Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2009, 10:31   #811
BHPian

Yday, the MPL guy gave a call on my mobile at 9:30PM..can u believe it! I deliberately did not pick up the call. He sent an SMS post that he has spoken to his management and will give a further good offer. Today morning just now he called.

He says that MPL will give an upfront 10K discount under the exchange bonus. Since I have a 2003 Ikon (22K mileage till date), for which I am getting an offer of appx 1.65K whereas my expectation was around 200K..hence in a dilemna if I should sell the Ikon or transfer it my brother who is in Kolkata.

The MPL guy now says even if I do not sell the Ikon, he will give the 10K exchange discount upfront itself, if I provide him the Ikon RC certificate..seems like they will hoodwink FORD somehow and extract the same. On top of that, the 5350/- loyalty bonus also remains.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:39   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Yday, the MPL guy gave a call on my mobile at 9:30PM..can u believe it! I deliberately did not pick up the call. He sent an SMS post that he has spoken to his management and will give a further good offer. Today morning just now he called.

He says that MPL will give an upfront 10K discount under the exchange bonus. Since I have a 2003 Ikon (22K mileage till date), for which I am getting an offer of appx 1.65K whereas my expectation was around 200K..hence in a dilemna if I should sell the Ikon or transfer it my brother who is in Kolkata.

The MPL guy now says even if I do not sell the Ikon, he will give the 10K exchange discount upfront itself, if I provide him the Ikon RC certificate..seems like they will hoodwink FORD somehow and extract the same. On top of that, the 5350/- loyalty bonus also remains.
+
Please note that Rs.10000 exchange bonus is again an offer from FORD.
It was there when I bought my car. The system is like (not necessary you own a ford vehicle and sell the car to ford dealer only), sell your old car to any one but give them the copies of both RC's i.e the one which has got your name and the one transferred to the buyer's name. In some cases dealer pay the rs10k upfront and in some case these documents(RC copies) will be forwarded to Ford who will then send the cheque directly to the customer.
(it may take about 2 months time).
Old 11th December 2009, 10:53   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Updated List (the list growing daily - year end purchase?)
+

Owner list:

66. Souravdebiswas--- 1.6--- S
67. marlinspake ------- 1.6--- S
68. Anuj G------------ 1.6--- S

Booked and waiting for delivery:

1-ruchirtnt -----1.6 ----SXi
2-rpmx1000 ----1.6-----ZXi
3-sanjayc ----- 1.6-----SXi
4-kiku007 ------1.6-----ZXi
5-rouheet------ 1.6-----ZXi

anyone else?
Thanks for the wonderfull thread and keeping track of the owners list

First thing people ask me when I say I have booked a petrol is - Why not the diesel? Reasons are beaten to death. But I see so many petrols in the new list..coz the discounts?
Old 11th December 2009, 11:00   #814
BHPian

^^^ Got It! Thanks.

Called up Chennai Ford before I saw your last post ..they repeated what you said. Only difference is MPL is willing to give the 10K upfront but CF wants to go thru the normal cheque route.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:04   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^ Got It! Thanks.

Called up Chennai Ford before I saw your last post ..they repeated what you said. Only difference is MPL is willing to give the 10K upfront but CF wants to go thru the normal cheque route.
+
Take the money in advance so your present outgoing will be less rs.10000/- (as told you FORD may take close to 2 months after they recieve the RC copies).

However see from whom you can get the best benefit and decide.

@kiku007

imo, it is not the discount matter., but people mainly consider the usage.
If your usage (daily driving) is less,then always go for petrol. More driving then better go for diesel car.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:42.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:11   #816
BHPian

Hey! include me in the list, I am new to this thread!

Fiesta 1.6 Exi, Jan 2009, 10k done.

Bought it in Dec 08 with huge discounts & a temp no, got in registered in Jan 2009 . Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-picture1.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-picture2.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-picture3.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-picture4.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-picture5.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-picture6.jpg  

Old 11th December 2009, 11:25   #817
BHPian

Congrats Akash! Your Fiesta really looks nice and well maintained.

BTW, IMO, suggest you find a better place to keep the idol or at least put a sticker underneath to keep it standing:-}

Last edited by sanjayc : 11th December 2009 at 11:27.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:32   #818
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Is there a IMMOBILIZER feature in Fiesta SXI, i read it somewhere that it does have.
Yes, i also think the same, even the sales guy confirmed me the same, but in the ford site, it is no where mentioned.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:35   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Akash! Your Fiesta really looks nice and well maintained.

BTW, IMO, suggest you find a better place to keep the idol or at least put a sticker underneath to keep it standing:-}
The idol was actually new at that time, have pasted it on the dash now (on the exclusive place provided for this purpose) !
Old 11th December 2009, 11:36   #820
Senior - BHPian

@akash

you said the car is 1.6 EXi which means EXi comes with 2DIN stock music as it comes now to ZXi and other variant onwards(present EXi do not have this 2 Din music?)

Will add your name in the owner list !
Old 11th December 2009, 11:40   #821
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Hey! include me in the list, I am new to this thread!

Fiesta 1.6 Exi, Jan 2009, 10k done.

Bought it in Dec 08 with huge discounts & a temp no, got in registered in Jan 2009 . Here are some pics:
It looks awesome, a beautiful piece in red, i never thought red will look so good in fiesta, in fact i have seen a red ikon and the sales guy told me that the fiesta red is the same, but now i think that he was wrong.
the fiesta looks good in Red.

and please suggest is it advisable to go for a Jan 2010 registration, or is it same if i go for a dec 09 registration only, as my case is also same as yours.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:42   #822
BHPian

Quote:
@akash

you said the car is 1.6 EXi which means EXi comes with 2DIN stock music as it comes now to ZXi and other variant onwards(present EXi do not have this 2 Din music?)

Sorry, forgot to mention! The 2 Din Music System was a part of the year end discount. In fact I had bargained for it!

Yes, it does not come in a stock Exi.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:47   #823
Senior - BHPian

@akash

So what was the total discount you got it then?
As you are aware, presently various discount offers are available depends to each variants (upto Rs.75000 for ZXi).
Also any idea,when you confirm the booking i.e towards end dec?
These details may help to our members who are presently negotiating with dealers to see what best discount they can get.?(they have been told that present offers are there only upto 13th dec?)
Old 11th December 2009, 11:51   #824
BANNED

Quote:
@akash

right, thats what i thought when i saw the EXI with stock ICE, it is the the earlier models only. good lucky fellow.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:59   #825
BHPian

Quote:
@akash

So what was the total discount you got it then?
As you are aware, presently various discount offers are available depends to each variants (upto Rs.75000 for ZXi).
Also any idea,when you confirm the booking i.e towards end dec?
These details may help to our members who are presently negotiating with dealers to see what best discount they can get.?(they have been told that present offers are there only upto 13th dec?)

I had got my Fiesta for a very good price!

Here's the owenership report I posted in Jan 2009. You will get all the details there!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-fiesta.html (My new (5.29 lac) Ford Fiesta!)

Last edited by akash_m : 11th December 2009 at 12:00.
Closed Thread