Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th October 2009, 17:53   #31
Team-BHP Support

Starship Trooper Congratulations, it looks fantastic in white.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 18:09   #32

Congrats Bashani, on your lovely new Cruze. Have a pleasant and save ownership experiance.
vivekanand005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 18:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bashani. Good choice. The car looks good, but would be nicer to see few high resolution photographs.

The "Key Less"/"Hello" stuff is hi-tech, but could give anxious moments to the owner as the car will be prone to theft if the keys are within 2-3 metres.

Wish you a very safe enjoyable ownership of the Cruze. Looking forward to you updates regarding the beauty
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 20:33   #34

Congrats Bashani!! The colour choice is superb!! Do you now have complete breakup of the on-road price? Any freebies?

Enjoy your cruizing and do drive safe!!
gaganharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 23:23   #35

Originally Posted by Pradeep2612 View Post
Went for a TD yesterday again and spoke to the Person who informed me that the car can be driven without the Key until Fuel runs out or the car is stopped. You need the Key to start the car again.
Pradeep/Bashani, could you please check one more thing. Lock yourself inside the car using the key-with-remote and see if the car starts. In all probability it shouldn't. If it does, I think GM should really do something. IMO, the communication between the car and the key starts only when the car is unlocked with the correct remote. So, if you have locked the car and the key in the vicinity/range, its still safe (engine is kind of immobilized).
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:04   #36

I do remember from my TD experience that if you get out of the car and touch the 'locking pad' on the driver's side door handle (the small tab like thing), all the other doors,etc are locked even if the key is near the car. If you have the key with you, you can again pull the driver side door handle to unlock the car again.
If I remember correctly, I tried it and the passenger doors and boot did become secure this way.

You have to remember to do it though.
Owners please try it and enlighten us.. Thanks..
kanhaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 22:36   #37

Awesome car and congrats on the buy.

It's interesting to see the discussions on the keyless/buttonless entry system. I do hope Chevy has done enough testing on the car to ensure that it doesn't fall pray to car thieves. It's very easy to imagine situations where people can do mischief with the car. Imagine parking it with laptops inside and/or some costly shopping. You get out of the car and walk away thinking it would lock as soon as you are out of range. Suddenly some guy, pops up next to the car, opens the doors and makes away with all the goodies in the back seat. The proximity sensor should be limited to a few inches, or a couple of feet at the max, from the driver side door and not more than that. I should have the key on my person and not in my suitcase in the boot.

More 'key' experiences would be very interesting to hear.
herculesksp is offline   Reply With Quote