Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd September 2010, 22:52   #61
BHPian

guys am posting pics of my latest aquisition -- Plati alloys 14" on my white crdi . (Since this is my thread , i felt oblliged to post the pics here , other pics are on the "alloy wheels for i20 thread")..
Attached Images

drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:30   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the steering response via-a-vis with the Fiesta? In detail if you can.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 18:30   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice choice of wheels. 5 spokes make for my favourite design. Your car looks very classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't think there is any scope for comparison. The Fiesta has amongst the best hydraulic units in the sub 10 lakh segment, and the i20 the most lifeless. The i20s PS is better only within the city (light + effortless).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 21:23   #64
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

i have both - the i20 crdi and the petrol fiesta --- and let me tell you in plain bhhasha(language) -- the PS of Fiesta is the heaviest in the segment and feels tough whereas that of i20 is the lightest of all PSs and feels incredibly light. Both are as different as chalk and cheese and at the opposite ends of the PS spectrum. Light feel of i20 PS is a joy in the city whereas Fiesta PS feels confident at high speeds(i.e. on highways) due to the heavy feel (what is called the "feedback" from the steering.
Just cannot compare the two.
If i drive the 20 for a week , it takes another week to get adjusted back to that of the fiesta !
Old 12th September 2010, 23:41   #65
BHPian

anybody has got his AC (or rattles ) corrected in Delhi /NCR Hyundai workshops ?? my AC is from the early series of crdi's and quite weak. Have contacted Capital Hyundai,(the seller) and they have no clue !!!
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post

Safety
  • Child-Safety Rear Door Locks
    =================
  • Ignition Key Reminder - CLS disabled

does this version have rear disk brakes ?
djavalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavalkar View Post
does this version have rear disk brakes ?
Sorry friend, it doesn't .
Old 30th August 2011, 09:44   #68
BHPian

Default Re: My new i20 CRDI 1.4 Crystal white Magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
guys am posting pics of my latest aquisition -- Plati alloys 14" on my white crdi . (Since this is my thread , i felt oblliged to post the pics here , other pics are on the "alloy wheels for i20 thread")..
Hi Khanna,
I must say the Roof rail and your Plati alloys looks good.

May be the pics are not doing much justice to either. But both looks to be in sink with the car as if it came standard

Any more upgrades done in 2011? How is the car doing?
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 20:38   #69
BHPian

Default Re: My new i20 CRDI 1.4 Crystal white Magna

thanks friend ,
i really haven't done anything for my poor car in a looong time !!.
it still drives like a dream (among "small" cars), overtaking is pure joy, it never fails you in overtaking !! it still is as silent as before (despite being driver driven and wife driven (DOUBLE WHAMMY for the poor guy !!). All features and functions are working well with no major breakdowns or issues. I had initial issues with the AC ( many initial I20 owners had , but then it got better with some repairs etc. But still not the best in class, in fact it is the bad part !).
What really gets my goat is the expensive servicing. Regular service costs ~5500 RS + everytime there is an additional kharcha of ~5000 RS more( avg 10000 each service-6 monthly = > 1600 rs per month maintenance !!). Just today i got it serviced ( ~9400 rs) and now they say the clutch assembly needs repairs costing 25000 RS !!!!!. They say it's because Diesel clutches get worn out earlier and are heavier and more expensive , is it ???. Makes me wonder if Diesel is really worth the difference with petrol( avg driving daily ~50 Km).