Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2009, 18:49   #1096
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
that's expensive, if I remember correctly, I've paid less than 1/2 of this for the beige colored mats and black mud flaps while taking delivery.
In that case i will buy the same from the aftermerket.

I have done a small PDI today, i was bleaming and there was a constant smile on my face when i was looking at the beauty.
My mamaji purchased a city vmt this thursday so was a bit thoughtful as to why i have not opted for city, when i had the option to go for.

But i saw my diamond white sxi, and all the very thoughts vanished. KAPOOOT.... Heres my beauty with chrome grills, looking ravishing and ready to be owned.
It had just got off the trailor and was washed, so had a look at it. Looking good and all was well,
Remembered the PDI List points and was satisfied with the model.
The driver told me that he will drive the vehicle to the showroom and asked for some favors (yes money )
I told him that i will take care of all while taking the delivery.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:09.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:14   #1097
BANNED

Thanks Mr. Mehta, i have also joined your brigade.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:59   #1098
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention that I had these from the Ford Showroom only while taking delivery. will tell you the exact price tomorrow morning after flipping through my file.

And congrats for seeing your beauty. You bet, if your beauty will be self driven then in no way you'll miss honda city. I can vouch for that
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:32   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
I got the biege color carpet mats (4 nos, with Ford logo in the driver side mat) for 1065/- and mud flaps (4 nos) for 840/-

Seems like the salesgirl has a special affection for me, going by the rates you guys are getting

Quote:
Transitio report.
Got an information from the dealer that my car has reached the stock yard.
Yahoooooooooooooooo...............
Finally my dream reached the place, sale guy called me up to do the left formalities of documentation and meking the rest payment.
Was so excited, that i left the office then only, went straigt to court for getting notery on my pan card and passport and getting a NSC of 1000 (formalities for RTO purpose)
Then i went to the dealer, he asked me to do the rest payment, i made it through RTGS (so that they can get the money in few hours and not wait for the check clearance) and opted for a 2 years EW.
He told me that the VIN of my car is 9E, i think its a december manufactured vehicle.
He will hand over the vehicle only when the road tax and insurance is done. For RTO i declined to go for a VIP number and asked him to allot me any number.
Congratulations! Can feel your excitement big time! Any spelling/grammar checker program would have gone into a loop with your post..he-he-he..Jus Kidding. Wow man..you are really excited.

Court, Notary, NSC - man, at your end it seems complicated. I thought the dealer is charging more than 5K for that...okay, let's not bother, we have beaten this issue to death now.

At the end, it seems your dealer is the master of the trade compared to the guys we have gone thru..under promise and over deliver...don't forget to tell them a BIG thank you for arranging it a week before promised date.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:10. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:33   #1100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I got the biege color carpet mats (4 nos, with Ford logo in the driver side mat) for 1065/- and mud flaps (4 nos) for 840/-

Seems like the salesgirl has a special affection for me, going by the rates you guys are getting
Great luck man, hope i would have got a salesG too, anyway iam not that much unlucky, the salesguy helped me and gave the number of aftermarket person from where he purchases.

Yup, he never thought that he will get the vehicle by 28th but got it before hand only, Good Luck for me.

the corporate discount is good enough so i am avoiding being more greedy.
Rest all i have to purchase on my own.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:11.
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:33   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Please call me kishore or kiku. This kiku007 ID started when I was in school and now it sounds very funny

30 Fords are going for registeration tomorrow from one dealer alone here in Chennai. Did someone doubt that people move their purchase to Jan? I don't now
+
@kiku007 is what your 'avtar' shows hence everyone (unless one knew your name)will address as per the avtar only.
So suggest change your 'avtar' to 'kuku' -

Quote:
Dealer offered me to go for a matting and mud flap from the after market, they are quoting 3k for both. Confirmed me that mat is ford original. Tell me what should i do.
+

I paid Rs.2240/- for

1- Mud flops
2- Floor mat (black colour)
3- Boot mat

(if you want to see, the photos are there in my thread)

- All Original Ford accessories and bought it from the dealer itself.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:11. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:42   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Is it really required to go for an anti rust and teflon/ waxoyl treatment, my ford sales guy told me that there is no need as such.
If you get good qulaity paint protection, then its good and if you polish your car in every quarter this adds very good value. But now a days it is very difficult to get quality paint protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I agree. BTW Ford recommends that you add System G/D additive to the Fiesta along with the regular fuel. It's right there in the manual. They don't claim any mileage or power increase but apparently it will keep the injectors clean.
Ford recommends only System G. Not System D. Even service engineers adviced not to put System D in diesel and they are recommending normal diesel. (i don't know in the recent past they recommended System D as well, My knowledge is 1 year old )

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:12. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:51   #1103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

I paid Rs.2240/- for

1- Mud flops
2- Floor mat (black colour)
3- Boot mat

(if you want to see, the photos are there in my thread)

- All Original Ford accessories and bought it from the dealer itself.
Right nairrji, the same was quoted by my salesguy also when i booked the car, but now when iam ready to take the delivery, he told me to pay 3k for the same stuff.
The stuff is same as yours, with Ford imbibed black matting

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
If you get good qulaity paint protection, then its good and if you polish your car in every quarter this adds very good value. But now a days it is very difficult to get quality paint protection.
I will go for anti rust during my first service and dropped teflon from the list.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:12.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:08   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right nairrji, the same was quoted by my salesguy also when i booked the car, but now when iam ready to take the delivery, he told me to pay 3k for the same stuff.
The stuff is same as yours, with Ford imbibed black matting
+
Just try some tricks - tell them that You will take those accessories only at the price as quoted initially. Otherwise you will try from elsewhere when you go down for a holiday drive or something else. If he need business, definitely will agree.

If you are willing to pay more money, then you can try to buy same even after delivery (to give an impression to them tht you dont want these accessories from them), because they know that people will buy these items prior delivery?
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:51   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Just try some tricks - tell them that You will take those accessories only at the price as quoted initially. Otherwise you will try from elsewhere when you go down for a holiday drive or something else. If he need business, definitely will agree.

If you are willing to pay more money, then you can try to buy same even after delivery (to give an impression to them tht you dont want these accessories from them), because they know that people will buy these items prior delivery?
Tell the chap that you are getting the same at a round figure of 2K from Kanpur and since you are anyway planning a trip to Kanpur in next week or so, you'll buy this stuff from there. Impress upon him that you want only Ford original accessories and no local stuff.

Am sure with little bit of an attitude you'll be able to pull it through, may give him a cold vibe by telling him that you have confirmed directly from Ford the pricing of the mats and mud flaps and they have confirmed the price which he had quoted earlier. See the reaction
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:08   #1106
BANNED

yup tried the same today, he told me that he will look into at the time of delivery
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:46   #1107
BHPian

My belated thanks to kumar7, raamki & sanjayc for their replies to my pen-drive question.
I am looking around for 5 x 7 components for the front. Would like to fit the tweeter in the stock position (sail panel). Does this mean the tweeter has to be 20 mm or can a 25 mm tweeter also be fitted in the sail panel? What modifications, if any, would be required for the latter?
Does any company manufacture 2-way 5 x 7 coaxials with on-board crossovers? Would like to install these in the rear. Any possibility of getting the front components & rear coaxials from the same company & the same line?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:49   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yup tried the same today, he told me that he will look into at the time of delivery
+

You keep on insist what you said. Dont give any encouragement that you will pay more for those accessories. Imo, definitely he will give it at the price quoted to you initially. He cannot afford to lose a customer, especially for accessories and that too during year end sales.
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:05   #1109
BHPian

Just curious to know if anyone has noticed any rust formation on the bottom plate of the front seats... It's not there in my Ikon but has started showing in Fiesta
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:43   #1110
BHPian

From what i see your Fiesta is hardly six months on the road !!
Take it to the dealer immediately..
He will try to convince you that rusting is not covered under warranty.
But persisit with him that its a new car !!!

I had faced a rusting problem in my brand new ANHC sometime back.
The dealer initially tried to palm it off ..

But a little persuasion and authoritativeness from my side finally forced him to do the job under warranty..
Closed Thread