Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 09:14   #706
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

one thing i noticed yesterday while doing a TD of fiesta,
once the engine gets off in the middle of drive, we have to switch off the ignition and start again, it does not happen with other cars, where the car can be started just by pulling the keys forward again and not by first setting it back and then starting it all over again.
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 09:21   #707
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
one thing i noticed yesterday while doing a TD of fiesta,
once the engine gets off in the middle of drive, we have to switch off the ignition and start again, it does not happen with other cars, where the car can be started just by pulling the keys forward again and not by first setting it back and then starting it all over again.
Thats the double cranking protection, Most of the cars have it.
netarchie is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 09:42   #708
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
I also do 30-45 seconds idling till the RPM drops less than 1k before switching off.

Question: Should we switch off the engine at traffic signals? I've also read in this forum that the engine should not be swtiched on & off too often (mine is 1.4 Zxi). In Bangalore, average waiting time at a signal during peak hours is anywhere between 2-4 minutes (or even more at times)
+

Car manufacturers recommend to switch off the engine if the stop time
(at traffic signals or elsewhere) is more than one minute?
It is only for saving the fuel consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
one thing i noticed yesterday while doing a TD of fiesta,
once the engine gets off in the middle of drive, we have to switch off the ignition and start again, it does not happen with other cars, where the car can be started just by pulling the keys forward again and not by first setting it back and then starting it all over again.
+
yes, it happend to me also when I drove the car first time and I was little nervous why it is happening. Then I clarified this with my dealer who confirmed that this kind of programming is there in the modern cars.
(When I was taking delivery, the dealer guy explained so many things about the car and its operation but missed about this important point.)

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:56.
nairrk is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 10:36   #709
BHPian
 
Rastapopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 215
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
yes, it happend to me also when I drove the car first time and I was little nervous why it is happening. Then I clarified this with my dealer who confirmed that this kind of programming is there in the modern cars.
(When I was taking delivery, the dealer guy explained so many things about the car and its operation but missed about this important point.)
Ditto
I was furious on why the car wont start while the cars behind me started honking like crazy. I somehow did not realise how i got it to start in the panicky mode. After a couple of times I realised the issue and talked to the dealer to find out how it works.
Rastapopoulos is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 10:41   #710
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Has anybody gone for TMP of fiesta, i have heard of EW which i am planning for fiesta but what about Total Maintenance Plan
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 10:43   #711
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Everyone,

I plan to become a part of this Fiesta club very shortly as i am planning to book one very shortly. Couple of queries that i wanted to ask you guys here.

I am planning to buy ZXI limited edition model, however, the dealer here in Indore has very limited color choice. Only white and silver available at the moment. I am not at all in a hurry but would like to make the most of the current offer (I am being offered 61K cash discount). Dealer says he does not have any other color and won't be able to offer other color this month either. Just want to make sure they are simply not pushing me into this deal even though they can easily arrange a color of my choice.

Additionally dealer says ZXI limited edition only comes with those grey black leather interiors and not the beige ones, is this true?

No accessories apart from the floor mats being offered. Do you think i should push for them too? or this cash discount is good enough?

Also does anyone of you have an idea if this cash discount is being controlled by the dealer or Ford itself? the reason i am asking is dealer says they are offering it and they are not offering this discount on Ex-Showroom price. Free insurance is also a part of this deal for which they ofcourse are charging higher then what i would get outside. If this cash discount is offered on Ex-Showroom price i most certainly would save additional 5-10K.
rouheet is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 11:09   #712
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

What is this TMP covers for and the cost for such coverage?
My dealer never told any such plan.

Also as per ford manual only it is mentiones as
1- 24 months new vehicle warranty i.e 1lakh km or 24 months whichever comes first
2- 2 year EW i.e 3rd and 4th year or 1.5lakh km whichever comes first.

