Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:15   #1066
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Gilead, seems like they are offering paint protection for darker colored cars (blue for you) and under-body for lighter colors (silver for me);-} or were u given the choice of selecting paint protection or under-body??
I don't think the dealer guys are that brainy. lol I am not sure if a choice was available. They said they will give paint protection and I took it.

kiku: Find out from your guy if they will give both for 2.5K. That will be a helluva deal.
Gilead is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:25   #1067
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Now this is wheremy question is - Does waxoyl body treatment going to cost 2.5K? I don't think so.

Shall I ask for under body treatement+waxoyl body treatment for 2.5K?
+
The underbody antirust coating itself costs close to Rs.3000/-
(I paid Rs.2800/- for this job). So I dont think any dealer will do both the treatment for 2.5k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Hi guys

wanted to know if anyone has got the "S" model's spoiler installed in other variant of Fiesta. I guess that's the only thing I am missing currently with my Sxi, had got the "S" alloys installed as soon as I purchased the car. thanks
+
'S'alloys (15") fitted in SXi(14") ?? - That means you have changed the tyres too? because there is difference in size -alloys and tyres for both the variants ?

Also, seems it is your first posting?
So let me welcome you to the Fiesta club

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:16.
nairrk is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:02   #1068
BHPian
 
gsachin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 57
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
'S'alloys (15") fitted in SXi(14") ?? - That means you have changed the tyres too? because there is difference in size -alloys and tyres for both the variants ?

Also, seems it is your first posting?
So let me welcome you to the Fiesta club
Thanks Nairrk

It was indeed interesting to see a separate section on the Fiesta owners with so much detail and participation from owners.

Yes you are right, had changed the tyres also to 195/55 R 15. Net cost was around 25K after selling off the 14" rims and tyres. Now the only thing I need is to have the sports spoiler, which I am given to understand would cost anything between 18-19K with the paint job. Was wondering if anyone has got this done and what was the cost as the normal spoiler costs between 9-10K with the paint job.
gsachin21 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:09   #1069
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
The underbody antirust coating itself costs close to Rs.3000/-
(I paid Rs.2800/- for this job). So I dont think any dealer will do both the treatment for 2.5k?
Hey Nair-ji,

You got it done from the ford. I think the underbody coating was above 5K from waxoyl.

I won't recommend the waxoyl exterior coating from Ford (at least in HYD) now. When I have done it for my fusion almost 4 years back the quality was excellent. But for the fiesta I have done it from Ford, but the quality was very bad. So after an Year I got it done from outside (3M) and it was good.
anumod is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:17   #1070
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hey Nair-ji,

You got it done from the ford. I think the underbody coating was above 5K from waxoyl.

I won't recommend the waxoyl exterior coating from Ford (at least in HYD) now. When I have done it for my fusion almost 4 years back the quality was excellent. But for the fiesta I have done it from Ford, but the quality was very bad. So after an Year I got it done from outside (3M) and it was good.
+
Yes, I did the under body coating from Ford Dealer (some dealer suggests that no underbody coating required for ford cars as they do it in the factory, however I did it), but I did not do any body coating (and no intention to do it in the future also).
nairrk is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:24   #1071
BHPian
 
gsachin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 57
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I would suggest that anyone going for a waxoyl exterior coating done, should get this done in front of his own eyes. This treatment is done in 3 parts or layers you may say. However, there are chaps who would just do one or two coats, which ofcourse will not be of the actual quality that you would expect from the coating. Had got this done for my Santro about 6 years back and the results not great. However, this time round I have got the treatment on my Fiesta done in front of me and the results are fantastic as of now.

Also, in case you get your car cleaner to get the car wax polished once every month, month and half, you don't need to spend the money in getting the exterior protection. This is something I have done with my Ikon and the paint work is still fantastic even after 5 1/2 years!

Choose your pick
gsachin21 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:36   #1072
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Here is the waxoyl pricing break up which I got:
- Underbody coating - 2800/- (part of 5250/- essential pack deal) - completed
- Cavity Protection - 2800/- yet to do
- Paint Protection - 2800/- yet to do
- Motorcare - 450/- yet to do

This will come with warranty certificate. Paint Protection 2 free touchups will be done during servicing. Verbal assurance that at every service (6 monthly), a full checkup of the above 4 schemes will be done and preventive/touchup maintenance will be done as required.

