Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:28   #1726
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

yes, there is a tie up and its not new, they have done this in somewhere mid of 2008,

yes but related to some special pricing, i also doubt that there will be any discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Who told you? I never heard such things so far.

YOu can buy directly from MMI or through their dealers (you will get about
Rs.1000 discount). Dont worry about tie up with ford etc and go ahead if you are interested in mmi navigator.
yes, it is, have a look at this link

The Hindu Business Line : MapmyIndia ties up with Ford, GM

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd February 2010 at 20:15.
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:52   #1727
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
yes, it is, have a look at this link
+
Please note that the tie up might for the set up they have it in ford endy
(fordy endy comes with factory fitted gps -touchscreen with multifunctions ). This tie up has nothing to do with Fiesta.

You go to MMI web and book with them directly or go to ebay (if you prefer to get some discount)and book with one of their dealers -anyway the material will be same and the warranty will be provided by MMI.
nairrk is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:08   #1728
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

how is the performance of nokia handsfree bluetooth in VX140, is it good enough to hear and speak in a call wirelessly/
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:17   #1729
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
how is the performance of nokia handsfree bluetooth in VX140, is it good enough to hear and speak in a call wirelessly/
+
I have not yet tried bluetooth facility on VX140
As of now I am using only navigation purpose (In anycase I never used to attend any phone call when I am on the wheel-very strict practise I follow!
nairrk is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:29   #1730
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

a new update (i think so) FORD FIGO has arrived to the Ford dealerships, (arrived at my place)

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 2nd February 2010 at 14:30. Reason: spelling
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:32   #1731
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Oh, have a great time in guruvayur with your fiesta plus your daughter for her first feeding occassion!

So, probably you first going to ambalapuzha and then proceed to guruvayur with the family or you go direct to guruvayur and they come seperately from ambalapuzha (the possibility is the second option -since you are a solo driver?)
Thanks Nair Saab. You are right, it is the second option. They are coming to Gvr and I'll meet them there.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:41   #1732
BHPian
 
yogeshnaik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 311
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Thanks a lot Fiesta owners. Your posts are of great help regarding the A.S.S. My cousin purchased a Limited Edition Fiesta TDCi. The car is awesome.
yogeshnaik is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:51   #1733
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Thanks a lot Fiesta owners. Your posts are of great help regarding the A.S.S. My cousin purchased a Limited Edition Fiesta TDCi. The car is awesome.
Congrats on getting the nth "Limited Edition"Please post some further details like the pricing etc.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:13   #1734
BHPian
 
yogeshnaik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 311
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

The Limited Edition was then costing around 8.10L where after discounts was 7.7L. After some bargain including corporate discounts and exchange bonus he got it for 7.5L with 3M sunfilm, Limo Nene scent bottle etc.
Its a base version limited edition with OEM Radio.
yogeshnaik is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:21   #1735
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
The Limited Edition was then costing around 8.10L where after discounts was 7.7L. After some bargain including corporate discounts and exchange bonus he got it for 7.5L with 3M sunfilm, Limo Nene scent bottle etc.
Its a base version limited edition with OEM Radio.

Congratulations to your cousin for becoming a proud owner of Fiesta.!
He will enjoy driving the car !
nairrk is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:30   #1736
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Congrats on getting the nth "Limited Edition"Please post some further details like the pricing etc.
right, Ford have doctorate in floating LE models
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:30   #1737
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
how is the performance of nokia handsfree bluetooth in VX140, is it good enough to hear and speak in a call wirelessly/
Ruchir, you are posting this in the wrong thread..I mean, except Nairji, nobody else here seems to be using this sort of thing.

In my experience over bluetooth handsfree (paired with car HU/speakers), it is a real hassle..sometimes the bluetooth won't activate or the sound will be unclear or some intereference will be there, bluetooth going into power saver standby mode etc etc..it will be difficult to adjust or check, as a result, I will lose concentration over driving..not worth the hassle. Mind you, this issue are there with even topend model like iPhone/Nokia N95/Imate KJam etc. Hence, I switched to wired earphone stuff. Only recently, once I loaded the MMI software in my iPhone, I got myself a bluetooth earphone as well, since keeping the iPhone stuck to the windshield, the wired earphone could no longer be used. Still I face some problems, and before the call could be picked up, it gets disconnected.

