Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2009, 00:01   #256
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from Haute, expensive & shoddy job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I went to Haute Car zone to checkout their Art leather seat cover range. The base price starts from 6000 and it goes upto 11K for PU leather seat covers. Seems to be bit costly than or GP road guys. They were marketing for a brand named Haiton and they can provide me with customised seatcovers. Tomorrow one other fiesta is getting her seat covers and i am going to visit their showroom to take a look at their work.

Any thoughts about their price for Fiesta seat covers
Make - Haiton PU leather seat covers
Price quoted - Rs 9000 (after bargaining)
Consists of only covers for the seat, Steering cover and door trims will cost extra.
Old 16th November 2009, 07:19   #257
BHPian

Default Added one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Will add your name also in the list.
@Thebeastfiest is doing the work of updating the list and he will update the list with your name.
Thanks
1.) 1.4 EXI --> 4
2.) 1.4 ZXI --> 6
3.) 1.4 SXI --> 8
5.) 1.6 EXI --> None
6.) 1.6 ZXI --> 13
7.) 1.6 SXI --> 14
8.) 1.6 S --> 15
9.) No Info --> 3
-------------------
Total --------> 63
-------------------
Version Wise
1.) EXI --> 04
2.) ZXI --> 19
3.) SXI --> 22
4.) 00S --> 15
5.) No Info --> 3
----------------------------------------------------
S.NO--Name------------Model--------Version
01----abhi1309--------1.4----------EXI
02----ABZ ------------1.6----------S
03----anachronix -----1.6----------S
04----Archer2005 -----1.6----------SXI
05----ariendj---------1.6----------ZXI
06----ashishgandhi_00 1.6----------SXI
07----chillout--------1.6----------SXI
08----dpkol-----------1.6----------ZXI
09----esoteric su-----1.6----------SXI
10----frankmehta -----1.6----------S
11----gautam dhaliwal-1.6----------S
12----Ghodlur---------1.6----------ZXI
13----Gilead----------1.6----------S
14----gksunil---------1.6----------ZXI
15----Govinda-Govinda 1.6----------S
16----gsachin 21------1.6----------SXI
17----JackTheCrack ---1.6----------SXI
18----jaganm----------1.6----------SXI
19----jerish666-------1.6----------S
20----katalysm76 -----1.6----------S
21----kumar7 ---------1.4----------ZXI
22----lamborghini-----1.4----------ZXI
23----MeEncore--------1.6----------ZXI
24----mohitd----------1.6----------S
25----MonkeyMan-------1.4----------SXI
26----moonraker-------1.6----------ZXI
27----nag20in---------1.4----------EXI
28----nairrk ---------1.6----------ZXI
29----NC--------------No Info------NO INFO
30----nitinrailli-----1.4----------ZXI
31----nityanand ss----1.6----------S
32----oss ------------1.4----------SXI
33----premjit --------1.6----------S
34----raamki ---------1.6----------ZXI
35----rajeshvin ------1.4----------SXI
36----rajivn ---------1.4----------EXI
37----Rastapopoulos --1.6----------SXI
38----sathee46 -------1.6----------S
39----shajufx --------1.6----------ZXI
40----Speedkrish------No Info------NO INFO
41----srisri----------1.4----------SXI
42----stronghold -----1.6----------SXI
43----suman ----------1.6----------SXI
44----The Hummer Guy--1.6----------S
45----Torque123-------1.6----------SXI
46----unni.ak---------1.4----------ZXI
47----Vnabhi ---------1.6----------SXI
48----wanderlustindia-1.6----------S
49----yajaman99 ------1.6----------ZXI
50----yogi------------1.6----------SXI
51----zaxis-----------1.6----------ZXI
52----aravinrd--------1.6----------ZXI
53----Mad Monkey------1.4----------SXI
54----Rehaan----------1.6----------No Info
55----1968chensaro----1.4----------EXI
56----anumod----------1.4----------SXI
57----tortoise------- 1.6----------SXI
58----lin-jo--------- 1.4----------SxI
59----Stumpz----------1.4----------SXI
60----sv1976----------1.4----------ZXI
61----GS--------------1.6----------S
62----raju_kb98-------1.6----------ZXI
63----wolffe----------1.4----------ZXI
Old 16th November 2009, 10:17   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
No no no. This time its towards Kerala, Kasaragod to be exact. Sad part is my camera is out, the XD Card gave up. So won't be having any pics of the trip . Well, there is a reason, I was getting bored with spending weekends at home!! Have invited a friend along, if he doesn't turn up, then its going to be just me.
+
@Unni - Did you actually made it to Kasaragode?
If yes, hope you might have left the place yesterday prior to the problems? Finally two people died and many injured including cops.
They declared a Harthal today in kasaragode district.
Hope the situation will be under control
Old 16th November 2009, 11:36   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If yes, hope you might have left the place yesterday prior to the problems?
I am sure Unni is back to work as the usual lazy Monday began few hours back. Good he didnt chose the Karnataka -AP boarder to 'mark his territory', I can imagine what would have happened for the whole week (considering the present political issues).

Unni, now onwards, please avoid the state boarders for your weekend drives, we have plenty of beautiful destinations within Karnataka itself.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:11   #260
Senior - BHPian

Yes, he may be in his office now,after a long drive over the weekend.
However, when I have seen the news last evening, immediately I thought of Unni but
then realized that he might have already left the place since he had to drive back to
Bangalore.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:34   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Stay away from Haute, expensive & shoddy job!
Moonraker and others looking for art leather seats in Chennai, please check out Jeewajee in Annanagar (next to Saravana Bhavan). He has a fantastic collection of Auto Form seats and he has three demo seats as well so that you can check out the fit. It looked pretty good to me.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:44   #262
BHPian

Default 877Kms covered over the weekend!

Quote:
+
If yes, hope you might have left the place yesterday prior to the problems? Finally two people died and many injured including cops.
They declared a Harthal today in kasaragode district.
Hope the situation will be under control
Quote:
Yes, he may be in his office now,after a long drive over the weekend.
However, when I have seen the news last evening, immediately I thought of Unni but
then realized that he might have already left the place since he had to drive back to
Bangalore.
Nair saab, I reached back at around 1600hrs yesterday. I left the place and see what all happened!! Jokes apart, I was thanking my stars that I didn't decide on doing a Monday morn drive back. In fact, when I had planned that the drive will be to Kasargod, I thought of catching up with you and almost send a PM asking for your mobile number. Thats when I realized that there is almost 100kms between Kannur and Kasargod!! But, next time we meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am sure Unni is back to work as the usual lazy Monday began few hours back. Good he didnt chose the Karnataka -AP boarder to 'mark his territory', I can imagine what would have happened for the whole week (considering the present political issues).

Unni, now onwards, please avoid the state boarders for your weekend drives, we have plenty of beautiful destinations within Karnataka itself.
Quote:
Hey Kumar, Unni said 'No' to the Karnataka AP boarder. Purpose is the same but according to him its One who laughs last laughs best !!!

By the way, when did Fiesta gang got this 'weakness' on the State boarders ? Unni, this time I am literally running away with life !!!
Well, I did mark my territory . My Monday morning just started and here I'm logging in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Unni@:

I laughed like anything on reading your response saying "No no no"
Yes, Shaju has a habit of brining out the best in you

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

Enjoy your trip mate, and don't forget to mark your territory
Thanks OSS. The trip was fun, but had to endure a lot of bad roads. Will post details in my ownership thread.

Few pics, hope you guys like:

Weakness for State Borders (did mark territory!!)
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn3758.jpg

Near Shakleshpur
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn3805.jpg

Yellow yellow dirty fellow!!
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn3801.jpg
Old 16th November 2009, 14:02   #263
Senior - BHPian

Good, you left Kasaragode before the trouble started.

Infact 13th morning, I sent you a message (post) (then I knew you might have already left your place), thinking that we could be able to meet somewhere - may be I could drive down -but good all went well.

How come the Kairali Ford sticker there in you car, rear bumber?
(is there a kairali ford showroom in Bangalore or did they paste it when you might have gone to them for some minor work or washing job when you last visited here?)
+
Which routing you have taken - Bangalore-mangalore-Kasaragode or via mysore (the same route now-a-days they closed for night traffic)?

Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 14:08   #264
Senior - BHPian

Unni, glad that you really enjoyed the drive. Your last pic reveals that you had a company too.

Now I feel sad that I didnt click a snap of Fiesta after returning from Kerala. It was covered in a thick layer of muck top to bottom. Its not very often you get that natural mud bath on your beauty !

Last edited by shajufx : 16th November 2009 at 14:10.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:27   #265
BHPian

Friends,

I have few observations of this car (1.4 TDCi EXI). Since I am new to this car, I may be wrong also . Please correct me if I am wrong.

When you switch off the engine, the music system also gets switched off (if it is playing). But with Ignition off condition, if you want to the play the music, you have to once again switch on the music system. No need to turn On the inginition switch.

There is a small 2-3 mm gap on the bottom side between the front windshield and its surrounding plastic beeding. (I thick you people can understand what i am saying). If the car is parked under trees in rainy or windy season, dry leaves get collected in the gap. Removing it is little difficult. I am thinking of filling this gap by pressing in a thick black thread through out the length of the bottom of front wind shield. Is ther any other better way to deal with this gap?

I feel the clutch is tad too tight in first and second gears. I dont know whether other diesel owners feel the same way. For your information, I was dring Maruti 800 before buying this car. My friends say that the clutch pressing force required will down after 1000 - 1500 kilometers. Is it so?

Regards,

CSK
Old 16th November 2009, 14:30   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Infact 13th morning, I sent you a message (post) (then I knew you might have already left your place), thinking that we could be able to meet somewhere - may be I could drive down -but good all went well.
Oh I should've PM'ed you. My bad. But, like I said, next time we meet for sure when ever I'm in that area.

Quote:
How come the Kairali Ford sticker there in you car, rear bumber?
(is there a kairali ford showroom in Bangalore or did they paste it when you might have gone to them for some minor work or washing job when you last visited here?)
I mallu, my car mallu!! Its KL 30 registered and was bought from Kairali, Ekm. All my services ( 5 of them or is it 6?) have been done at Kairali. I drive down to Kerala for service!! Just another reason!!

Quote:
Which routing you have taken - Bangalore-mangalore-Kasaragode or via mysore (the same route now-a-days they closed for night traffic)?

Thanks
I did the via Coorg route for the onward journey and for return took Mangalore route. Both routes have long stretches of real bad roads.

Quote:
Your last pic reveals that you had a company too.

Now I feel sad that I didnt click a snap of Fiesta after returning from Kerala. It was covered in a thick layer of muck top to bottom. Its not very often you get that natural mud bath on your beauty !
Yep, you guessed right Sherlock, a friend was kind enough to accompany. The pic doesnt actually bring out the dirt/dust. You should've clicked! I love dirty cars!! Now don't go about replacing "car" with anything else
Old 16th November 2009, 14:36   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I love dirty cars!! Now don't go about replacing "car" with anything else
Lol, I couldnt control my laugh, it was so loud, my wifee came to see whats happening on the PC. She saw your picture, I said "this is Unni, one who was helping us on our drive to Kerala". She said "Oh he is so young?". I was laughing my head off again, she thought it was some 70 yr old man who was giving us directions !!!
Old 16th November 2009, 14:48   #268
Senior - BHPian

@UnniWhy I asked the routing was that when I went to the mangalore airport (on august 1st)the road especially all the juctions (Nileswharam,kanhagad,kasaragode,kumbla) were inbad conditions. But the worst was the stretch from kerala border to mangalore - the total surface of the road were missing and the car (that time I was drivig a Maruti zen estillo) was making all kind of noise. And the result, 45minutes delay and I reached the airport just before the closure of the counter) How is the condition now - did they carry out some surface maintenance? or still No Road?@Shaju is still laughing - you hear that?
Old 16th November 2009, 15:20   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Lol, I couldnt control my laugh, it was so loud, my wifee came to see whats happening on the PC. She saw your picture, I said "this is Unni, one who was helping us on our drive to Kerala". She said "Oh he is so young?". I was laughing my head off again, she thought it was some 70 yr old man who was giving us directions !!!
Good to know I brought some laughs into your day!! Wonder why people have this habit of laughing when they see my pic, especially!!!

Quote:
@UnniWhy I asked the routing was that when I went to the mangalore airport (on august 1st)the road especially all the juctions (Nileswharam,kanhagad,kasaragode,kumbla) were inbad conditions. But the worst was the stretch from kerala border to mangalore - the total surface of the road were missing and the car (that time I was drivig a Maruti zen estillo) was making all kind of noise. And the result, 45minutes delay and I reached the airport just before the closure of the counter) How is the condition now - did they carry out some surface maintenance? or still No Road?@Shaju is still laughing - you hear that?
Kasargod to Managalore NH17 is a mess. If you love your car, please don't use that road often. There has been no maintanence done. If you have a Innova/Safari/Scorpio, please keep driving through that route!! Its just not meant for cars any more.

@1968chensaro: With regard to the clutch, diesel vehicles have slightly heavier clutch than petrol cars. If you feel its too tight, please try out another diesel Fiesta and check. I didn't find the clutch becoming any less tight after 1500kms or more.

Last edited by unni.ak : 16th November 2009 at 15:38. Reason: All because of 1968chensaro!!
Old 16th November 2009, 15:33   #270
Senior - BHPian

@1968chensaro Music system - You can just play it without ignition - not even inserting the key.Just open the door, press the audio ON button and there goes. It is there in all fiesta.Regarding Gap in the windshiled end - IMO,I think this gap will prevent dusts and dry leaves going inside the bonnet and stuck inside. YOu can clean it/remove the leaves which was collected in that gap by using small brush or used toothbrush?.Tight clutch - expect some reply from diesel car owners?
Closed Thread