Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 17:18   #841
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,610
Thanked: 1,223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Exactly my thoughts too. When I was out looking for a car for dad, 1.4 TDCI SXI was slightly above 9.0 Lakhs OTR. I couldnt fathom paying that much for a Fiesta especially when Linea diesel top end was also available around the same price point (maybe 20k more). Not that Linea is a better car, but Linea seemed more VFM with its new in the market feel and actually looks like a segment higher than what it actually is.

Look at this Ford Ikon with same engine available at 6lakhs OTR and low end Fiesta diesel was at 8 lakhs OTR 3months ago (maybe slightly less). Fiesta dint seem VFM for me until the Limited Edition offer came and we further bargained and closed it at 7.21 lakhs from 7.40 lakhs OTR (LE offer price). So yeah, Diesel needs some price reduction especially when Figo also with the same TDCI engine will be launched in the 4.5 - 5.5 lakhs range(estimates).
+1. Close to a million bucks for what should have genuinely been a Ikon replacement is a definite NO for me! Infact many years before I had started a thread asking for the differences between the Fiesta and the Ikon and the corresponding price difference.
kiku007 is online now  
Old 12th December 2009, 18:49   #842
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I heard from the dealer today and he promised a delivery on coming tuesday 15th December that is so i made a visit to their to check up on the accessories. Vehicle has already arrived and they were willing to make an immediate delivery. My bank (Canara) however, was not upto the task and even though i have already received the loan confirmation (within 2 hours after applying) from them but they would not be able to get the DD ready until tuesday so the wait. The new thing that i learnt is they would be handing over the DD themselves to the dealer. . That is something new for me.

They are charging around Rs. 15,500/- for 2 years extended warranty. Based on the advice i have seen here i am going for it. Did not take when i bought Alto in 2003 and luckily never was required in its case.

What accessories do you guys suggest i should go for? Until now i have only planned to get the following from the dealer itself (have mentioned dealer quote alongside):

1. 15'' Alloys (Yet to get a quote from the dealer)
2. Sports pedal (Rs.2000/-)
3. Scuff plates. (Rs. 4250/-)
4. Side Strip with chrome line. (Rs. 4950/-)

Other accessories from after market :

5. Reverse parking sensor. (Yet to find)
6. MP3 FM modulator to add support for pen drives. (Saw the options on ebay for Rs.300/-)

What do you guys have on your Fiesta's? Any brand suggestion for any of these accessories which i should prefer? Is the cost quoted by the dealer for the listed items correct?

On the side note after over 6 yrs of very happy ownership i sold my existing Alto at Maruti true value. They paid me more then what others were offering, more then direct users too. Deal got finalised & payment made in less then 20 mins. Felt stranded on the streets for a few mins when i actually sold it. If i had the need of 2 cars would have surely kept it. Was still in mint condition and good for another 3 yrs atleast without any problems. It never required a single penny from my side on its maintenance apart from the regular 6 monthly servicing in all those 6 years. Always averaged above 16 km/ltr in city and around 21 km/ltr on highways. Had seen all sorts of roads, highways and ghats. It can't be compared to a sedan like Fiesta as surely it lacked on space, comfort, power and driving pleasure. But after all the reviews i read, TD's done the only question i have in mind with the Fiesta coming up is how well would it match my Alto experience based on the grounds of "peace of mind".
rouheet is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 19:29   #843
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

@rouheet, as far as I know 3rd/4th year extended warranty is appx 9K+ when purchased within 1 month of delivery and not 15K...please check and find the breakup with your dealer if anything else is included in the same.

Also, my dealer in chennai ford has qouted door scuff plates @1450/- sports pedal @2520/- body side moulding with chrome @4950/-. I have the full price list of all ford acessories given by 2 of the ford dealers in chennai - which more or less are same.

About the door scuff plates, not sure if 1450/- is for one piece or for set of 4 pieces...can anyone confirm?

Last edited by sanjayc : 12th December 2009 at 19:34.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 19:35   #844
BHPian
 
kalyan_hyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 361
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
They are charging around Rs. 15,500/- for 2 years extended warranty. Based on the advice i have seen here i am going for it.
Rs 15,500.00 for 2 years extended warranty is pretty steep. I got a quotation from the local Ford dealer today for 1.6 SXi model and I was quoted at Rs 10,000.00 for 2 years extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
does this mean that the offer will not be there after 13th december or there may be some different offer expected from FOrd after 13th DEc?
I was at a local dealer today and he said that if there is stock of the cars available, they'll continue the offer. However, very few cars are available even at the Chennai unit. The dealer also said that once the stock is exhausted, Ford dealers across India will stop booking Ford Fiesta for the remainder of the year. It seems that the production at the Chennai unit has stopped and will resume only in the new year.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:39. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
kalyan_hyd is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 20:42   #845
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
@rouheet, as far as I know 3rd/4th year extended warranty is appx 9K+ when purchased within 1 month of delivery and not 15K...please check and find the breakup with your dealer if anything else is included in the same.

Also, my dealer in chennai ford has qouted door scuff plates @1450/- sports pedal @2520/- body side moulding with chrome @4950/-. I have the full price list of all ford acessories given by 2 of the ford dealers in chennai - which more or less are same.

About the door scuff plates, not sure if 1450/- is for one piece or for set of 4 pieces...can anyone confirm?
@sanjayc, would you be able to share the price lists you have? I would really like to compare it against what i am getting. I too did not ask for a per piece cost of scuff plate and that cost is for a set of 4 so not sure but this is the first thing i will get confirmed on monday morning and post an update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Rs 15,500.00 for 2 years extended warranty is pretty steep. I got a quotation from the local Ford dealer today for 1.6 SXi model and I was quoted at Rs 10,000.00 for 2 years extended warranty.
Even I felt they are charging more and since you alongside @sanjayc got almost the same quote I will speak with the dealer and ask about the same. Don't see a reason as to why there would be such a vast difference. I believe the extended warranty is offered via Ford and not the dealer so their really should be no difference at all on an all India basis and even if it is there it should be marginal.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:40. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
rouheet is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 22:04   #846
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
@sanjayc, would you be able to share the price lists you have? I would really like to compare it against what i am getting. I too did not ask for a per piece cost of scuff plate and that cost is for a set of 4 so not sure but this is the first thing i will get confirmed on monday morning and post an update here.
rouheet, take a look at the price list which I had posted earlier in this thread. You are being grossly overcharged. I got 4 scuff plates for 1500.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1575982-post112.html
Gilead is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 22:46   #847
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Attached the price list as obtained from 2 dealers. Have left out music systems/seat covers and have tried mapping common items as far as possible. Sales Tax/VAT etc may be applicable separately.
Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
rouheet, take a look at the price list which I had posted earlier in this thread. You are being grossly overcharged. I got 4 scuff plates for 1500.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1575982-post112.html
Matched my MPL p/l with yours - slight difference here & there...seems like buggers there are each keeping there own separate Excel pricelist and not a common one. List of items also differs.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Chn_Acc.xls (15.0 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:40.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 22:58   #848
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Matched my MPL p/l with yours - slight difference here & there...seems like buggers there are each keeping there own separate Excel pricelist and not a common one. List of items also differs.
Maybe the price and list varies depending on if you are a corporate customer, individual customer or a 'cash party'.
Gilead is offline  
Old 12th December 2009, 23:51   #849
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Met with RK Nair and Shaju

What happens when 3 Fiesta-ians meet for dinner?

A lot in fact. RK Nair, Shashi (RK Nair's cousin), Shaju and self got together today evening. I'm just back from the meet and it was wonderful talking to a fellow enthusiast on all the things under the sun, from cars to jobs to naturopathy to politics and cricket.

Nair Saab, THANK YOU for driving down, it was great meeting you.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 13th December 2009, 11:18   #850
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
What happens when 3 Fiesta-ians meet for dinner?

A lot in fact. RK Nair, Shashi (RK Nair's cousin), Shaju and self got together today evening. I'm just back from the meet and it was wonderful talking to a fellow enthusiast on all the things under the sun, from cars to jobs to naturopathy to politics and cricket.

Nair Saab, THANK YOU for driving down, it was great meeting you.
No wonder Nairsaab's post count went down yesterday. So who is into naturopathy? My guess would be Shaju. .lol
Gilead is offline  
Old 13th December 2009, 11:34   #851
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
@rouheet, as far as I know 3rd/4th year extended warranty is appx 9K+ when purchased within 1 month of delivery and not 15K...please check and find the breakup with your dealer if anything else is included in the same.