Further, on car speakers, sometimes privacy related issue may occur if family/relatives/friends are co-passengers since the coversation is audible to everyone. For the VX model, I think there is no AUX out..so FM pairing has to be done - if so, that is another pain in the a.s.s.

I am not trying to discourage you here..I know you are hell bent towards getting a gps gadget..most of the time these are impulse purchases and little to do with utility value compared to the amount of Vitamin M involved. Just trying to share some r&d I am doing currently on this.

BTW, my dealextreme order is showing as shipped today..hopefully should receive it in 2 weeks time.

Was searching thru ebay when I came across this eBay India: 5 Inch Touch Screen GPS Navigator w/FM Transmitter (item 250552254202 end time 20-Feb-2010 11:54:12 IST)

The good thing about this item is that it has a A/V in socket..so it can become a video display as well. Has a brushed aluminium casing as well..so it looks good quality.

This is a Chennai seller (Jain ImPex) and speaks my language. Have got his shop address and will visit sometime this weekend to personally see this device. Seems like he is even willing to import items from Taiwan/Singapore/China etc (Impex - import-export) if one gives the model name/description etc. Let me check out if it turns out genuine or shady character.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:36   #1738
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Ruchir, you are posting this in the wrong thread..I mean, except Nairji, nobody else here seems to be using this sort of thing.

In my experience over bluetooth handsfree (paired with car HU/speakers), it is a real hassle..sometimes the bluetooth won't activate or the sound will be unclear or some intereference will be there, bluetooth going into power saver standby mode etc etc..it will be difficult to adjust or check, as a result, I will lose concentration over driving..not worth the hassle. Mind you, this issue are there with even topend model like iPhone/Nokia N95/Imate KJam etc. Hence, I switched to wired earphone stuff. Only recently, once I loaded the MMI software in my iPhone, I got myself a bluetooth earphone as well, since keeping the iPhone stuck to the windshield, the wired earphone could no longer be used. Still I face some problems, and before the call could be picked up, it gets disconnected.

Further, on car speakers, sometimes privacy related issue may occur if family/relatives/friends are co-passengers since the coversation is audible to everyone. For the VX model, I think there is no AUX out..so FM pairing has to be done - if so, that is another pain in the a.s.s.

I am not trying to discourage you here..I know you are hell bent towards getting a gps gadget..most of the time these are impulse purchases and little to do with utility value compared to the amount of Vitamin M involved. Just trying to share some r&d I am doing currently on this.

BTW, my dealextreme order is showing as shipped today..hopefully should receive it in 2 weeks time.

Was searching thru ebay when I came across this eBay India: 5 Inch Touch Screen GPS Navigator w/FM Transmitter (item 250552254202 end time 20-Feb-2010 11:54:12 IST)

The good thing about this item is that it has a A/V in socket..so it can become a video display as well. Has a brushed aluminium casing as well..so it looks good quality.

This is a Chennai seller (Jain ImPex) and speaks my language. Have got his shop address and will visit sometime this weekend to personally see this device. Seems like he is even willing to import items from Taiwan/Singapore/China etc (Impex - import-export) if one gives the model name/description etc. Let me check out if it turns out genuine or shady character.
this will be great for this favor, anyway you are very right, as the purchase of MMI is less of utility to me rather than adding one more gadget to my lab, since i am more of a techh savvy (being into software industry, its flowing in blood)
it will accompany my list of gadgets and who knows it will be useful for me one day beside giving a distinct look to my fiesta, rest we can discuss in SATNAV VS MAPMYINDIA
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:37   #1739
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

After reading about all these corp discounts, I am starting to feel like some kind of unWanted customers. All non-Corporate guys..please unite and let's organize a morcha

What is this corp discount policy? Are non-corp customers not paying? So why this step-motherly treatment towards lesser mortals like us! We are also paying thru our nose.

Nothing against the guys benefitting with corp discount..but we should also get the same, isn't it?
sanjayc is offline  
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:51   #1740
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

How is the SSP (Scheduled Service Plan) different from TMP (Total Maintaineance Plan)? I just want to know in terms of cost, duration/mileage covered. Is it something a middle path between EW & TMP?

Please enlighten me as I will be deciding on that front in a day or two and then pay for it to the dealer.
mayukh is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here PAVAN KADAM Shifting gears 2879 26th October 2016 18:06
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51
All Laura Owners and Accord Owners, Please stand up personified Sedans 9 11th December 2008 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks