Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 15th December 2009, 21:17   #901

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Updated List of Fiestans:
+

Owner list:

66. Souravdebiswas--- 1.6--- S
67. marlinspake ------- 1.6--- S
68. Anuj G------------ 1.6--- S
69. akash m -----------1.6---EXi
70. nura---------------1.6---ZXi
71. jk@mumbai ------1.6---SXi

Booked and waiting for delivery:

1-ruchirtnt -----1.6 ----SXi
2-rpmx1000 ----1.6-----ZXi
3-sanjayc ----- 1.6-----SXi
4-kiku007 ------1.6-----ZXi
5-rouheet------ 1.6-----ZXi

anyone else?
+1 to the list:
jk@mumbai - 1.6--- SXi
Old 15th December 2009, 21:22   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Chennai Ford Dealer - Does anyone know of any references here or suggestions to deal with them wrt discounts, accessories like Sun Film etc? This would really help.

Whenever I ask the Sales Rep to reduce the price on some accessory he'll start whinning that the car is already given on a 65K discount:(

I need the following:
1. Metallic trim on the door handles
2. Sun Film
3. Body coloured side door moulding with chrome (Are they kidding? 7K for that!)

P.S: They've earned thousands servicing my Ikon
Except for the sunfilm, have attached an accessory price list XLS from both chennai dealers in my post in the 59th page..you can refer that. In case you find some major difference, pls keep us posted.

From Chennai Ford, got a quote of 13K for Huper Optik sunfilm - for all windows (side+rear+front) if i remember correctly.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:31   #903
Senior - BHPian

Sanjayji, may be we can classify "Driving Fiesta" and "Watching Fiesta" for the listing. Even the 'booked' category can come in the 'driving' gang, because they have put money on the table already. 'Watching' gang will include even people who will ditch this group and prefer the 'men are back' gang.

"MEN" group, no intentions to fight with anyone, please dont take it personally. I would not tell anyone to buy a Fiesta because I drive one, instead I would ask anyone to drive as many different brands as possible before taking the final decision.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:48   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I would ask anyone to drive as many different brands as possible before taking the final decision
no wonder dealers cannot afford to keep TD cars..and allowing booked cars for TD;-{

Am keeping my fingers crossed..did not do any TD whatsoever, have put complete faith in frankmehta/Nairji/Gilead/Stronghold/Yours and rest of the fiesta gang. Will know whom to curse if things go wrong
Old 15th December 2009, 22:01   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have heard lot of Germans taking delivery of their BMWs straight out of the manufacturing unit and even seen some videos that were shown on Discovery channel.
In US BMW has an offer to its prospective buyers to go to Germany and buy it from there. BMW bear the cost of travel.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:53   #906
BHPian

Recd a call that my vehicle has arrived : MAJBXXMRJB9E45*** Looks like Dec09 manufactured.[/FONT]
Old 16th December 2009, 09:54   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
no wonder dealers cannot afford to keep TD cars..and allowing booked cars for TD;-{

Am keeping my fingers crossed..did not do any TD whatsoever, have put complete faith in frankmehta/Nairji/Gilead/Stronghold/Yours and rest of the fiesta gang. Will know whom to curse if things go wrong
+
You may have to CURSE the company (Ford).
We, all have already owned one and happy for our decision to buy fiesta and our report was solely based on our satisfaction on the car.!
(For your information, I too did not TD the car)
Old 16th December 2009, 10:10   #908
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys.

Chennai Ford Prices
Mettalic trim on door handles: Rs.1050
3M Sun Film: Rs.3490
Body coloured side moulding with chrome: Rs.7050 (Not taking this now)

We'll get some Ford Employee discounts later so thought of picking up the moulding then. Earlier they had given leather-vinyl seat covers for 5K, alloys for 12K etc.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:10   #909
BHPian

Nair saab.. was just kidding..you guys have been of great help..have been myself a satisfied owner of Ikon from 2003.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:12   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nairji,

Can u add another category in addition to "Onwers List" and "Booked and waiting for delivery"..something like "Dilly Dallying" or "Future Fiestians Expected" or "Leaning towards Fiesta" - like nikhil_blr;-}
+
Shaju already replied on your suggestion.

Let us not spam this thread opening so many categories like you suggested. Initially there was only "Ownership list" but now 'added Booked list' and feel thats enough?

Quote:
Nair saab.. was just kidding..you guys have been of great help..have been myself a satisfied owner of Ikon from 2003.
+
So you car has arrived and you are heading there soon for PDI?
So what decision you took - are you going to register now or wait for January dates?

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Chennai Ford Prices
Mettalic trim on door handles: Rs.1050
3M Sun Film: Rs.3490
Body coloured side moulding with chrome: Rs.7050 (Not taking this now)

We'll get some Ford Employee discounts later so thought of picking up the moulding then. Earlier they had given leather-vinyl seat covers for 5K, alloys for 12K etc.
+
Metallic door handles -rate seems okay
body side moulding - expensive

Vinyl leather seat cover - 5000? It cannot be of FORD seat cover as that
costs Rs.10,000+ and alloys Rs.16000+ (the same one fitted in SXI models)(see my thread where the photographs of the seatcover and alloys can be seen).

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:34.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:33   #911
BHPian

Quote:
+
So you car has arrived and you are heading there soon for PDI?
So what decision you took - are you going to register now or wait for January dates?
Will most probably do the PDI today/tomm. Since I am taking the insurance on my own, will get the cover note on 18th it seems. Will have the regn done on 18th itself..it has been raining past 2 days here and bad weather forecast is there for next 2-3 days. Some plans may go haywire becos of this.

I am not too concerned about resale value..will be keeping this car for the next 5-6 yrs minimum, if all goes well..so the dealer themselves will do the regn on/before 18th.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:35   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Metallic door handles -rate seems okay
body side moulding - expensive

Vinyl leather seat cover - 5000? It cannot be of FORD seat cover as that
costs Rs.10,000+ and alloys Rs.16000+ (the same one fitted in SXI models)(see my thread where the photographs of the seatcover and alloys can be seen).
The seats and alloy prices are for ford employees Not offered all through the year. Offered at times. Benefits of working with ford
Old 16th December 2009, 10:37   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kiku, are you a Ford employee? If you are, then these prices sound okay. Else they are a bit low.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:39   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The seats and alloy prices are for ford employees Not offered all through the year. Offered at times. Benefits of working with ford
+
wow, thats a good rate.
Try to get it soon before they change the prices.
On the alloys -they have got two models -one is the old model (which all dealers are still trying push through) and the other one is similar to the one of SXI variant. Go for this SXI variant model alloys.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:47   #915
BANNED

I do not think doing registration in new year is of any benefit except the expiry year will have a benefit of one year, anyway there are hard chances that person will keep a car for 20 years (Till registration expires)
Closed Thread