Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2009, 17:18   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Please advice/suggest what I need to double-check/confirm before signing on all the papers.
Thanks.
So I am guessing you have the VIN by now? Get it decoded and get the month of manufacture. Not sure if there is a Fiesta specific checklist. It's not known to have any niggles like parts falling off etc. Check all the basics like body work, dents, scratches, unusual tire wear, ODO reading, ICE, and lights. The discs may show some minor surface rust if it had been standing in the factory for a while. This is normal and it will fall off within a couple of days.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:31   #872
BHPian

Thanks Gilead. Have asked them to mail me the VIN..not recd yet..maybe will follow up with an SMS.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:42   #873
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay, chennai members are the best ones to guide you, each dealer is different according to me when it comes to PDI, delivery commitment and other related things. I was fooled by my sales guy to do a PDI at their stockyard, infact Metro Ford bangalore never allows anyone to do a PDI at their yard but only in their showroom. I wasted my half day driving to the stockyard and fighting with the guys there. But I know many members who have taken PDI at stockyards at different cities too.

Ford has only a 17 digit VIN number (which is the same for engine number and chasis number) from which you can decode the manufacturing month and year. Considering the national level demand and the exciting discounts since last 3 months (December has the highest now), you have the highest chance to get a December 09 manufactured car itself. I booked my Fiesta end of June 09 and got the car of the same month. So, 'being idle in the factory stockyard' is old story.

Wishing you a happy booking/delivery/ownership experience ahead !!

Last edited by shajufx : 14th December 2009 at 17:43.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:46   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gilead. Have asked them to mail me the VIN..not recd yet..maybe will follow up with an SMS.
Weren't you supposed to go to the yard and pick one if there are multiple silver Fiestas? In that case, choose one that looks and feels the best and ask them to assign that VIN to you.

The last 7 digits are the most important. It will be in a format like this. 9XYYYYY. 9 is 2009. X denotes month of manufacture.

X=C: Sep
X=K: Oct
X=D: Nov
X=E: Dec.

It is perfectly ok to get a car manufactured as early as Oct.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:56   #875
Senior - BHPian

Is there any serious difference if a car is manufactures in dec or October?
imo, the car should be brand new-straight from the factory. (Most of the dealers
dont bring so many cars at a time without booking and keep it in their yard). The Registration date is considered by many and that is date (and ofcourse the insurance date) taken for estimating the age of the car?
Old 14th December 2009, 18:42   #876
BHPian

Thanks Guys for the inputs.

Shajufx, am not at all taking any sales talk on its face value. However, your gut feel maybe right. While selecting the color, I aksed the salesgirl which color is in stock and readily avlbl..she replied nothing in stock as of now (8th Dec). Neither they were pushing for any particular color. I am more concerned about being handed over a TD/display/Demo car.

Gilead, earlier I was told that by 18th one shipment will be coming..now I am told by 16th..if it happens earlier than 18th, have got some work commitments and hence cannot afford a full day off for stockyard visit.

Nairji, IMO, it is more about mental satisfaction (TAZAA MAAL concept) than practical considerations. After all 100% car buyers minus TBHP members are least concerned about this.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:48   #877
BHPian

doubt: does air come in through the ac vents when the ac and cabin circulation is turned off!!

btw do i have do keep an eye for anything in the third service which is due in two weeks..
Old 14th December 2009, 19:49   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am more concerned about being handed over a TD/display/Demo car......Gilead, earlier I was told that by 18th one shipment will be coming..now I am told by 16th.
Only way to make sure of the fresh stock is by decoding the VIN, I dont think there is any other method. A dealer can play any kind of dirty game when it comes to excess demand and less supply regardless of the field. Mostly such things happen when we push for a particular delivery date or connecting to some auspicious day. As far as I understand, all the bangalore Fiestians have test driven the Sports version. So demo cars are just 2 (other one being a diesel morello colour) with Metro. These two cars are with the showroom for many months too.

About the word 'shipment' you mentioned; I was under the impression that Chennai dealers are getting the stock stright from the factory by road (considering the proximity).
Old 14th December 2009, 20:08   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
doubt: does air come in through the ac vents when the ac and cabin circulation is turned off!!
Yes, outside air is supposed to come in when re-circulation is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
A dealer can play any kind of dirty game when it comes to excess demand and less supply regardless of the field.
I remember some guy had posted some pics of the Fiesta being unloaded from the truck itself. It's possible to play a dirty game even there.
Quote:
About the word 'shipment' you mentioned; I was under the impression that Chennai dealers are getting the stock stright from the factory by road (considering the proximity).
Old 14th December 2009, 20:24   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
In that case, let me check if I can drive down the car straight from the factory
Old 14th December 2009, 20:30   #881
Senior - BHPian

I have heard lot of Germans taking delivery of their BMWs straight out of the manufacturing unit and even seen some videos that were shown on Discovery channel. But in India, I have no clue about something similar. If you could do that, it might become a trend-setter among the car-lovers of our land. Who wouldnt want to see their cars assembled part by part and one day drive out of the factory instead of the painful process through the dealerships !!!
Old 14th December 2009, 20:45   #882
BHPian

Guys, did you check the thread about fixing a camcorder in your car? Awesome stuff, if it can be done correctly.

Am planning to drive down from Chennai to Kolkata (solo drive) coming Jan and back in a week-10 days time. Will it be ok in a new car? Or it is not advisable?

Hence interested in the camcorder stuff to record the journey.

Also, could you guys post some pictures regarding the exact location on the front/rear where the parking sensors are fixed (along with brand/cost etc). Are their any guidelines regarding this? Or is it best left at the judgement of the installer/mechanic? Planning to do the same at Xenos/Chennai but not yet decided on the model/brand - the ones with the beep warning should be enough for me since I have those rear external stick-on types (2 in nos) on the rear of my Ikon..managing perfectly with those.
Old 14th December 2009, 20:48   #883
BHPian

Anyone knows how to fix the scuff plates? I am planning to get FORD scuff plates and do i need to take it to a mechanic to fix it or can that be a DIY stuff.

I looked at an aftermarket scuff plate and they had stickers, would the FORD scuff plates also be with stickers?
Old 14th December 2009, 21:02   #884
BHPian

Moonraker, for me the dealer at the time of delivery will be fixing it since am getting this along with the delivery. Ford official scuff plates have the Fiesta word kind of engraved in the metal..not a separate sticker. Cost appx 1.5K for the entire set.

If you are sourcing it from outside, try getting the one's with lights..saw one in the manager's Swift in Haute Car Zone at OMR - looked really cool with blue led underneath the scuff plates (the swift word was glowing in blue..don't know if the scuff plates itself come with the same or some other led arrangement was done.

Further, the official Ford scuff plates looks somewhat small, specially at the rear doors one. However, on the Swift that I saw, it almost covered the entire visible length.

Last edited by sanjayc : 14th December 2009 at 21:03.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:03   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Anyone knows how to fix the scuff plates? I am planning to get FORD scuff plates and do i need to take it to a mechanic to fix it or can that be a DIY stuff.

I looked at an aftermarket scuff plate and they had stickers, would the FORD scuff plates also be with stickers?
Hey the team at the service center should help you in that
why are you worried on how to fit it?
Closed Thread