Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2009, 13:48   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Must be wheel alignment and balancing in your TD car. The Fiesta is rock solid while braking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
have not seen any such braking complaint from any fieastans?
Since the car you driven being TD car, the problem might have occured due to wheel alignment error?
Thanks guys. A friend would be arranging a 1.6 for me to drive tomorrow. Let me check it out!
Old 6th December 2009, 15:02   #677
BHPian

Thanks for the info @sanjayc and @gilead. I will check it out.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:40   #678
Senior - BHPian

@kiku007

Noted that you are trying to TD a 1.6 S.
Hope you will not get any braking problem as felt in the previous TD cars.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:42   #679
BANNED

Does the car gets registered as soon as we make the payment to the dealer, and one thing more,
Has anyone of you thought of going for the Front Number plate design as of aveo or civic, if possible how can be done with ford, do they provide such a Number plate structure
Old 6th December 2009, 18:18   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Does the car gets registered as soon as we make the payment to the dealer, and one thing more,
Has anyone of you thought of going for the Front Number plate design as of aveo or civic, if possible how can be done with ford, do they provide such a Number plate structure
Typically the dealer registers the car the day after he has received full payment. The dealer will install a regular plate only. You can get a plate of your choice fitted in the after market shops. Just ensure the size and lettering complies with the RTO rules. Really fancy ones with a small font are sometimes singled out for harassment by the cops.
Old 6th December 2009, 18:24   #681
Senior - BHPian

One more pointer. Just in case you were braking hard in a Fiesta S on a bumpy road, do not expect it brake in a straight line. The suspension is stiffer, steering is direct and the feedback from the road is really really good, so you are not going to stop in a straight line unless you keep a firm grip on the steering wheel.
Well, just in case you DID hold the wheel, and the road was relatively good, there is no 2 ways that the Fiesta will stop dead straight without drama. Have tried it a couple of times on the test-drive car. (Thankfully) not got a chance to do it on my Fi.
Old 6th December 2009, 19:11   #682
BHPian

Quote:
I am going for sxi only with white color.
Good choice Although I've a black Fiesta, I love the white.
Old 6th December 2009, 20:07   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
One more pointer. Just in case you were braking hard in a Fiesta S on a bumpy road, do not expect it brake in a straight line. The suspension is stiffer, steering is direct and the feedback from the road is really really good, so you are not going to stop in a straight line unless you keep a firm grip on the steering wheel.
Well, just in case you DID hold the wheel, and the road was relatively good, there is no 2 ways that the Fiesta will stop dead straight without drama. Have tried it a couple of times on the test-drive car. (Thankfully) not got a chance to do it on my Fi.
I TDed a 1.6 SXi and drove it on a very good road! As few of them have suggested it could be a issue with the wheel alignment/balancing.

Anyways I have given my feedback for the TD car as bad and reason as, "Unstable during hard braking". Having driven a Ford for 5+ years and having driven friend's Fiesta 1.4 extensively (City and highway) I was very sad with the TD car.
Old 6th December 2009, 20:53   #684
BANNED

If i need a VIP Registration number then what is the procedure even if the regn of car is done by the dealer.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:24   #685
BHPian

Quote:
If i need a VIP Registration number then what is the procedure even if the regn of car is done by the dealer.
What do you mean by VIP registration number? Once the RTA assigns your car a number, I am not sure if the same can be changed.

Here in AP, one can visit the RTA and pre-book a number, usually by bidding for it depending on rules governed by the state government. Once a number has been booked, the person is given 15 days time to produce the vehicle for registration failing which the number is alloted to someone else.

I tried looking for information regarding bidding, reserving a number in UP from this site[http://www.uptransport.org/] but I could not locate the information.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:59   #686
Senior - BHPian

If it's in the current running series, you can get any number by paying 8K. If more than one person wants the same number, there is an auction. I have heard of some numbers being auctioned for lakhs. The dealer will usually know the procedure.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:10   #687
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
What do you mean by VIP registration number? Once the RTA assigns your car a number, I am not sure if the same can be changed.

Here in AP, one can visit the RTA and pre-book a number, usually by bidding for it depending on rules governed by the state government. Once a number has been booked, the person is given 15 days time to produce the vehicle for registration failing which the number is alloted to someone else.

I tried looking for information regarding bidding, reserving a number in UP from this site[http://www.uptransport.org/] but I could not locate the information.
thanks for the efforts, i need to check with the dealer for getting me a special number.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:43   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
VIP Number - fancy number?

Here in kerala, you can select a number within 250 numbers from the latest allotted number. Rs.2000 is the fees for this special number. YOu have to apply this number in the prescribed form alongwith address proof of yours. If more than one application for the same number then it will go for action and the highest bidder will get the number. Once the number is allotted it has 3 months validity and within that time you have to buy a vehicle and register otherwise you will lose the number and the money paid.

This fees structure and terms will be different in other states.
You have to check with your RTO (incase they have a website you will get this information on line)

Quote:
+
Once you pay the full amount, it is of your interest also to take delivery of the car as early as possible either with Temp registration or Final Registration which either the dealer will do or you can do on your own (if you have time to spend in the RTO office).

Each car has a space for the number in front and rear and the number plate has to be made accordingly (you cannot fit a unsized number plate).
Some dealer deliver the car with number plate, but most dont do. You can order this number plate for which normally you need not to take the car instead you can tell them that it is for fiesta (they well aware the size and design of each cars). Once the number is ready you can take the car to their shop who will fix it in the car.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:56.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:23   #689
BHPian

Default How does your Beast go to sleep?

I had this Question which comes to my mind every time I switch off the ignition. But I forget it as either I have reached my home/work and some other thoughts override this Question.

When I switch off my car it does not just go to sleep quitely. I feel a slight shudder and some slight rattle (not too conspicuous but it exists). Is this normal? I know the fan might be still on. But this rattle is not the usual fan whirrr sound. Also the car shudders vibrates like a shiver ran its spine .

another Question about the clutch - Should the Clutch move sideways or other ways (apart from the pressed and released motion). I dont mean a lot of play. but a minute movement.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:31   #690
Senior - BHPian

Engine sleep - so far I didnt experience such, but when you say this, need to check on this specifically.

Re clutch moving sideways- Same as above.
But it may be possible if you press the clutch from sideways (exactaly not a top /middle push), there are chances that it may slightly move either way depending on the pressure you putting in? All depends one's driving style !
Closed Thread