Am not keen to do the paint protection but then again, what is 2.8K compared to 800K already spent on the car. Side benefit seems that at every service, minor issues on the body paint can be worked on by them.

Chennai Guys - not sure if you are already aware or not - but the Xenos guys are now stocking Turtle Wax products in their Nandanam showroom. When installing the parking sensors, purchased some of the Platinum Series stuff (Xenos) Online purchase option also avlbl.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:51   #1073
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,610
Thanked: 1,223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Here is the waxoyl pricing break up which I got:
- Underbody coating - 2800/- (part of 5250/- essential pack deal) - completed
- Cavity Protection - 2800/- yet to do
- Paint Protection - 2800/- yet to do
- Motorcare - 450/- yet to do

This will come with warranty certificate. Paint Protection 2 free touchups will be done during servicing. Verbal assurance that at every service (6 monthly), a full checkup of the above 4 schemes will be done and preventive/touchup maintenance will be done as required.

Am not keen to do the paint protection but then again, what is 2.8K compared to 800K already spent on the car. Side benefit seems that at every service, minor issues on the body paint can be worked on by them.

Chennai Guys - not sure if you are already aware or not - but the Xenos guys are now stocking Turtle Wax products in their Nandanam showroom. When installing the parking sensors, purchased some of the Platinum Series stuff (Xenos) Online purchase option also avlbl.
Then I'll go for the paint protection. Even it stays good for an year then I'm happy.
kiku007 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:56   #1074
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

The DTE calculation is now perfect in my car.

Yesterday, when I was driving the car (covered 248kms without any halt),
the fuel warning lamp came up and at the same time the DTE shown as 81kms which is 99.9% accurate i.e as per the company, when the fuel
warning light flashes, it means that the car can run another 80kms.
I continued driving till the DTE came down to 20, thereafter I didnt wat to take risk (as a car get stuck in the highway without fuel can be penalised by the cops) hence filled up fuel at that stage.

If we have to see exact running of DTE, then need to drive the car till the tank is empty - in that case it is important to keep couple of litre petrol stock in the car.

Will try later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Here is the waxoyl pricing break up which I got:
- Underbody coating - 2800/- (part of 5250/- essential pack deal) - completed
- Cavity Protection - 2800/- yet to do
- Paint Protection - 2800/- yet to do
- Motorcare - 450/- yet to do

This will come with warranty certificate. Paint Protection 2 free touchups will be done during servicing. Verbal assurance that at every service (6 monthly), a full checkup of the above 4 schemes will be done and preventive/touchup maintenance will be done as required.

Am not keen to do the paint protection but then again, what is 2.8K compared to 800K already spent on the car. Side benefit seems that at every service, minor issues on the body paint can be worked on by them.
++

I dont know how far this paint protection will help the car -keeping the car shining always or protect car paint from any defects/scratches?

I had an Accept five years back. I sold the car after running 3.5 years and
without any paint protection or body coating, the car(black colour) looked in very shining condition. However I used to polish/waxing once in every
6 months.
When I was having my m800 (my second car), my dealer suggested to apply body coating (I dont want to name the product here)- after the coating the car (Red colour) looked very very shining and I was very happy, however in couple of months time the shining gone away and the original paint shine started fading -again I had to do the polishing and waxing regularly to maintain the shining. Since then I never used any body coating to any of my cars so far.

This is just my experience only - may be latest chemicals may be better in keeping the car shining for ever

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:14. Reason: Fixed quote
nairrk is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:17   #1075
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Thanks Nairrk

It was indeed interesting to see a separate section on the Fiesta owners with so much detail and participation from owners.

Yes you are right, had changed the tyres also to 195/55 R 15. Net cost was around 25K after selling off the 14" rims and tyres. Now the only thing I need is to have the sports spoiler, which I am given to understand would cost anything between 18-19K with the paint job. Was wondering if anyone has got this done and what was the cost as the normal spoiler costs between 9-10K with the paint job.
Hi Sachin
I got the original sports spoiler fitted in my SXI for Rs 13.5 K in Bangalore from the ford dealer. In Noida it should cost less - or is it the same cost all over ?
esoteric_su is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:48   #1076
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Nairji, very true.

If one is self washing/waxing the car regulary , and not thru some hired person, IMO, the paint protection is not required. Like I did for my Ikon for the 1st 2 years (being young and my first car).

However, in my case in Chennai, considering that hard water will be used, and mostly, the dusting/damp cloth wiping (water is a scarce resource in Chennai) will be done thru the building watchman, I feel I will need all the protection that I can get.

Once in a while, if the cleaning needs to be done thru pressure wash at a service center, the car is really massacred.

Personally, I can only afford to do a complete shampoo wash + waxing only once in a month as a self exercise.

Considering all these, and also, that for another 2 weeks, it will be raining over here, I am inclined towards going for the paint protection stuff.

Since I am doing the sun film thru the same guys, it is a case of sum of all parts being less than the individual parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I dont know how far this paint protection will help the car -keeping the car shining always or protect car paint from any defects/scratches?
What I have been told by the Waxoyl rep is that the paint protection only gives you protection against swirl marks (if cleaned with a microfiber dry/wet cloth), dried water spots/water beading and bird droppings). Which generally means, cleaning/drying the paint surface is a lot easier if proper cloth & technique is used.

Nowhere the rep did claim about scratches (these are more of dealer sales guy talks who talk about waxing and polishing in the same breath)

Further, when talking to these guys, if the paint protection is done at the time of delivery it costs lesser. If the car is old, then they will charge appx 1.5K more, since as per them, there is extra effort required to prepare the surface.

Personally, I think, for a new car, the factory paint job should be sufficient for at least the 1st year. But going by cost cutting measures and compromises all around by manufacturers nowadays, who know what is in store ahead. I was damn scared after reading these threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ranteed-3.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...iat-linea.html (Rusting problem in Fiat Linea)

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:15.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:11   #1077
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Yes, I quite agree
Those building watchmen will wash as many as cars with one bucket of water and use the same dirty linen for more than a month. Then how come we can expect our cars clean and shining.

(My Accent was bought and used in Chennai but then I had a driver then who used to wash the car daily and keep the car well maintained. )

Sun film - In Chennai, still they remove the trim for fixing sun film?
I believe some places, the gys fix film without removing the trim !
nairrk is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:13   #1078
BHPian
 
gsachin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 57
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_su View Post
Hi Sachin
I got the original sports spoiler fitted in my SXI for Rs 13.5 K in Bangalore from the ford dealer. In Noida it should cost less - or is it the same cost all over ?
Have you got the same spoiler that comes in "S" model or some other? As per the price list available with the Ford Dealer here, the price is around 15-16K with taxes without the paint. With paint I will end up paying around 18K. The normal Ford spoiler for Fiesta costs around 9-10K with the paint job.
gsachin21 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:40   #1079
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Sun film - In Chennai, still they remove the trim for fixing sun film?
I believe some places, the gys fix film without removing the trim !
Gosh..what is this trim removal business? Let me check. The sunfilm was installed yday for me..have'nt noticed anything out of the ordinary.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:02   #1080
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Have you got the same spoiler that comes in "S" model or some other? As per the price list available with the Ford Dealer here, the price is around 15-16K with taxes without the paint. With paint I will end up paying around 18K. The normal Ford spoiler for Fiesta costs around 9-10K with the paint job.
++
the rates are not common - each dealer quotes a different rate for a similar item . Also the tax varies from state to state.
And you must understand that the dealers make more money on the accessories. Anyway, be cautious before finalising any product and make sure you are getting original Ford accessory
nairrk is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please ram.west Motorbikes 1494 7th July 2017 17:31
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here PAVAN KADAM Shifting gears 2879 26th October 2016 18:06
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51
All Laura Owners and Accord Owners, Please stand up personified Sedans 9 11th December 2008 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks