Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th November 2009, 15:04   #31
BANNED

i do agree that instead of the OEM music system they could have given ACC which would have been boon for this version.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 15:27   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
i do agree that instead of the OEM music system they could have given ACC which would have been boon for this version.
I don't. As an owner, I can surely state that the manual A/C is more effective than the ACC in the i20.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 15:30   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I don't. As an owner, I can surely state that the manual A/C is more effective than the ACC in the i20.
why would you say so, i mean why is ACC not that effective, and what i have heard is that stock system isnt that great to hear, so why not given option for buyer to put on one he likes and give Auto climate controls.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 15:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
why would you say so, i mean why is ACC not that effective, and what i have heard is that stock system isnt that great to hear, so why not given option for buyer to put on one he likes and give Auto climate controls.
I would say so because I own an Asta and the ACC is far from adequate to cool the cabin effectively. Blame it on a not-so-great compressor and a small engine. It's only because of my sunfilms that I've not gone mad with the ACC till now. The stock system is perfectly fine, not so if you want to do some heavy ICE'ing. So I guess they should omit both the ICE and the ACC, and price the model cheaper.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 17:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

A car with lot of features, but cant they afford to fix a fog lamp instead of leaving it for the customer to go and trace in the market. A stock fog lamp should have been nice for this costly car ?Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 19:31   #36
BHPian

a few things i may suggest Hyundai people as MUST would be the vanity mirror (at least one, for the lady by the driver side !), tying down the stuff in the boot, and better in cabin lighting.

other options would be the
ACC( this AC IS LESS effective than my Fiesta's, although i may be comparing apples and oranges !)
SYSTEM
FOGS
REAR SEAT ARM REST

Things i am liking more and more

mute option ( not present in all systems )
darkening feature of system
extra light feel of steering (now the Fiesta sterring almoast feels unasissted ! )

BY THE WAY-
after 3 weeks of driving ..
the in cabin noise as well outside seem to have increased.
the front end has scraped the ground once after crossing a upsloping bump at v. low speed( the black strip below bumper)
white is hard to keep gleaming in a grimy/dusty city like Ghaziabad !!
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 10:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

The AC controls are very neatly designed, gets along with the dash when fit & Finish is concerned.
But not like other vehicles were they try to portray(place the controls with different fit & finish) that there is a high-end variant with ACC.

Love the Interior/exteriors. Looks very bold than a sedan.
I feel its worth for the money you spend. And said, always a buyer had a choice to go for the best.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 9th November 2009 at 10:29.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 23:44   #38
BHPian

can anyone direct me to the spots where the Airbags are likely to be and what is "EPS" sign that glow up before starting? (i haven't gone thrughthe owner's manual yet !)
Old 11th November 2009, 00:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
can anyone direct me to the spots where the Airbags are likely to be and what is "EPS" sign that glow up before starting? (i haven't gone thrughthe owner's manual yet !)
i20 magna 1.4 crdi airbags?? Did someone sell you this car by convincing that you have airbags in your car???

Welcome to Hyundai Motors India Limited

Magna trim does not have airbags in i20.

The EPS sign that lights up is the Electronic Power Steering check light. It should go off after 3-4 seconds if EPS check does not find any fault.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 06:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy, Dr.! I suggest a change of soles- tyres! A Michelin/ Yoko would make a day to night difference in handling, trust me! And if you go right now to a Tyre Store, you will get a good buy-back for the almost new stock tyres, offsetting the cost of the new.
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 22:17   #41
BHPian

i had bought the car knowing fully well that there are no airbags (since i bought it for the wife whose idea of overspeeding is over taking a bullockcart ), but then my driver confused me pointing to the sign (please clarify) what the ABS sign at the back means(see my pic) -- antilock brake system ? or is it just an oversight to leave it stuck on all i20s?

ph03n!x which alloys would look good on this baby -- i mean color wise, size wise and no. of spokes? thanx in advance (any guess how much i can get for the present ones -driven approx 500 km )

where on earth are the rear AC vents i scraped around below the font seats i couldn't find them, also please clarify the points below i have marked with a smiley (used 3 -mods pl. forgive!!)

Detailed Features Hyundai i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS - Features

taken from another car website...)

Comfort
  • 60:40 Rear Seat Folding
  • Adjustable Front & Rear Headrests
  • Full Fabric Cloth Upholstery
  • Air Conditioner with Heater(Manual)
  • Rear AC Cooling Ducts
  • Electronic Power steering
  • Tilt & Telescopic Steering
  • Internally Adjustable ORVMs
  • Power Windows - Frt
  • Power Windows - Rr
  • Driver Side Autodown
  • Driver Side Safety
  • Illumination
  • Timelag
  • Clutch Foot Rest
  • Cigar Lighter
  • Portable Ashtray
  • Luggage Lamp
  • 2 DIN CD+MP3 Music System
  • AC vents with shut off option (front)
  • Rear Defogger with timer
  • Battery Saver
Exterior
  • 2 Tone Beige Interior Colour
  • Body Coloured Bumper
  • Body Coloured Radiator Grille
  • Full Wheel Cover
  • Wraparound Clearlens headlamps & taillamps
  • Body Coloured Outside Door & Tailgate Handles
  • Body Coloured Outside Mirrors
  • Roof Antenna
Interior
  • Rear Parcel Tray
  • 4 Speakers with 2 Front Tweeters
  • Map Pocket - Frt Door
  • Passanger Side Seat Back Pocket
  • Centre Console Tray
  • Chrome Inside Door Handles
  • Glove Box Cooling
  • Coat Hook
  • Tachometer
  • Electronic Multidisplay Meter
  • Dual Tripmeter
  • Driving Time
  • Digital Clock
  • Outside Temperature
  • Calendar
  • Low Fuel Warning
  • Door & Tailgate Ajar Warning
  • Theatre dimming room lamp
  • Floor console trays (2 nos.)
  • Cup-holders (2) & Bottle holder
Safety
  • Child-Safety Rear Door Locks
  • Day & Night Inside Rear View Mirror
  • Central Locking (5 DR)
  • Rear - Fog Lamps
  • ABS with EBD
  • Immobiliser
  • RHD Controls
  • 3 point rear centre seat belt
  • Ignition Key Reminder - CLS disabled
Attached Thumbnails
My new i20 CRDI 1.4 Crystal white Magna-pc120075.jpg  

Old 11th November 2009, 23:00   #42
BHPian

one more thing i noticed , now that the wheather is cool outside. If i shut off the recirculate button (meaning start fresh air intake, with AC off ) even then the air continues to be much warmer than the outside ? This is even at the start of driving (not after the engine may have heated up ). Also in this condition if i turn the fan switch to the max cool level (bluest end) the air becomes cooler ?!? and if i turn the fan button all way to the other end the air becomes hot ?? ( without touching the AC button).
i hope u have undertstood my problem .
Pl clarify....
Old 11th November 2009, 23:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

your car has ABS with EBD, and all i20s do not (neither is the sticker placed there by default). Try locating a i20 1.2 kappa magna (petrol) - its the one without ABS.

Try these for better insight into ABS and EBD

Anti-lock braking system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Electronic brakeforce distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 00:26   #44
BHPian

I saw the brochure with the Hyundai TD person. In the features section under Magna, it said "DSL only" for "ABS with EBD". So, ABS is available only in Magna diesel and not in Magna Petrol.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 00:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

The colour/ spoke of alloys depend on your taste I am a multi-spoke lover, and got machined black wheels for my machine (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...l#post13628180).

I would suggest sticking with the stock tyre size if you are too worried about the warranty, else you can upsize by an inch. A matching tyre of 185 or 195 width in Michelin or Yoko (Pilot Preceda / S.Drives for moderate to high speed driving, XM1+ / A.Drive for comfort and fuel economy), and you are set.

As for buy-back, getting the tyres exchanged will give you the max bang for the buck. You can expect anything between 1750 to 2500 for almost-new stock tyres.
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote