Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 17:59   #1516
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can someone reason how/why this could have happened at 20K kms? My Accent Viva has done close to 50K and still the clutch feel is really good.
The Fiesta clutch is not known to give up this early. Does your friend have a habit of riding the clutch? Even Maruti's traditionally weak clutches last up to 40K kms. Clutch is considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty as well. You may want to check if a simple clutch cable change will work out. I am not sure if the Fiesta has a cable operated clutch though.
Gilead is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 18:17   #1517
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You may want to check if a simple clutch cable change will work out. I am not sure if the Fiesta has a cable operated clutch though.
As you doubted, Fiesta's clutch is not cable operated, it is hydraulic.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 21:02   #1518
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Clutch fail at 20k kms is unheard even in the cheapest M800. So, I doubt if its connected to the driving habit that can easily cause an abnorml wear and tear of the plates. I know many people who ride the clutch without realising the long-term effect (including my wife). She presses the clutch ages before the gear change or the break application (not forgetting the waiting at signals at 1st gear with clutch pressed). Luckily I havent given her the Fiesta till today. Not planning to give until I make sure the clutch is given its 'freedom'.

Last edited by shajufx : 21st January 2010 at 21:04.
shajufx is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 21:09   #1519
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 317
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Booked my Fiesta today guys and hope to enjoy the car for years to come.
bharanidharang is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 21:20   #1520
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Booked my Fiesta today guys and hope to enjoy the car for years to come.
Congrats bharanidharang Details please, model, color, cost etc.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 21:21   #1521
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Even i had this kind of expirence with my Fiesta. I was driving down on a highway with a major traffic jam and sundenly after being in jam for an hour or so, my car stoped with a jerk. I had to push it to the corner. Then i realised that there was a oil leakage from under the bonnet. When the mechanic came, he shwoed me the clutch wire had broken and it was from that wire the Oil was dripping. Finally he was able to fix that wire. He had to take that wire to his garage and got it fixed and then he simply added it back to the car. I only paid 800 bucks to him. Mine has done around 65K and only then this thing happned so i guess at 20K there must be a problem with the clutch.
nitinralli is online now  
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:05   #1522
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Friends,

I took delivery of my car today evening. Took my training sir along with me and drove her for 1 hour for 6 PM to 7 PM. Being a new first time driver, I was so tensed that I was making all possible mistakes of the world. Luckily, I was driving in a open stretch only. After half an hour almost, I relaxed and made much lesser mistakes. Anyway somehow made it back home.

That apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the delivery experience. It was such a nice experience. They made it so perfect for me. Plus - 5 litres of petrol, a FORD coffee mug, leather wallet (to keep papers), a cake, tissue box, photo frame, crayons & Victoria Ford painting book (I know I am not a kid, but still I will fill the colors) - all came as delivery special surprise gifts from my dealer.

I thoroughly enjoyed.

I will try to write a detailed delivery experience in a new thread possibly over the weekend. I'M LOVING IT.
mayukh is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 06:48   #1523
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 317
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Congrats bharanidharang Details please, model, color, cost etc.
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
bharanidharang is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:40   #1524
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Friends,

I took delivery of my car today evening. Took my training sir along with me and drove her for 1 hour for 6 PM to 7 PM. Being a new first time driver, I was so tensed that I was making all possible mistakes of the world. Luckily, I was driving in a open stretch only. After half an hour almost, I relaxed and made much lesser mistakes. Anyway somehow made it back home.

That apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the delivery experience. It was such a nice experience. They made it so perfect for me. Plus - 5 litres of petrol, a FORD coffee mug, leather wallet (to keep papers), a cake, tissue box, photo frame, crayons & Victoria Ford painting book (I know I am not a kid, but still I will fill the colors) - all came as delivery special surprise gifts from my dealer.
Congrats @mayukh, Good to know that the delivery was smooth and with gifts. Hope you enjoy the car and the gifts. Dont think the driving exp as mistakes but steps to glory coz U did the best thing in going for Fiesta. All the best, Drive safe with seatbelts ON. I have been holding my 100 horses till the first service after which I will be unleashing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
@bharanidharang - Congrats on your buy and welcome to the Fiesta club. Go through this wonderful thread started by nairrk and keep yourself abreast with the wonderful experience the Fiestians share.
BTW what factors made you go for the Diesel variant? Was it the OTR cost of Fiesta? Can you share the same?
ghodlur is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:48   #1525
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The Fiesta clutch is not known to give up this early. Does your friend have a habit of riding the clutch? Even Maruti's traditionally weak clutches last up to 40K kms. Clutch is considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty as well. You may want to check if a simple clutch cable change will work out. I am not sure if the Fiesta has a cable operated clutch though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i had this kind of expirence with my Fiesta. I was driving down on a highway with a major traffic jam and sundenly after being in jam for an hour or so, my car stoped with a jerk. I had to push it to the corner. Then i realised that there was a oil leakage from under the bonnet. When the mechanic came, he shwoed me the clutch wire had broken and it was from that wire the Oil was dripping. Finally he was able to fix that wire. He had to take that wire to his garage and got it fixed and then he simply added it back to the car. I only paid 800 bucks to him. Mine has done around 65K and only then this thing happned so i guess at 20K there must be a problem with the clutch.
Guys, This a matter of concern esp for new owners like me since we drive in traffic jams day in and out and nobody of us would want to end up with a dead clutch right in the middle of road. What is the normal routine of clutch maintenance for Fiesta? Should this be addressed to the dealer in the first service which I will be doing in a week's time. As per the manual the first service is a very routine inspection one, would the dealer entertain requests like clutch plate inspection??
ghodlur is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:02   #1526
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Friends,

I took delivery of my car today evening. Took my training sir along with me and drove her for 1 hour for 6 PM to 7 PM. Being a new first time driver, I was so tensed that I was making all possible mistakes of the world. Luckily, I was driving in a open stretch only. After half an hour almost, I relaxed and made much lesser mistakes. Anyway somehow made it back home.

That apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the delivery experience. It was such a nice experience. They made it so perfect for me. Plus - 5 litres of petrol, a FORD coffee mug, leather wallet (to keep papers), a cake, tissue box, photo frame, crayons & Victoria Ford painting book (I know I am not a kid, but still I will fill the colors) - all came as delivery special surprise gifts from my dealer.

I thoroughly enjoyed.

I will try to write a detailed delivery experience in a new thread possibly over the weekend. I'M LOVING IT.
+

Nice to hear that you had a pleasant delivery experience.
Also good to see that you have got plenty of small gifts-lucky one
nairrk is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:17   #1527
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

could anyone share with is the mileage they are getting from their fiesta diesel? somebody told me it is close to 20 KMPL in city which i doubt!!
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:49   #1528
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Booked my Fiesta today guys and hope to enjoy the car for years to come.
+
Congratulatons

Another proud Fiesta Owner !

When do you expect the delivery?
nairrk is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:36   #1529
BHPian
 
stumpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore/Coimbatore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
could anyone share with is the mileage they are getting from their fiesta diesel? somebody told me it is close to 20 KMPL in city which i doubt!!
20 seems a little high. My mileage attached/below. In rush hour traffic both ways (to and from work) with AC on, in Bangalore.
Attached Images
 
stumpz is offline  
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:44   #1530
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
Congratulations !!! All the best wishes for your car.
mayukh is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here PAVAN KADAM Shifting gears 2879 26th October 2016 18:06
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51
All Laura Owners and Accord Owners, Please stand up personified Sedans 9 11th December 2008 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks