Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2010, 23:51   #1621
BHPian

Nairji, First of all congrats for Senior Bhpian, few months back you have sown seed 'All Fiesta Owners - You are here' and it has grown in big tree in short span, It has become Bible for all Fiesta owners, I have updated my thread.
Old 28th January 2010, 00:03   #1622
BHPian

Sanjay,

I am quite enjoying your travelogue now. I hope there is much more to come
Old 28th January 2010, 08:16   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Did you check the other threads as suggested?
I think answer to your question is already there!
I, myself have asked a question about loading/playing movies on it and it was
answered by @shamanth who also got same device VX140.

I bought it through ebay.in. You can buy it direct from MMI also.

MMI sells the product at Rs.14990 whereas the dealer (autoworld08) sells it at
Rs.14000 plus rs.150 shipping cost. Or else if you have got any one in delhi or visiting
delhi in the near future, then they can buy directly from MMI office?
Guys,

Anyone given a thought to Nokia maps which is now available for free download on specific Nokia models. One of my office colleague had Nokia 5230 which has inbuilt Nokia maps 2.0 and had a fantastic experience during his recent trips to Shirdi, Aurangabad, hometown Nagpur and back to Mumbai. The refresh rate was quite good and better than Google maps.
Would buying a GPS device worth more than 10K is justified now that U get it well within 10K on a mobile. I agree the features might be very basic but still should help an avg joe. What say????
Old 28th January 2010, 10:10   #1624
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

imo, if you already have a mobile phone for your daily use, it may not be wise to buy another one (N5230) for the Navigation purpose.?
GPS Navigator is a fully dedicated device used for navigation and seems its screen size is bigger and get informations in one touch.?
Its all depends on your requirment and use-whether you go for a mobile phone with gps facility or a fully dedicated gps device!
Old 28th January 2010, 10:51   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
As soon as I turned left, with left blinkers on, instinctively my eyes turned to the left rear view mirror. The glare of the lights gave me a feeling that another car is right behind me (that is why I have put this as a gripe in my earlier post).
I have a gripe about the left ORVM as well. It looks like the left and right side ORVMs are identical. The left ORVM mirror should have been designed with a different curvature so that we can see more of the road from the driver's side. Looks like Ford decided to cut costs here by putting the same mirror on the left.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:08   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Those who are looking for Fiesta car cover, here is one item available in ebay

eBay India: Top Quality Car Body Cover - Model FORD Fiesta (item 180450610949 end time 29-Jan-2010 09:20:40 IST)

I have just ordered it and will report once recieved
Old 28th January 2010, 11:10   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Anyone wants to EXCHANGE their chrome SXi mirrors with my standard mirrors, please PM me. I am more than willing to have the chrome ones with built in indicators because they look good ONLY on white cars!!
Old 28th January 2010, 12:23   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sanjay, please take a dealership in the south and give all of us with a 50% discount, we will promote it by word of mouth as a return favour !
+
All of us means -all fiesta owners in TBHP??
If yes, He will go bankrupt within a short time - LOL
Old 28th January 2010, 13:33   #1629
BHPian

Hey regarding the mobile gps.

It is just superb, I have a Nokia 5800 ( i hate spending lot of money on phones, cause it is just to make calls ), but I bought it just for GPS and wifi ( to listen to ad free internet radio).

The Nokia Maps I have is cracked ( you need to crack if you want navigation ), with navigation it is just great. If I have to go to a place, i just google that place in google maps on my phone, it shows the place. I just set that as favourite and open nokia maps and say take me to that place. That is all.
Plus Nokia maps shows me all the tourist info around the place i am. ( like police station, grocery, restaurants, cinemas, hospitals, etc ).
Why I use google maps is that it has a million tagged places which Nokia maps will not, and I still havent figured out Nokia maps to point to streets in the search. So google maps helps there, and nokia helps in turn by turn navigation.

I use it all the time, I dont get lost anymore.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:42   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to mention that somewhere on the journey to CCU, I noticed some kind of instrument panel hanging down in between the rear wheel with thick cables on either ........ cigs. Heavenly. Rounded up with almost an hour of sleep there inside the car.

Apologies for the long post.
Thanks Sanjay for sharing this. It adds to the whole essence of your trip. Almost every highway drive involves all of these, the close calls, the breaks that you take, the people you meet on the way...
Old 28th January 2010, 15:13   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Anyone wants to EXCHANGE their chrome SXi mirrors with my standard mirrors, please PM me. I am more than willing to have the chrome ones with built in indicators because they look good ONLY on white cars!!
Please be aware that the chrome mirror with the integrated lights costs close to 6K. The one you have now costs 3.5K. So it's a big hole in the pocket if some auto or cabbie decides to knock it off.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:28   #1632
BANNED

could any one explored the idea of using GPS through mobile and setting the mobile to the dashboard via mobile holder with handsfree bluetooth connectivity,
is any one using Nokia hands free car kit, i have a nokia E71 and is looking for it, if it is good enough.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:45   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
could any one explored the idea of using GPS through mobile and setting the mobile to the dashboard via mobile holder with handsfree bluetooth connectivity,
is any one using Nokia hands free car kit, i have a nokia E71 and is looking for it, if it is good enough.
That is how I do with my iPhone paired with samsung bluetooth earpiece.

You need the foll:
1. Windscreen Mobile Holder (in Fiesta, forget about dashboard holder, at least SXI with the rubber dash console) - appx cost 700/- for good quality like CAPDASE.

2. Mobile

3. Bluetooth earphone/headset. <1000 bucks

Have u tried downloading the free nokia maps software? Is it avlbl for e71? EDIT:Also, note if your mobile is not touchscreen (finger based, not stylus one), then you will find it difficult to use while driving.

Last edited by sanjayc : 28th January 2010 at 15:55.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:04   #1634
BANNED

Quote:
That is how I do with my iPhone paired with samsung bluetooth earpiece.

You need the foll:
1. Windscreen Mobile Holder (in Fiesta, forget about dashboard holder, at least SXI with the rubber dash console) - appx cost 700/- for good quality like CAPDASE.

2. Mobile

3. Bluetooth earphone/headset. <1000 bucks

Have u tried downloading the free nokia maps software? Is it avlbl for e71? EDIT:Also, note if your mobile is not touchscreen (finger based, not stylus one), then you will find it difficult to use while driving.
yup, tried downloading but it is not available for my place - lucknow

where can i get a nokia mobile holder for the car, and will the mobile holder thru windshield would not look awkward or something too occupied.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:29   #1635
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:
1. She is STILL at Bhavna Ford: Tomorrow will be the 3rd day!

2. The STEERING RACK has been replaced.

3. The reason for the car being delivered tomorrow is that it is lying at the body shop. They are doing the polishing and waxing with care, since the colour that fell on the car has dried up.

4. The Manager called me today to say that this is BY FAR the best steering he has seen on any Ford car. The new rack has made the steering 'smooth' and easier to 'chuck' the car into corners. Boy, oh boy! Am I waiting or what!? It's like an upgrade straight from the factory. Yayyy! No, seriously, he said that the new rack has made a day and night difference from the earlier design. Let's hope this is a good thing!

5. Car being dropped home tomorrow, after which I shall post my comments.

and yes, he says the noise is 'totally gone!'
Closed Thread