Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th September 2005, 22:27   #16
BHPian

Default old wine with new name

santro erlx is only a engine modified vehicle of the xing model, all other features being same to meet the euro 3 norms and costing a bit, thats why they put a new name for marketing and brag about features that really dont make any significant difference in city driving conditions such as tourqe or slight increase of 7 bhp. and i have seen guys posting messages as all 4 power windows etc, 4 ps costs u only 11000 rs and it is not 3 - 3.5 lakhs, its actually 480000 rs on road, but for the same price wagon r is better optioned with abs as well as airbags which are the most critical of all features in case of an accident and not 4 power windows. also the rear suspension is very bad and lacks interior pockets .

IN THE FUTURE, PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO FORMAT YOUR WRITING SO THAT ITS MORE READABLE. THANK YOU
-MOD TEAM

Last edited by Mpower : 27th June 2006 at 03:03.
raja_ys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 16:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys
or slight increase of 7 bhp.

Does that mean the Elrlx Xing is 70 bhp??
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 16:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Does that mean the Elrlx Xing is 70 bhp??
Output is still 63 bhp. There is allegedly some difference to the torque figures but those shouldnt matter. The point is that new Santro (elrx or erlx or something like that) IS more driveable in town and users claim 18 kmpl regularly. I dont know if that with a/c on or not.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 16:11   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

just got my santro's RC book. they say my car is 67bhp. think i better get a freeflow fitted to make my car 67 frm 63.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 19:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
just got my santro's RC book. they say my car is 67bhp. think i better get a freeflow fitted to make my car 67 frm 63.
My mistake ...
Old 15th October 2005, 23:38   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

no steeroid, i 2 think its 63... coz santroxing.com says its 63!
Old 16th October 2005, 04:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no steeroid, i 2 think its 63... coz santroxing.com says its 63!
If they say 67 on the owners manual and you get only 63 in real life, you can sue them for deficiency in service.
Old 11th December 2005, 09:32   #23
BHPian

I drove an eRLX for a bit yesterday and based on driving the older xing earlier I couldnt tell much of a difference. The test drive vehicle seemed to have been really abused and driven through a lot of water as the suspension was creaking and groaning badly. So couldnt tell much about the new engine due to the other noises.
Power seemed to be pretty decent in traffic and to start off from lights but a tad underpowered by the time 3rd gear was reached.Not much of grunt there. But call me biased as I drive an Ikon 1.6 most of the time.
Also going by the latest specs the highest trim Santro now available called the XO seems to be created from the the new engine and with a lot of input from the bean counters at Hyundai as they have cut items previously available on the older high end XS version such as the rear spoiler, the fog lamps and the full wheel covers. All these now need to be added as options.
sjcherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 16:24   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

well XO is the top end now. XS was much better as it had full wheel cover (unlike XO), rear spoiler (unlike XO) etc.

And thers the Anniv edition Santro? Pix anyone?

The 3rd gear is teh best I like in my Santro. ANd ist just 1.1litre not a 1.6 and maybe hence you felt it less spirited. I am very happy with it though
Old 11th December 2005, 20:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
IS more driveable in town and users claim 18 kmpl regularly.
Wow, that M800 territory!!! I know they increased the Compression...but dunno how much.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 09:56   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Increasing in compression means to use higher octane petrol (91 oct or 91plus ). Hope they convey this message to all customers!
Old 12th December 2005, 10:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
well XO is the top end now. XS was much better as it had full wheel cover (unlike XO), rear spoiler (unlike XO) etc.

And thers the Anniv edition Santro? Pix anyone?

They seem to have merged the earlier XG & XS versions into an XO version - which is indeed surprising as it is costlier than the earlier XG, which was good for ppl who wanted colored bumpers and pwer windows without going for too many goodies like in XS. Also, XG was also the highest selling variant in the range, now I hardly get to see an XO on the road !!

Quote:
The 3rd gear is teh best I like in my Santro. ANd ist just 1.1litre not a 1.6 and maybe hence you felt it less spirited. I am very happy with it though
Hmm... my experience with the 3rd gear on santro was otherwise. It was just too weak below 30-40 km/h range and the 2nd gear somehow seemed to die out in torque around 25 km/h. So there was a small gap in the 'zippiness' of the santro which was not to my liking at all. More so, because you need it while driving in city.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 10:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Increasing in compression means to use higher octane petrol (91 oct or 91plus ). Hope they convey this message to all customers!
They also added knock sensors, so it'll adjust timing if there is any knock. Regular petrol OK.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 14:10   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wazzat? You are saying that while your car is 63bhp the RC book says it is 67? If so you better enquire about this and if required get it corrected in the RC book. I have seen a few cases where a wrong entry in the RC book made life difficult for the owner when he tried to sale it.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 15:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Zappo, I liked your signoff slogan 'Leave Early, Reach in Peace'. In the Indian traffic conditions, this should be practised religiously....
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote