Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2009, 21:53   #466
Senior - BHPian

Unni, the worst had to happen someday and hopefully this is the first and last time I am paying a pentalty with an official receipt. I told the inteceptor cop "Sir, this is the first time I am paying for overspeeding". He said "No problem, this is how everybody starts".

Even I have my faithful Honda Activa for my regular nearby runs. I rarely take the car without the family in it, thinking of the traffic, fuel cost etc. Today the family had to reach Rajaji Nagar to meet a visiting family member, so had no choice. Reality is, you never know the Fiesta speed unless you look at the ODO. It hits 110 kmph within no time.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:05   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Unni, the worst had to happen someday and hopefully this is the first and last time I am paying a pentalty with an official receipt. I told the inteceptor cop "Sir, this is the first time I am paying for overspeeding". He said "No problem, this is how everybody starts".
Ah a smart cop eh. He must've been thoroughly enjoying it. But then, yeah lets hope that this is the last time you get a ticket for some penalty.

Quote:
Even I have my faithful Honda Activa for my regular nearby runs. I rarely take the car without the family in it, thinking of the traffic, fuel cost etc. Today the family had to reach Rajaji Nagar to meet a visiting family member, so had no choice. Reality is, you never know the Fiesta speed unless you look at the ODO. It hits 110 kmph within no time.
, same case with me, car only for family requirements or if its raining!!! And with mine being a KL reg, I've to really be a good boy on the road
Old 25th November 2009, 22:39   #468
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how many of you guys had a look at sathee46's new muffler. Take a look at the videos. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...m-muffler.html (Review: Evotion Titanium muffler)
Old 25th November 2009, 22:42   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
And with mine being a KL reg, I've to really be a good boy on the road
Couldnt agree more ! Many have told me the same thing. When you have a rub-up with someone on road, its the registration that matters the most. I dont know the psychology behind it, but its true. My bro-in-law's skoda is KL-5 and its on bangalore roads since 5 yrs. He knows 6 languages very well too, but when it comes to on-road issues with anybody else, everything goes haywire. Once he was stopped by some moron for no mistake of his, the other guy took a stone from the road and scratched skoda side panel very badly, he had to give it for a paint job !

So, he got really really fed up and bought his 7 series KA registerd last year. Now nobody even dares to stare at him. So, its all true !

I was very careful when I was driving in Kerala 20 days back, because I know anyone would pile on me looking at the KA registration. Its mass psychology, very weird.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:46   #470

[quote=nairrk;1570226]ALL FIESTA OWNERS QUIRIES SHARE YOUR EXPERTISE HERE

DTE- Distance To Empty, some cases this may be near accurate but do not believe it 100pct.

I heard from a Ford engineer that the Fiesta DTE learns the driving patterns to show a more accurate DTE value and refreshes the calculation strategy every 1000kms or so. Pretty cool if its fully true !!
Old 25th November 2009, 23:19   #471
BHPian

Hey senjimbhp let me be the first to welcome you to the club. With respect to DTE i am not sure if it would learn from driving patterns to show an accurate reading, but to show the reading it takes the driving pattern into consideration and then displays the numbers. I have tested it and the number varies when i drive sedately on the same road with the same amount fuel and when i rip the vehicle the reading changes. But when you stop the car switch off and on again the reading changes.

I did read in one of the fiesta threads that there might be a software upgrade which can be done to have a accurate DTE reading, i can search for it and post it. But not sure if someone had already done it.

@speedkrish: I thought i was the only one who is getting 10KMPL in city, happy to see company.

Last edited by Moonraker : 25th November 2009 at 23:21.
Old 26th November 2009, 01:46   #472
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
@frankmehta, can i have your experience of mileage on 1.6S, and i would request some more Bhpians to comment on the mileage part of S as compared to SXI, i hope their wont be much of a difference because i drive normally between 50 -70 KMPH

I'm getting 9 kmpl while driving in the city and around 12 kmpl on the highway. This is with 100% AC and most of the time she hovers between 2200-3000rpm
Old 26th November 2009, 10:08   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+
Eveny if you had to pay some money, you enjoyed the cop's reply (''No problem, this is how everybody starts'') . The guy had a good sense of humour
Old 26th November 2009, 10:13   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Shaju. Bad luck.

I try my best not to take car out for runs in the city. All that will change shortly though. Have a bike which I use mostly. But a 60kmph speed limit, weird.
+
Unni - You are right, I too always use my scooter (Kinetic flyte now mahindra flyte) for all town shopping and short route travels. Car only for long drive and also with family drive.

Yes, when you drive a car with TN or KA or any other registration in kerala, there wont be much problem from the cops as kerala is the lowest road tax among above states. Whereas a KL regn car in those states means you are sure of getting ticket from the cops

Be careful !
Old 26th November 2009, 10:27   #475
Senior - BHPian

I was very careful when I was driving in Kerala 20 days back, because I know anyone would pile on me looking at the KA registration. Its mass psychology, very weird. [/quote]
++
Shaju - 2 years back, I used to drive my TN registered Hyundai Accent here and the car was with me for almost 4 months. Even many time I drove past the cops who were checking vehicles but never ever bothered to stop my car. Ofcourse I used to drive in courage because I was having a DL issued at chennai and Visiting card with Chennai address, so I can tell the cop that I am a peremenant resident of chennai and came to kerala for vacation.
IMO, in kerala cops are not that serious on other state Regn vehicles as they know that no one will go to karnataka or Tamil nadu to buy a car by paying almost double the road tax (in kerala it is only 6%) and use the car in kerala. But if a cop see you regularly then he may catch you for not transferring the registration.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:32   #476
Senior - BHPian

Nairsab, I was not talking about the cops at all. Worst that can happen with a cop is just few hundreds, nothing more than that, and you are allowed to go. All whatever I typed related to other state registration is about the local drivers acting funny with outside cars or vehicles. All the respect and basic human behaviour changes when you are in trouble with a local driver outside your home state of registration. Hope I am not confusing anyone. Its OT too, sorry for deviating from the main subject.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:32   #477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yes, it's available as an accessory. It costs 12K. 4.5K more than the regular one.
what about the Full Sporty body kit of 1.6S, is it also available at ford dealership for other models?
Old 26th November 2009, 11:49   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what about the Full Sporty body kit of 1.6S, is it also available at ford dealership for other models?
+
Are you trying to buy SXi and then convert into S ?
Better buy S only?
Old 26th November 2009, 13:50   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. It's not officially available, but I am sure the dealer can do it for you if pushed. If you put the body kit on the SXi, you need to upgrade the tires to stock S size of 195/55/R15 as well, as the stock SXi tires wil look puny and weird with the body kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Are you trying to buy SXi and then convert into S ?
Better buy S only?
I think he wants the looks of the S, but the softer ride of the SXi.
Old 26th November 2009, 17:15   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Couldnt agree more ! Many have told me the same thing. When you have a rub-up with someone on road,...... took a stone from the road and scratched skoda side panel very badly, he had to give it for a paint job !

So, he got really really fed up and bought his 7 series KA registerd last year. Now nobody even dares to stare at him. So, its all true !
I was involved in such an incident of road-rage. Thankfuly nothing went out of hand, still was a major learning for me. I've become a much more peaceful driver now. Oh and by the way, when are we getting together with your bro-in-law!!! Skoda, BMW, not bad Shaju chetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Unni - You are right, I too always use my scooter (Kinetic flyte now mahindra flyte) for all town shopping and short route travels. Car only for long drive and also with family drive.
Thats the best thing to do. Saves time and keep your BP normal.
Closed Thread