Besides above, if you are going for TMP what does it covers other than the above
4 year or 1.5L km warranty?
nairrk is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 11:28   #713
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
Additionally dealer says ZXI limited edition only comes with those grey black leather interiors and not the beige ones, is this true? .
Whatever newspaper ads I have seen so far shows a beige leather interior for the ZXI limited edition. I have never seen a grey or black leather as stock from any ford variants as far as the face-lifted (head light upgrade since over an year) version is concerned.

When it comes to the colour choices, dealer is trying to clear off what he has in his stockyard, so dont hurry, chose your colour and go for it. I wanted only Morello, first my dealer said the delivery was possible in 10 days, then it became 20 days, atlast 30 days. But I was very adament with my colour choice, so didnt budge. Once you take the delivery, there is nothing you can do about the colour. So dont follow the dealer advise, follow your mind and heart.
shajufx is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 12:02   #714
BHPian
 
kalyan_hyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 361
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
I plan to become a part of this Fiesta club very shortly as i am planning to book one very shortly. Couple of queries that i wanted to ask you guys here.
Great, the Team-BHP Fiesta owners list is growing by leaps and bounds now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
I am planning to buy ZXI limited edition model, however, the dealer here in Indore has very limited color choice. Only white and silver available at the moment. I am not at all in a hurry but would like to make the most of the current offer (I am being offered 61K cash discount). Dealer says he does not have any other color and won't be able to offer other color this month either. Just want to make sure they are simply not pushing me into this deal even though they can easily arrange a color of my choice.
I think the dealer has those two colors in stock and is pushing for them. About delivery of another color this month, the dealer could be right as this new offer is working out pretty good, the Ford Chennai HO might be busy with dispatches all over India and the delivery might be delayed.

Is there only one dealer in your area? Are other cities like Bhopal, etc nearby? If you are comfortable purchasing from another place in MP itself, do ask those dealers for color availability of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
Additionally dealer says ZXI limited edition only comes with those grey black leather interiors and not the beige ones, is this true?
Well, in Hyderabad, my dealer just confirmed me that the color of the leather interiors is dark beige[a shade or two darker than that in SXi models].

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
No accessories apart from the floor mats being offered. Do you think i should push for them too? or this cash discount is good enough?
Thats pretty much the same here, since we are being offered such a huge cash discount, they are not providing any other accessories. But, there's no harm in pushing them a little further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
Also does anyone of you have an idea if this cash discount is being controlled by the dealer or Ford itself? the reason i am asking is dealer says they are offering it and they are not offering this discount on Ex-Showroom price. Free insurance is also a part of this deal for which they ofcourse are charging higher then what i would get outside. If this cash discount is offered on Ex-Showroom price i most certainly would save additional 5-10K.
Its definitely controlled by Ford [look here www.india.ford.com/]. But, it does say conditions applied and limited stocks available. Again, I just confirmed this from my dealer, he says the discount of Rs 60,000.00 is on the ex-showroom price of the Ford Fiesta 1.6 duratec ZXi model. So, we would end up saving some road tax as well as it is calculated out of the ex-showroom price. And one can get the insurance done outside to save further.
kalyan_hyd is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 12:59   #715
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

@rouheet

Nice to see your decision to buy a Fiesta.

Like @Shajufx said, I have not seen any ZXi with grey black leather interior?
So you have to be careful on this.

On the particular colour - it seems that the dealer is trying to push you with whatever cars already lying in his yard, because they know the discount is such high the people will definitely go for whatever colour they show.

As suggested by @kalyan hyd - you may check if any other dealer available nearby your place (even if it is little far away from your place)? it worth trying/checking with another dealer?
nairrk is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 13:27   #716
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
What is this TMP covers for and the cost for such coverage?
My dealer never told any such plan.

Also as per ford manual only it is mentiones as
1- 24 months new vehicle warranty i.e 1lakh km or 24 months whichever comes first
2- 2 year EW i.e 3rd and 4th year or 1.5lakh km whichever comes first.

