Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 28th November 2009, 00:28   #511
BHPian

Thanks. So we can't go for the frames. Is there any other way we can hide the screws? Or maybe not use screws at all & use plenty of 3M double-sided tape instead? I guess the tape won't be able to hang on to the plate for too long, will it?
Old 28th November 2009, 09:00   #512
BANNED

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
The car dealers normally give more discount in the month of december to show the sales record before year end. Such discount may not be availalable during January. And if they get any indication that the prices are going to be increased, then they will play the game accordingly.

So you have to see what is the benefit (discount/freebies) being offered by the dealer for december sales.?

Alternatively, you can have a deal with the dealer that booking can be confirmed before end december( with all discounts/freebies as of a decemebr delivery), but you need the car registered only in January 2010.
So in RC the car purchased/registered in Jan 2010?

Think it - you still have plenty of time in hand
the dealer is offering a discount of 50k as a Special Pricing to Corporates, and are not willing to give even a mud flap after that, as per them the billing will be done by ford directly.
lets see if something good happens after 3 days!

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 28th November 2009 at 09:01. Reason: spelling edit
Old 28th November 2009, 10:48   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Incidentally that was the 500th Post of this thread. What better person to post here than the man who started it all himself!
Well done, NairRk! This is one of my favourite threads on team-bhp!!
Thanks for your appreciation

This thread has grown up very fast (500 + posts) because of the equal contribution from all fiestans like you having different knowledge on cars.
Lets keep the good work going and give more and more informations so that many new car buyers will benefit. Why I myself learning something new daily from this post !

Cheers to everyone
Old 28th November 2009, 10:51   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
the dealer is offering a discount of 50k as a Special Pricing to Corporates, and are not willing to give even a mud flap after that, as per them the billing will be done by ford directly.
+

Rs.50k excluding Insurance? or this amount includes insurance(insurance is free offer from FORD).
if the discount is Rs.50k plus free insurance (which comes to total benefit around Rs.67/68k) seem worth trying,imo.
Old 28th November 2009, 10:54   #515
BANNED

Unhappy

Quote:
+

Rs.50k excluding Insurance? or this amount includes insurance(insurance is free offer from FORD).
if the discount is Rs.50k plus free insurance (which comes to total benefit around Rs.67/68k) seem worth trying,imo.
No Free insurance, He said that after 50K discount they wont even give a single penny freebie, is the insurance free offer currently offered by FOrd or the dealers, i have queried the same but there is no such offer available except the corporate one.
Old 28th November 2009, 10:57   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Let's add some spice now.

WHO is going to be brave and adventurous to order this?????

Diesel Tuning Box for Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi 68 PS-BHP / 160 Nm by CHIP Express™

I would have bought it eyes closed if I owned a diesel! Oh, the joys of chipping a diesel!! :-(

EDIT: SHipping is cheap @ Rs. 2500.
++
Its looks very great but expensive too ( 395 pounds + shipping)?
Now, as you said, some one has to try this one

Is there any forum members willing lay their hands on it?
Old 28th November 2009, 11:40   #517
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
No Free insurance, He said that after 50K discount they wont even give a single penny freebie, is the insurance free offer currently offered by FOrd or the dealers, i have queried the same but there is no such offer available except the corporate one.
I got a company discount as well and no freebies except floor mats. I did get the insurance done by myself and saved some money in the process.
Would advise that you express your desire to get the insurance done by yourself at the very end of your negotiations (once all the additional accessories have been discussed and agreed upon) - remember dealers have a cut in the insurance as well.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:06   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjimbhp View Post
Agree on warranty; I've experienced in my cusin's 1.6sxi that the 15inch wheels & tyres don't give a responsive steering that normal sxi gives with 14inch wheels. I beleive the 'S' has a re-tuned steering to suit 15inch alloys. Also the dealer said 'S' has a different steering rack than normal fiesta.
That is the right. The S has a different steering rack. Running 15 inch wheels on the SXi will make the steering rather heavy.

Quote:
Take the 50K cash discount. Get the insurance done from outside. Lowest I have heard is 19K for the 1.6. Dealer will quote 28K if you buy from him.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:39   #519
BANNED

the insurance quoted by the dealer is around 18k only, so not an issue, lets wait for the December discounts if any
Old 28th November 2009, 12:43   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the insurance quoted by the dealer is around 18k only, so not an issue, lets wait for the December discounts if any
I too was waiting for the Nov offers after I made the booking in the last week of Oct. The dealer agreed to pass along the Nov offer if it was lower than Oct's. But there were no new offers in Nov as Ford launched the ZXi Leather as a 'mega offer'. Hope you have better luck.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:55   #521
BANNED

thanks,
the only deviation against S is the interiors, i currently own a Wagon R which also has a dark interiors somewhat as that of S, whereas the SXi has a completely new twin shade color design
Old 28th November 2009, 12:56   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
So the total benefit or discount will be around Rs.32k?
Not a bad bargain, but still you have time to see whats going to happen next week.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:58   #523
BANNED

Quote:
+
So the total benefit or discount will be around Rs.32k?
Not a bad bargain, but still you have time to see whats going to happen next week.
Yes, it will be around the same as they offer for corporates,
Old 28th November 2009, 13:17   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
++

I cannot understand how some dealers declaring that NO free Insurance from Ford.

Please see below, an ad published in local newspaper 3 days back:

Name:  nature 019.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  58.7 KB

Still they are offering:

=Free Insurance
=Exchange bonus
=Loyalty bonus
=mp3 player (for new Ikon)

This ad is from ford dealer in calicut and kannur.
However, I feel this offer may be applicable to all Ford dealers in india
and not just for dealers in Kerala?
Old 28th November 2009, 16:32   #525
BANNED

correct, this ad is also there in our local newspaper, but will they be giving an additional discount of insurance apart from the corporate one or there will be only one discount prevailing
Closed Thread