Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2009, 17:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABZ View Post
@ Rastapopoulos - very nice pictures indeed. Am amazed to see the DTE reading close to 570. It also has 70kms done on this trip. Definitely a WOW for the FE you're getting especially if you've reset the trip meter after refueling.
Yes I do trip it on each refuel. The Good FE meakes me feel I am driving it like a sissy . Should I increase the pressure on the gas pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Excellent pictures, but please please go for beige colour floor mates, black mates are killing this beauty.
Well its definetly a good suggestion but I am not sure how realistic it would be. Coz
1. I need to buy new onesand the black ones would be of no use
2. Wont it be difficult to maintaing beige floor mats. I dont roam around in spotless clean footwear and walk only on marbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey rastapopoulos,

while looking at your car pics, i felt as though am looking at my car. We got the same version, same color, even most accessories look same (spoiler with light, sporty pedal, scuff plates, etc.) - WOW
One observation - Both of us need a good keychain. We are still stuck with the one which came with the car.

Quote:
got some queries:
- even i got a spoler with light. Are you saying that this one is not genuine ford accesory. My dealer told me that its a genuine one.
Like Gilead said - original does not come with any lights.
The one I have is provided by the dealer was colored in his painting shop. Is almost 1/2 the price of the original + lights

Quote:
- even i got a reverse parking sensor last weekend. its an autocop with mirror display and 1 yr warranty. cost me Rs. 3.5K. How much did you pay?
I was charged 4.5 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Sorry to butt in. Both the genuine Ford spoilers do not have lights.
I thought there is only 1 genuine Ford spoiler and it does not have light.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I thought there is only 1 genuine Ford spoiler and it does not have light.
There are two. One normal spoiler for 8K. Another sports spoiler for 12K. The sports spoiler can be seen on the S. It goes downwards at the edges. The other one is flatter at the edges.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd November 2009 at 18:12.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:22   #63
BHPian

"FE has been around 15 on highways with 100% AC on and around 13-14 in city with 100 % AC on. " is awesome for a Petrol Fiesta

I regularly get around 9-10 in City Bangalore and 12-13 Highways.

Any tuning required. My Fiesta ZXI Petrol is 3 months old ( 3800 kms driven so far )?
speedkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 10:08   #64
Senior - BHPian

You are getting 13-14 in city ? that is good FE.
I dont think any tuning is required at this point
If you find any difference in FE, then you can notify same during first service which will be due now (unless you already did it?)?.

We have prepared a list of Fiesta owners (amongst TBHP members) and your name is not there. (may be you just got your membership). See my thread and you can add your name also - just to see how many are owning fiesta's !
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 10:27   #65
BHPian

Hi speedkrish the FE you get in Bangalore city is fine,I get around 9-10kmpl in Mumbai city with 100% AC and the traffic situation in both cities is almost similar .Highways I get around 13-14kmpl with 100% AC.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 16:29   #66
BANNED

please suggest a good parking sensor available in the market, does the ford provide the same as an accessory?
how about the kenwood visual and navigation system DDX5032. got to see one in Cedia, it was just superb planning to go for the same in my proposed fiesta.
it had the satnav, LCD along with parking sensor.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 16:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

I got the PARK MASTER (fitted by Ford Dealer) with LED indicator.
Its working fine and am happy with it (costs Rs.2500/-). It is mounted on the dashboard.
Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 16:43   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
please suggest a good parking sensor available in the market, does the ford provide the same as an accessory?
how about the kenwood visual and navigation system DDX5032. got to see one in Cedia, it was just superb planning to go for the same in my proposed fiesta.
No, ford does not have a genuine ford-branded parking sensor for an accessory. I think Metro Ford in Bangalore installs Autocops parking sensors, similar to what Shaju has installed in his car.

I use Redsoul parking sensors and they work like charm, there are quite a few other brands as well, like Xenos etc.

EDIT: The DDX5032 looks awesome but does it also serve as a display to the reverse parking sensors? Cannot find any such info on it's feature list. But if it does, it's a great system to have!! get it from a reputed accessory place and have them do the installation for you, they should also be able to source the sensors!!

Last edited by raamki : 4th November 2009 at 16:48.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 16:46   #69
BANNED

Dear nairrk,

can i see some pictures of the fitment
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 12:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I had a look at the feature of DDX5032 it has got interface for rear camera and satnav (RGB 26pin), but from reature list it seems that separate purchase of rear camera and satnav will be required.

Kenwood does have a satnav which can integrate with this unit, but I am not sure if the leading map providers in india (MapMyIndia & Satguide) will provide map for it or not.

But purchasing it will be a good investment as if not today then might be in next 4-6-12 months maps will be available for it. Or start a DIY kind of project for it
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 13:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear nairrk,

can i see some pictures of the fitment
+
okay will post you pictures soon
thanks

sorry to realise - my car has gone to the dealer for dressing up
(alloys,seatcover,body side moulding,door scuff etc).
I will get the car back only tomorrow - I will then post you the picture, unless someone post similar picture .

Last edited by nairrk : 5th November 2009 at 13:17. Reason: error in message
Old 5th November 2009, 13:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

@ruchirtnt

Contrary to my last post, I just checked my previous photographs where I found two photographs which has got the parking sensor picture (but on idle position - the reverse sensor light will glow only on the reverse gear).

The LED is fitted on the dash board right side (you can see it through the wheel gap)

Also the sensor fitted on the bumber is on body colour (in the photograph some lighting has come, may be from the camera flash)
+
Attached Images

Old 5th November 2009, 23:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
my car has gone to the dealer for dressing up
(alloys,seatcover,body side moulding,door scuff etc).
I will get the car back only tomorrow - I will then post you the picture, unless someone post similar picture .
wow, thats a nice list of upgrades to have!! eagerly awaiting pics of your black beauty all dressed up!!

@ ruchir, Shaju has Parkmaster by Autocops for reverse parking in his car as well, infact he had it replaced twice for a faulty head unit. Check out his thread for more info, you can find quite a few pics and details on the installation, not sure which page though. keep browsing through the pages, you wont miss it.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 08:00   #74
BHPian

great pics mate. Good to see a Tintin lover in the forum. Enjoy the vehicle.
gksunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 09:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
wow, thats a nice list of upgrades to have!! eagerly awaiting pics of your black beauty all dressed up!!

@ ruchir, Shaju has Parkmaster by Autocops for reverse parking in his car as well, infact he had it replaced twice for a faulty head unit. Check out his thread for more info, you can find quite a few pics and details on the installation, not sure which page though. keep browsing through the pages, you wont miss it.
+
Thanks
I will collect the car around noon and will post some pictures today itself.

Further I am preparing a new Thread for Fiesta owners only - answer to
certain questions raised by many, through this forum. I am giving some basic things/write up and I hope experience members like you, kumar7, shajufx can contribute about upgradation on ICE, Tyres,seatcover etc