Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th October 2009, 18:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
The one thing that really struck me is that there is not one single negative review about the Cedia. Slightly underpowered for the chasis, suspension and brakes but the current power is not really bad for this category - only underpowered if you look at the potential of the 2.0 ltr engine. Easily upgradeable as I understand.
As you said earlier, the car was originally made to handle 300BHP. This proves the handling of CEDIA.

I haven't heard of anyone doing serious performance mods on a CEDIA.
The stock performance itself is remarkable. Thought it is only 115HBP, the torque gives a noticeable difference compared to similar segment petrol cars.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 18:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Now that is one passionate writeup ! Congratulations.

Quote:
Am not a fan of the headlights at all. Touted as fish eye by Mitsu but fish are not sporty unless you are taking great whites (sharks) or dolphins or eels. Only major part of the car not sporty - gives it a more domesticated feeling.
+1 to that. It somehow does not seem to gel with a sporty character. I have the same grouse with the Cedia frontend.

Quote:
Performance mods:
Apparently Mitsubishi has official ones and I am enquiring about them.
Do post details when you get them.

Quote:
...........And damn the resale value.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 19:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Great review!

The cedia looks great, though I'd have opted for no stickers at all!

Cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 20:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a brand new Cedia. If there's one feature I miss in mine compared to the new one, it has to be that momo steering wheel :(.

Don't worry about the engine temperature gauge. It settles to somewhere just under the halfway mark and I've never ever seen it move from there. Even after belting the car around the track, it was still stuck at the same place .

Try and get rid of the bridgestones. They are horrible tyres. My car rides on advan neova now and they genuinely make a huge difference to cornering.

Also take it easy on the mods. While the engine is definitely very capable, let it run in a bit before modding. If you turbo it, you can get to 8-10 psi of boost on stock internals reliably. There are tonnes of bolt on kits for the 4G94. Would mean somewhere around 200bhp. Also do report back what kind of mods are available.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 29th October 2009 at 20:25.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 20:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post

Try and get rid of the bridgestones. They are horrible tyres. My car rides on advan neova now and they genuinely make a huge difference to cornering.
You changed your PP2 already? How many KMs did you Michelin PP2 last?
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 20:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
You changed your PP2 already? How many KMs did you Michelin PP2 last?
Wore out at 30k. So decided to try something different . Having a tyreboi friend means my tyres get dumped before everyone else. Someone else would probably have extracted another 3-4k out of them.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 29th October 2009 at 20:59.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Wore out at 30k. So decided to try something different . Having a tyreboi friend means my tyres get dumped before everyone else. Someone else would probably have extracted another 3-4k out of them.
Bugger! Your PP2s were worn out thanks to your ridiculous style of driving.

SJ, trust me. This bugger wanted to do a Kerala trip in Monsoon with 2 worn out PP2s. :
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 22:53   #38
lsp
BHPian

Congarts kcnetid!!!!

The only thing I dont like in the pics is the Ribbons (and the stickers to some extent). Just my opinion

Good choice of car there. I hope u have many many happy miles with her. Would look fwd to read about the mods you have planned for her.
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 00:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, I love this car. I guess it is one of the few FTD sedans below 10 lakhs (FTD sedans seem to be rare breed).

Every owner seems to be full of praise about it, including the last one I met who drives a Cedia, a Lancer Invecs, a Palio GTX with S10 gearbox and a Petra.

If I had a generous supply of Vitamin M, this is the car I would buy.

Last edited by architect : 30th October 2009 at 00:43.
architect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 01:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Cedia owner's club . Its a nice detailed report .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 02:08   #41
BHPian

well with all due regards to everyone's feelings, Cedia is a written-off Lancer in US. Didnt sell well, just bcoz of the bland interiors, trim levels, and the surprisingly subtle exterior.
Well the new Lancer which replaced so called Cedia in US, is excellent with its aggressive looks and nice tachy interiors.

Cedia is a nice car in its own right, but i guess the superb engine and drive terrain deserved a much better looking car IMHO. To top it, this car has no climate control(shame), ruthless backseat and even the front seats grow tiring after a long drive.
Lets be honest and face it.
But yes, compared to the competition we have, this car is a winner!
So what should we say - Excellent car, Good car or just VFM?
I would say nice car with decent VFM, but could have been nicer.

Mitsu folks, are you listening?
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 08:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_seattle View Post
well with all due regards to everyone's feelings, Cedia is a written-off Lancer in US. Didnt sell well, just bcoz of the bland interiors, trim levels, and the surprisingly subtle exterior.
Well the new Lancer which replaced so called Cedia in US, is excellent with its aggressive looks and nice tachy interiors.

Cedia is a nice car in its own right, but i guess the superb engine and drive terrain deserved a much better looking car IMHO. To top it, this car has no climate control(shame), ruthless backseat and even the front seats grow tiring after a long drive.
Lets be honest and face it.
But yes, compared to the competition we have, this car is a winner!
So what should we say - Excellent car, Good car or just VFM?
I would say nice car with decent VFM, but could have been nicer.

Mitsu folks, are you listening?
The old base lancer in the US and the cedia in India have very little in common other than the chassis, body and engine. The suspension setup found in India is very similar to the Ralliart/the JDM/australian version. To add to that, the interiors are way better than any other version of the car sold anywhere.

The one sold in India has climate control and has completely different seats compared to the US version - both front and rear. Please don't compare apples to oranges.

The US base versions of most are probably the most stripped down and worst of the lot as far as fit and finish, interiors are concerned. Its not just mitsubishi, its the same with Honda and Toyota. There's a massive difference between the US cars which are aimed at the lowest slab of the market and the Indian versions which are aimed at the top of the market. Drive the same model in both places and you'd know.
Old 30th October 2009, 08:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Lovely writeup about a nice car. I always liked the Cedia sports, just never got around to buying one though. The car is silky smooth and interiors are just right. As Reignofchaos said ditch the OE tyres and get better rubber to get the best out of this sporty saloon.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 10:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

A very, very detailed writeup. Evaluating every small nuance of the car technically, then giving a real life example (a bull with a nose ring standing under a tree ) shows real passion.

The Cedia is a great car, as I found out a year ago. Congratulations on your new buy. DO keep us posted on service costs & hassles, as this is a factor that keeps away many potential customers (me included) who're otherwise hooked on the car.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 10:49   #45
BHPian

congrats kcnetid. I never owned a cedia. But from this forum, I know this is the vehicle to have if you are a true motoring enthusiast. I would love to hear the long term ownership review of yours ripping the car. Also the pictures are quite nice. I particularly liked the rear three quarters picture of the car. And before seeing the pictures, I thought white is a bland color. Not anymore. I feel the red graphics make it look cool. I felt like going out for a test drive after seeing those momo wheels. Excellent driving environemnt, I presume
princemanatt is offline   Reply With Quote