pounce the moment I step the Accelerator

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-alloys.jpg

The shoes still have their grip even after the run on different terrain- highways - the mud roads in the remote villages- curves of the ghats and also the fast run on the expressway.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-tyre-condition.jpg
Watch another Fiesta in the reflection of my car as i click more of the shoes
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-tyre-snap-fiesta-reflection.jpg

Another bruise below the eye

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-sore-eye.jpg

The eyes are still alert though ready to look for new roads to conquer.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-alert-eyes.jpg

Some marks by tar on the hood - I guess this will come off with some petrol.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-tar-hood.jpg

I saw a few rusting marks near the bolting of the spoiler under the boot. I need to find some remedy for it before the whole boot starts rusting.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-rusting-near-bolts1.jpg

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-rusting-near-bolts2.jpg

And finally the summary of the year gone by and they FE figures still look neat.

Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-speedo.jpg

It has been a memorable year - Not just trips on highways or rural Maharashtra, but everyday ride to work has also been a pleasure.

Happy Birthday dear car and the journey seems to have just started ! !

Last edited by Rastapopoulos : 19th September 2010 at 17:22.
Old 19th September 2010, 18:09   #157
SMK
BHPian

Hey Rastapopoulos, congratulations on the beasta, i may be late in doing this, but i am the latest one of the Beasta fans
The car looks like brand new still and the alloys are stunning!
Happy Driving!
SMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 18:13   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Hey Rastapopoulos, congratulations on the beasta, i may be late in doing this, but i am the latest one of the Beasta fans
The car looks like brand new still and the alloys are stunning!
Happy Driving!
Thanks SMK and welcome to the gang, its never too late Enjoy the car - happy motoring !
Old 19th September 2010, 20:44   #159
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @ Rasta**. Your beast sure looks good on its first b'day. 20 K in one year is indeed an achievement---I've completed 24 k in 3. 5 years!!!

By the way, it looks like you took that picture of the DTE after a highway drive---getting that reading in city-driving is rare--am I right?

I like those alloys---that is the 3rd model of alloys by Ford and they've made them look real good. The ones I have are the middle variant---the nuts are recessed into deeper holes and those holes sure get dirty in my car, and are quite difficult to clean.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 08:04   #160
Senior - BHPian

Smile

@rastapopulous,

Congratulations on your Fiesta turning one year old. Thanks for the pics, the beast looks so demure when clicking the pics but once its on the road, it regains its beastly avatar.

I would suggest dont bother about the small bruises, they are bound to be there considering the city drive. I have seen the streets of Pune and the way people drive but I guess so many trips till date that now I get used to driving esp the Sadshiv Peth, Swargate, Koregaon & Aundh areas to name a few.

Mine has completed 11K and still two months to go for the first b'day but I dont think I can match your odo in that time. I am planning to do a complete car detailing, have your done that? Any ideas on the same.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:36   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats @ Rasta**. Your beast sure looks good on its first b'day. 20 K in one year is indeed an achievement---I've completed 24 k in 3. 5 years!!!

By the way, it looks like you took that picture of the DTE after a highway drive---getting that reading in city-driving is rare--am I right?

I like those alloys---that is the 3rd model of alloys by Ford and they've made them look real good. The ones I have are the middle variant---the nuts are recessed into deeper holes and those holes sure get dirty in my car, and are quite difficult to clean.
Thanks Vnabhi, even I wonder @ times how come I have driven 20K in a year. My wife was reminding me yesterday that its been a while since we went for a long trip in the car !
The DTE is not after a highway drive. My daily route to work consists of 20 Kms of something like a highway (old Mumbai Pune Highway passing through Pimpri chinchwad) the other 20 is normal city drive which is traffic at medium pace mostly. (a few days it is slowmoving back to back)

The above 40 kms is to and for and this might have contributed to the 20 K in a year by a large proportion (ummm I need to calculate this)

@ alloys and cleanign them- I too find the kid who cleans my car daily just gives a quick wipe with his wet cloth which miss certain areas like below the handles, near the side mouldings , alloy wheels.
I will need to tell him to do the detailing atleast once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@rastapopulous,

Congratulations on your Fiesta turning one year old. Thanks for the pics, the beast looks so demure when clicking the pics but once its on the road, it regains its beastly avatar.

I would suggest dont bother about the small bruises, they are bound to be there considering the city drive. I have seen the streets of Pune and the way people drive but I guess so many trips till date that now I get used to driving esp the Sadshiv Peth, Swargate, Koregaon & Aundh areas to name a few.

Mine has completed 11K and still two months to go for the first b'day but I dont think I can match your odo in that time. I am planning to do a complete car detailing, have your done that? Any ideas on the same.
ghodlur- traffic in pune is chaos and on deeper thought I think this is not just ignorant drivers who are insane. The whole jumping signals, trying to find way in every pocket, trying to kiss the vehicle ahead of you etc has evoloved as a way of driving due to the poor infrastructure.

The commuters are so frustrated driving the crammed roads that any small opportunity is awaiting to trigger a brawl. People have lost patience and the whole crazy driving has become a way of driving for a lot of us.
No way am I justifying the craziness but then we also need to look at the root cause for the mess the city is in.

You are lucky to drive in mumbai (traffic is high but there is some sense in the drivers) people have realized what a traffic jam means and the driving has evolved to be more sensible (except the taxis and the pune cars visiting the city )

2 more months and I am sure we will get a detailed update on your beast
Old 20th September 2010, 11:47   #162
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
ghodlur- traffic in pune is chaos and on deeper thought I think this is not just ignorant drivers who are insane. The whole jumping signals, trying to find way in every pocket, trying to kiss the vehicle ahead of you etc has evoloved as a way of driving due to the poor infrastructure.
You are lucky to drive in mumbai (traffic is high but there is some sense in the drivers) people have realized what a traffic jam means and the driving has evolved to be more sensible (except the taxis and the pune cars visiting the city )
2 more months and I am sure we will get a detailed update on your beast
You bet, I will be ready with my update after two months. Have been jotting down the pains and pleasures on owning a beast.

What gave you the feeling that drivers in Mumbai have sense, you are mistaken big time buddy. Yes, I can vouch that drivers do keep a sense of lane driving but in city. Once they get out of Thane/Mumbai & on to expressways(Eastern/Western), they show their true colours. Atleast the drivers here understand the dipper and horn language which I raraley see in Pune drivers. They go on merrily as if there's no one behind them.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 12:34   #163
BHPian

@rastapopulous,Your beast sure has been conquering the "rasta" no end! Congrats on the first anniversary. Apart from the insurance, any other treats to the beast?
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 12:42   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
@rastapopulous,Your beast sure has been conquering the "rasta" no end! Congrats on the first anniversary. Apart from the insurance, any other treats to the beast?
I am thinking of a rubbing and polishing session- I am discussing this with a friend.
Old 20th September 2010, 13:03   #165
BHPian

Congratulations Rastapopoulos on your Fiesta turning 1.

I still remember the post where you introduced yourself as well as gave the initial feedback about your newly bought car. Actually, at that time, I was desperate to get hold any Fiesta reviews in Team-BHP. Apart from the nairrk's 'All Fiesta owners..' thread, you thread also gave a good insight at that time.

Clocking almost 1600+ KMS/month on an average, have any thought anyday that you could have bought Fiesta Diesel?
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote