Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th December 2009, 12:58   #121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Buy following FORD(original) accessories:

1.Mud flap
2.Floor and boot mat
4.Sporty pedal
5.Scuff plates

Body cover and sun film you can do from outside shops ?
Great, i also planned the same from Ford.
Just need to check where i will get the original and good Sun Film.

and being a tall guy i think i can do away with the parking sensor.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 14:20   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Great, i also planned the same from Ford.
Just need to check where i will get the original and good Sun Film.

and being a tall guy i think i can do away with the parking sensor.
Congrats on the purchase. Do write about your ownership experience.

While deciding about the parking sensors, also keep in mind about who all is going to drive the vehicle apart from you yourself.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 18:36   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Do write about your ownership experience.

While deciding about the parking sensors, also keep in mind about who all is going to drive the vehicle apart from you yourself.
Its 90% me, so not an issue, ill drop the idea of parking sensors for now, will look in future, if required ill get it installed.
One reason behind this is that i dont want to dig a hole in the bumper of my new car.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:07   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its 90% me, so not an issue, ill drop the idea of parking sensors for now, will look in future, if required ill get it installed.
One reason behind this is that i dont want to dig a hole in the bumper of my new car.
+
You will not find any holes instead you will see 4 bottons fixed on the bumber. High end variant cars are now coming with this feature (factory fitted one) and I feel in future it is going to be a part of the standard feature in all cars?
Anyway,as you said, you can think about at later stage.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 15:52   #125
BANNED

Quote:
+
You will not find any holes instead you will see 4 bottons fixed on the bumber. High end variant cars are now coming with this feature (factory fitted one) and I feel in future it is going to be a part of the standard feature in all cars?
Anyway,as you said, you can think about at later stage.
I am planning to go for a Kenwood or Sony Touch Screen ICE in future, at that time i will plan to go for parking sensors (thought of going for a rear camera function)
Old 10th December 2009, 17:10   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to go for a Kenwood or Sony Touch Screen ICE in future, at that time i will plan to go for parking sensors (thought of going for a rear camera function)
+
That my be more ideal and wiseful thinking.
All system under one gadget (and as your wish no holes on your car bumber -lol)
Old 16th December 2009, 15:22   #127
BHPian

Got a Call from Planet ford about a "New Fiesta Owners Meet" on this Sunday 20th Dec. Sadly I wont be able to make it. I am sure there might be fellow Bhpians in it.
Missed a good opportunity

I asked them if they planned one again but I guess I would be an old fiesta owner by then.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 15:41   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Got a Call from Planet ford about a "New Fiesta Owners Meet" on this Sunday 20th Dec. Sadly I wont be able to make it. I am sure there might be fellow Bhpians in it.
Missed a good opportunity

I asked them if they planned one again but I guess I would be an old fiesta owner by then.
+
oh thats nice - you are missing a good occassion?
Hope all dealers will follow this kind of meet
Old 16th December 2009, 16:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a good initiative. Can someone from Bangalore (Shaju?) confirm if they have had similar events in the past?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 11:43   #130
BHPian

Default The first Scratch

A usual morning - walked out of the lift put the wipers back on the windshield which the car cleaning guy had left raised as if a proof to show he has been working. Hopped in the car and revved it up to life. Started the AC opened all the windows, put my seatbelt, wore my goggles- while the engine warmed up. I was all set to take out the beast out of its den. I put the car in reverse and turned the steering to the right which I have to do so that my car can come out of the parking and drive off.
Recently I have been acting a bit too overconfident in the crammed car park as the ORVM passed inches from the pillars. Today was different. As I turned the steering and raised the accelerator I heard a big Ripping sound- I had brushed passed a pillar on the front left hand side. A passer by looked at me weirdly. I halted not knowing to move back or forward. Analysis showed what had to happen had happened and reversing it further was not going to hurt as I had crossed the pillar. Nor was going back to initial position heal the wound on my heart.
I brought the car out of the parking and got off. Saw there were multiple scratches as if a tiger had clawed the front left side of my car just below its eyes. What a way to get the first scratch.
Form the initial days of fiesta ownership I knew that a scratch on a new car is inevitable. It’s just when where and how. But after searching for the first scratch right from Mumbai, pune, sangli, kolhapur, konkan and lots of other interior places and crowded cities with 8222 Kms. I find it in my own parking. And worst of all I have no one to curse at? No rickshawala or Indica call center cab wala. This is really heartbreaking.
Further investigation showed the scratch is on the bumper so no metal part is clawed. A little of the left headlight's lower end seems scratched though.

I will put some pictures of the inury soon. Incidently while having my coffee in the morning I turned on the television and some channel was showing the tele shopping feauture. I was about to change the channel when I saw it was a fix it gel pen to cure scratches on cars. I guess need to more about it now.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos : 8th January 2010 at 11:52.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:23   #131
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear and I know how tense you will be whenever seeing the scratch on your car. If the scratch is not that deep, it may be able to clean by rubbing/waxing?.
Or may be your dealer workshop may have some solution for it?
Check with them !
Old 8th January 2010, 19:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear and I know how tense you will be whenever seeing the scratch on your car. If the scratch is not that deep, it may be able to clean by rubbing/waxing?.
Or may be your dealer workshop may have some solution for it?
Check with them !

Nairsaab thank you for the condolences :(
I came home and tried to do a detail investigation of the injuries. I think rubbing and waxing like you said would camouflage the scratches largely. I will work with a friend on them very soon.
Hope the before and after photographs show an impressive output.
Old 31st January 2010, 20:20   #133
BHPian

Hey, Congrats on the new car! I am following the thread and eagerly awaiting install of the touch screen. Any idea on what the price of the DDX 5032 is?
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 21:56   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Hey, Congrats on the new car! I am following the thread and eagerly awaiting install of the touch screen. Any idea on what the price of the DDX 5032 is?
it is priced at around 32000 and you can see the same in blood and flesh in Mitsubishi CEDIA, it looks AWESOME man.

even i have planned for the same when my stock HU will need replacement.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:49   #135
BANNED

Could fiestians suggest anything new and good gadget to include in fiesta