Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2010, 09:33   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
UPDATE:
1. She is STILL at Bhavna Ford: Tomorrow will be the 3rd day!

2. The STEERING RACK has been replaced.

3. The reason for the car being delivered tomorrow is that it is lying at the body shop. They are doing the polishing and waxing with care, since the colour that fell on the car has dried up.

4. The Manager called me today to say that this is BY FAR the best steering he has seen on any Ford car. The new rack has made the steering 'smooth' and easier to 'chuck' the car into corners. Boy, oh boy! Am I waiting or what!? It's like an upgrade straight from the factory. Yayyy! No, seriously, he said that the new rack has made a day and night difference from the earlier design. Let's hope this is a good thing!

5. Car being dropped home tomorrow, after which I shall post my comments.

and yes, he says the noise is 'totally gone!'
+
So you are the Luckiest one among us, the Fiestans
Also good to know that FORD is treating you like Maharaja and giving special consideration on your car problems -Congratulations !
Old 29th January 2010, 12:44   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Thats a happy news from franky. So who is next to experiment custom-made factory fittings on their fiesta ? Infact Ford should pay us a premium for experimenting innovations and ideas on our cars as test babies. Or is it a new way of cutting cost on the R&D ?
Old 29th January 2010, 12:53   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post

where can i get a nokia mobile holder for the car, and will the mobile holder thru windshield would not look awkward or something too occupied.
++

check this link

eBay India: Universal iPhone 3G Mp3 GPS Mobile PDA Car Mount Holder (item 270520859134 end time 01-Feb-2010 16:44:43 IST).

Is it suitable for you??
Old 29th January 2010, 13:53   #1639
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thats a happy news from franky. So who is next to experiment custom-made factory fittings on their fiesta ? Infact Ford should pay us a premium for experimenting innovations and ideas on our cars as test babies. Or is it a new way of cutting cost on the R&D ?
If successful, are they going to replace the same of all existing Fiestas??
Old 29th January 2010, 14:15   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Anyone wants to EXCHANGE their chrome SXi mirrors with my standard mirrors, please PM me. I am more than willing to have the chrome ones with built in indicators because they look good ONLY on white cars!!
...and gels well on moondust silver
Old 29th January 2010, 14:37   #1641
BANNED

nowadays i am seeing a lot of white fiesta in lucknow, may be because i am noticing it much.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:58   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
If successful, are they going to replace the same of all existing Fiestas??
+
I dont think they will replace this in all existing Fiestas?
imo, probably it will be replaced against complaints and in future this new part will be fitted instead of the existing one.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:27   #1643
Senior - BHPian

You never know, Ford might surprise everyone. Remember Nokia recalling a particular series batteries for free replacement worldwide ? Also few other brands did the same thing last year. So far I have no clue whats all this fus about, because I havent heard anything from the steering column. If its a group recall, I might tell them "please dont mind the steering noise, instead put a free spoiler on my car" !!
Old 30th January 2010, 09:51   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nowadays i am seeing a lot of white fiesta in lucknow, may be because i am noticing it much.
+
Probably, you own a white hence your attention is always diverted to white colours especially Fiestas?
When I am out on road with my fiesta, I always keep watching how many fiesta's can be seen on the road (irrespective of the colour) !
Old 30th January 2010, 14:20   #1645
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Probably, you own a white hence your attention is always diverted to white colours especially Fiestas?
When I am out on road with my fiesta, I always keep watching how many fiesta's can be seen on the road (irrespective of the colour) !
nope this is not the case, in my place there is maximum white fiesta in numbers and then platinum, this was also confirmed by my dealer as well.
Old 30th January 2010, 14:38   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Same here, few months back it used to be very few according to my counting or spotting while moving around, but now it is a very commentable number of Fiestas on road, probably result of the discounts and the renewed impression about after-service and spare parts cost.

Quote:
in my place there is maximum white fiesta in numbers and then platinum, this was also confirmed by my dealer as well.
Hope you are surrounded by Govt babus and people who value white as a symbol of innocence and newlife !!

Last edited by shajufx : 30th January 2010 at 14:39.
Old 30th January 2010, 14:42   #1647
BANNED

Hope you are surrounded by Govt babus and people who value white as a symbol of innocence and newlife !![/quote]

i dont agree that white is a choice mostly with "GOVT BABUS", this is a more of a unusual remark, color in a car is purely of a personal choice.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:04   #1648
Senior - BHPian

May be its a personal choice, but my comment is based on what I see in Bangalore city, dont be surprised, I find one of the Govt dept boards on an average 8 out of 10 white Fiestas here. I think majority of private Fiestas here are either Platinum or Silver.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:22   #1649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
May be its a personal choice, but my comment is based on what I see in Bangalore city, dont be surprised, I find one of the Govt dept boards on an average 8 out of 10 white Fiestas here. I think majority of private Fiestas here are either Platinum or Silver.
here at my place and even in most of the north region Government employees are provided Ambassadors rather than fiesta or any other sedan car.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:33   #1650
Senior - BHPian

You will change that opinion if you come down to bangalore, but now lot of upgrades are happening to Altis as I understand, and believe me its white again.

White is a lovely choice, provided its kept sparkling clean, and thats a real pain too. I would personally prefer white for any vehicle, but considering the dusty circumstances, I chose Morello. My corolla was white, M800 was white, WagonR was silver and I learnt enough from the previous cars, therefore chose a darker shade for my Fiesta, so far happy. I do a water cleaning only once a month, Jopasu is doing all the work other times, also a body cover is protecting from flying dust in the parking.

Last edited by shajufx : 30th January 2010 at 15:35.
Closed Thread