Also, my dealer in chennai ford has qouted door scuff plates @1450/- sports pedal @2520/- body side moulding with chrome @4950/-. I have the full price list of all ford acessories given by 2 of the ford dealers in chennai - which more or less are same.

About the door scuff plates, not sure if 1450/- is for one piece or for set of 4 pieces...can anyone confirm?
The accessories which the dealer is quoting is as follows:
Scuff 2k
Sports pedal 3k
2 yrs EW 9.6k
Spoiler 9.5k

and rest he said will confirm after checking, could it be possible that we can ask him that we are getting a better deal and he should cut the rate.
Is it also possible that we can get the quote directly from the Ford, as in this segment the dealers are quoting on their own.
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 13th December 2009, 12:48   #852
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
The accessories which the dealer is quoting is as follows:
Scuff 2k
Sports pedal 3k
2 yrs EW 9.6k
Spoiler 9.5k
These figures seem to be in the ballpark. Difference could be local taxes. If you have another Ford dealer in your city, you can get a quote from them and compare. I don't think Ford will give you a quote directly. They will refer you to the dealer.
Gilead is offline  
Old 13th December 2009, 17:19   #853
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
What happens when 3 Fiesta-ians meet for dinner?.........Nair Saab, THANK YOU for driving down, it was great meeting you.
It was really a pleasure to meet the 'fastest poster' of team-bhp (Nairsab) and the man who is famous for 'border to border weekend trips' (Unni). We spent over 3 hours together, but felt it went like 15 mts. Next time Narisab passes this way, we could make it as a celebration with few more enthusiasts joining us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
No wonder Nairsaab's post count went down yesterday. So who is into naturopathy? My guess would be Shaju. .lol
His computer is in the OFF mode from 6pm Friday to 10am Monday Gilead. Naturopathy is just one of the subjects that is practised by Nairsab. Its nothing but start 'drinking' from the moment you get up from bed. I know your wicked minds might be feeling happy, but its just mineral water, nothing else. He consumes 1.5 ltr of water on empty stomach. I have already started taking a glass of water on empty stomach, will gradually increase to a litre within a week. I think Unni's target is 3 ltr on empty stomach.

Then we had a detailed inspection on Nairsab's Black Fiesta. The alloys, vinyl seat covers, chrome lined side strips everything looks much better than the posted photos. Infact he wanted to fix the sunfilms, an Amp and Sub from here, but due to time constrains and today being a Sunday, we kept it for the next time. Hope he is able to repair the Map my India device that came with a cracked screen during transit.

To summarise, saturday night was a good change for 3 Fiestians. Hope to have similar meets in the future that can bring lot of closeness between members. Although I have met atleast 5 team-bhpians so far, this was the first one with a dinner. Thanking Narisab with a very sincere heart !!
shajufx is offline  
Old 13th December 2009, 17:20   #854
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

But our other fiestian friends quoted a lesser value, let me check with the dealer again, should i bargain now or do at the day of delivery,
There was one more surprise, the dealer sales guy dont know about the scuff plates, and told that you will be the first one to book in their entire fiesta dealership experience.
ruchirtnt is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 00:09   #855
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Naturopathy is just one of the subjects that is practised by Nairsab. Its nothing but start 'drinking' from the moment you get up from bed. I know your wicked minds might be feeling happy, but its just mineral water, nothing else. He consumes 1.5 ltr of water on empty stomach. I have already started taking a glass of water on empty stomach, will gradually increase to a litre within a week. I think Unni's target is 3 ltr on empty stomach.
Is this done to 'cleanse' the stomach off the non-mineral water that might have been consumed the previous evening?

Nairsaab, you never told us about your ICE upgrade plan. What's all this news about amp, sub etc. Are you planning to do a frankmehta by any chance?

Last edited by Gilead : 14th December 2009 at 00:14.
Gilead is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here PAVAN KADAM Shifting gears 2879 26th October 2016 18:06
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51
All Laura Owners and Accord Owners, Please stand up personified Sedans 9 11th December 2008 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks