Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2009, 18:16   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
That is very well true, and i would like to know that is it required to pay the full amount if we go for a corporate booking of fiesta or can retain some money,
any experience?
Dealer asked me to make the payment in full
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hey Popo, SXI is very much there. If you want airbags on your fiesta, SXI and S are the only options. 'Premium' is a word that is used every now and then by Ford on all variants according the festivals and season. It was EXI premium couple of months back sold with music system and few other extra accessories for a discount. Then it was the new SXI with chrome all over the possible areas, which is still in the market. Now its ZXI sold as premium because you get leather seats and some chrome touches here and there. I think Ford is using the word 'premium' whenever they get some extra shipment of chrome, so that is applied somewhere on some variant and launched as NEW.

I think I missed on some post where Ruchir specified what he is booking. ZXI or SXI but what confuses me is why SXI ?
the cost of SXI and SXI premium according to recollection was almost same.
I agree that the small modifications are being called by ford but the SXI premium was really worth it as
It had alloys and Leather upholstery which actually made it all the more worth it. the chrome was just some aesthetics which do not really matter when one looks at a larger picture.

Ruchir I strongly recomend SXI premium than SXI if this is what you have decided to go with.
Old 5th December 2009, 18:49   #662
Senior - BHPian

Popo, there is nothing called SXi premium any more. It's just SXi and it is nothing but the SXi premium. Ford has called it 'premium' when they first introduced the leather, chrome and alloys.
Old 5th December 2009, 19:28   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Popo, there is nothing called SXi premium any more. It's just SXi and it is nothing but the SXi premium. Ford has called it 'premium' when they first introduced the leather, chrome and alloys.
i think i got it now.
So SXI now has the alloys and the chrome ovrm etc.
For Ruchir I would say if his budget allows him then he should opt for the SXI.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:02   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
Guys,
Which sun film is best, 3M or LLumar within the RTO specified tint range and the expected price range for these.
Any specific models to go for within these two. Also please suggest good dealers in chennai for both these. I checked with Haute Car Zone in OMR, the do the LLumar, I want to check the 3M dealers as well.
For 3M you can visit Balaji Enterprises near SIET college Nandanam. He is the distributor for 3M in Chennai and the rates would work out cheaper than GP road. I got mine done from him. Fellow members Nitrous & Phoneix have got their sun films from him and he is real good in doing his job.

PS: MPL Ford gets the 3M done from him

LLumar would be costlier than 3M.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:58   #665
Senior - BHPian

Stronghold, if you want the very best film, go for V Kool. But it's very expensive. 3M is good. Mine was done by Balaji through MPL. They did the paint protection as well.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:38   #666
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
i think i got it now.
So SXI now has the alloys and the chrome ovrm etc.
For Ruchir I would say if his budget allows him then he should opt for the SXI.
I am going for sxi only with white color.
Old 6th December 2009, 08:44   #667
Senior - BHPian

Default Test drive experience

Took a Fiesta 1.6 SXi for test drive yesterday. Stood on the brake at 120 Kms/hr and it didn't stop in a straight line. This hasn't happened in two other 1.4 SXis I have driven extensively.

I have never driven a 1.6 Fiesta before. What could be the reason for the unstable posture during hard braking? I've asked for another 1.6 for test drive before I sign the dotted line.
Old 6th December 2009, 09:25   #668
BHPian

Check out Jeremy's Extreme Fiesta road test. Loved the shopping centre and the marines scenes. A well shot review.

Old 6th December 2009, 09:43   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Took a Fiesta 1.6 SXi for test drive yesterday. Stood on the brake at 120 Kms/hr and it didn't stop in a straight line. This hasn't happened in two other 1.4 SXis I have driven extensively.

I have never driven a 1.6 Fiesta before. What could be the reason for the unstable posture during hard braking? I've asked for another 1.6 for test drive before I sign the dotted line.
Must be wheel alignment and balancing in your TD car. The Fiesta is rock solid while braking.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:06   #670
BHPian

@Moonraker/@Gilead, Can you please let me know the exact location and contact number for this Balaji Enterprise if any of you knew it.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:29   #671
Senior - BHPian

Stronghold, I don't have Balaji's phone number as the 3M services were arranged by MPL. The sunfilm and detailing was done at the MPL service center. Get in touch with MPL and they will be able to help you.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:32   #672
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Check out Jeremy's Extreme Fiesta road test. Loved the shopping centre and the marines scenes. A well shot review.
Especially when he crosses the British Home Store
Old 6th December 2009, 10:36   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

+
have not seen any such braking complaint from any fieastans?
Since the car you driven being TD car, the problem might have occured due to wheel alignment error?
Old 6th December 2009, 11:10   #674
BHPian

@stronghold,
Shri Balaji Agencies 044-24315317, Service Advisor Mr. Sekar - 97107-86147.

Location - Just opposite to SIET college, Teynampet, Seethamal Extn.
Old 6th December 2009, 11:12   #675
BHPian

In comparison with Ford Ikon which we previously owned, I find ride in the Fiesta (1.4) a bit on the harsher side. The bumps and irregulaities on the road are being felt quite well by the driver and co passengers in the cabin. The Fiesta running on stock tyres for info. Guys, anyone here with experiences on both Ikon and Fiesta, did u feel the difference in the ride between the two. Thanks
Closed Thread