Besides above, if you are going for TMP what does it covers other than the above
4 year or 1.5L km warranty?
This is mentioned in the Ford Site: india.ford.com
here you will find TMP and SSP both, I too will query the same from the dealer when i will visit him next and will keep posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
Hi Everyone,

I plan to become a part of this Fiesta club very shortly as i am planning to book one very shortly. Couple of queries that i wanted to ask you guys here.

I am planning to buy ZXI limited edition model, however, the dealer here in Indore has very limited color choice. Only white and silver available at the moment. I am not at all in a hurry but would like to make the most of the current offer (I am being offered 61K cash discount). Dealer says he does not have any other color and won't be able to offer other color this month either. Just want to make sure they are simply not pushing me into this deal even though they can easily arrange a color of my choice.

Additionally dealer says ZXI limited edition only comes with those grey black leather interiors and not the beige ones, is this true?

No accessories apart from the floor mats being offered. Do you think i should push for them too? or this cash discount is good enough?

Also does anyone of you have an idea if this cash discount is being controlled by the dealer or Ford itself? the reason i am asking is dealer says they are offering it and they are not offering this discount on Ex-Showroom price. Free insurance is also a part of this deal for which they ofcourse are charging higher then what i would get outside. If this cash discount is offered on Ex-Showroom price i most certainly would save additional 5-10K.
These are few of my observations which i would like to share, may be it is of use to you,

1. Discount in the month of December is maximum and you wont find the same in Jan 2010 and that too if you are planning for Leather ZXI
2. Colors are always subject to availability, if the dealer is saying not available there are 90% chances that the color is really no there
3. ZXI do not comes with beige combination, it is only available with SXI
4. Cash discount is controlled by Ford only, if it is a individual discount then the dealer has got some margin which he gives in form of freebies, but if you go for Corporate discount then the dealer wont give a single penny as it will be a "Special Billing"

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:55.
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 13:31   #717
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,270
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

TMP is a rip-off. I've answered queries on this on other threads. Please go through my Long-term ownership thread to get an idea of maintenance costs for the 1.6 petrol model.

Compare it with the rates of the TMP and you will decide to let go of that idea.
vnabhi is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 14:03   #718
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Has anybody gone for TMP of fiesta, i have heard of EW which i am planning for fiesta but what about Total Maintenance Plan
Like vnabhi has said, TMP is a rip off. Even the sales guy adviced against it. You are essentially paying them all your maintenance costs upfront. Why would a sane person do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
I am planning to buy ZXI limited edition model, however, the dealer here in Indore has very limited color choice. Only white and silver available at the moment.
Dealer is trying to get rid of existing stock. Try another dealer if available. Also check with Ford if the discount is valid if you make the booking now and take delivery of the color of your choice when it does become available.
Quote:
Additionally dealer says ZXI limited edition only comes with those grey black leather interiors and not the beige ones, is this true?
It's definitely beige. I think the dealer is trying to push some really old stock of the ZXi which used to come in black/grey
Quote:
No accessories apart from the floor mats being offered. Do you think i should push for them too? or this cash discount is good enough?
They usually don't give anything else when the cash discount is high. But you can try your luck.
Quote:
Free insurance is also a part of this deal for which they ofcourse are charging higher then what i would get outside. If this cash discount is offered on Ex-Showroom price i most certainly would save additional 5-10K.
No luck for you here. I have tried it as well. They will not give you the 28K insurance as cash discount if you take insurance for 18K outside.
Gilead is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 15:07   #719
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

@ruchirtnt

ZXi do come with beige interior.
Please see below:

Photograph taken on my car (1.6ZXi)

Name:  fiesta 014.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  fiesta 015.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  39.1 KB
nairrk is offline  
Old 8th December 2009, 15:14   #720
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

then how come @rouheet is getting Grey black interiors, frankly i have not seen any other fiesta except SXI, so thought that there is some difference in the interiors.
ruchirtnt is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here PAVAN KADAM Shifting gears 2879 26th October 2016 18:06
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51
All Laura Owners and Accord Owners, Please stand up personified Sedans 9 11th December 2008 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks