Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 30th December 2009, 17:45   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
1. No.,Never (even today I drove around 75kms right in the noon heat
but never felt any smell?)
2. No, nothing as such so far! ( Reduce the speed and try on first
gear when going on speed breaker and see if still get the jerks?)
2. It doesn't jerk in 1st gear. The problem is only with the 2nd gear.

Let me check it out with the service centre tomorrow.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:48   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
2. It doesn't jerk in 1st gear. The problem is only with the 2nd gear.

Let me check it out with the service centre tomorrow.
Just check the speed once you have crossed the speed breaker and tried to take the car forward in second gear. It may be because of speed being less than the ideal spectrum for 2nd gear.

for the smell, do get it checked with the workshop
Old 30th December 2009, 21:26   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Have you experiences this in your new Fiesta 1.6?
  1. Smell similar to that of burnt rubber after a drive. Outside the car.
  2. Car jerks when trying to drive off in 2nd gear from a speed breaker with no throttle
I used to get a burnt oil smell when the car was new and now its not there. But havent had any rubber smell. Whats your ODO reading? May be after sometime it might go off. For me it was just the smell of the polish which they applied during delivery which gave that smell. And moreover the new car would try to generate more heat than a seasoned one due to the running period. Try to take her for a long drive and see if the smell still continues, if yes take her to the service center ASAP.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:26   #1189
BHPian

hey Nair,

Congrats ! i see you are a senior man ! Possibly the fastest to be one.

Great Involvement man !
Old 30th December 2009, 21:51   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I used to get a burnt oil smell when the car was new and now its not there. But havent had any rubber smell. Whats your ODO reading? May be after sometime it might go off. For me it was just the smell of the polish which they applied during delivery which gave that smell. And moreover the new car would try to generate more heat than a seasoned one due to the running period. Try to take her for a long drive and see if the smell still continues, if yes take her to the service center ASAP.
Car has done 200 Kms only. I'll take your advice and check out.
Old 30th December 2009, 22:02   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The above model may be liked by few but may not be the majority - this is just my finding. The alloys and all good but only the front look is not that stylish ? I may be wrong also
Sacrilege! Nairsaab you must be the only one on the forum who does not like the Shelby GT 500!

Quote:
Have you experiences this in your new Fiesta 1.6?
  1. Smell similar to that of burnt rubber after a drive. Outside the car.
  2. Car jerks when trying to drive off in 2nd gear from a speed breaker with no throttle
Never gotten any smell. Sure you weren't driving with the hand brake on? That would definitely smell. The jerk probably comes 'cos you were not in the right RPM/speed for the 2nd gear. A little bit of clutch riding will prevent the jerk or you can shift to 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrabhuV View Post
@Gilead,

Are you serious? Do you know for sure the Aquarius blue is discontinued. I done have an S, yet. But I am planning to get a 2010 model. Chennai Ford salesguy mentioned guy he should have the prices by Jan 1st week.

Anyways, I hope they dont discontinue..

And if they do, that leaves me no choice but White. I would have preferred a black, but Mom says NO.
Aquarius has been discontinued. It's missing from the website as well. Ford is supposed to release a couple of new colors but no one has any info yet. The S looks deadly in black. I like it in white as well. You must have taken a look at Frank's pics by now I guess. With white, you can put twin dark blue racing stripes. It will look really cool.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gilead : 30th December 2009 at 22:03.
Old 30th December 2009, 23:35   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Hatari, congrats! Is that a Morello? I was under the impression that Morello was introduced in 2009. What kind of a deal did you get on the car if you don't mind sharing.
tks.. it isnt morello. they dont make it anymore i think
got it for 5.25L
Old 31st December 2009, 09:32   #1193
Senior - BHPian

@gilead
I am not intentionally disrespecting any model, but given my opinion only as an individual. Some model will be attractive for some but not for some -it will be there not only in selecting cars but for everything ?
Old 31st December 2009, 11:05   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

Never gotten any smell. Sure you weren't driving with the hand brake on? That would definitely smell. The jerk probably comes 'cos you were not in the right RPM/speed for the 2nd gear. A little bit of clutch riding will prevent the jerk or you can shift to 1st.
Ofcourse I wasn't driving with the handbrake

The RPM is what I'm questioning about. The Ikon is able to move under 20Kmph from a speed breaker with no throttle input from me in 2nd gear. But the Fiesta's RPM needle dives down. This is where I have the query.

Time for a quick meet guys..we can check this out in person

BTW here's the pic with the number plate. The STD Speedex/India Signs one is a strict no-no for me and wifey. Wifey had seen a car with a nice font and wanted it. Went to GP road, those guys didn't have it. The same evening we saw a car with the exact font, so clicked a pic. Armed with the pic, went to GP Road again. They searched their computer upside down, no use. Then went to Kalyani Car Jewels, North Usman Road. Bingo...they have it and finished the job in 30 mins. Cost Rs.650 (GP Road-Rs.550)
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dsc03940.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dsc03941.jpg  

Old 31st December 2009, 11:26   #1195
Senior - BHPian

@kishore
Number plate looks nice, but does this kind of letters are officially permitted by RTO
(ofcourse one can see many variety of number plates nowadays - even can see numbers plates written in local language, however there is some regulations from RTO regarding the style and size(font) of the Letters and numbers which can be fixed on a vehicle)?
Old 31st December 2009, 12:56   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Not the RTO approved ones. But they don't take it seriously here unless you need a microscope to read the numbers
Old 31st December 2009, 16:21   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not the RTO approved ones. But they don't take it seriously here unless you need a microscope to read the numbers
+
Not a big problem (and cops are not going to stop cars which having different number plates), but sometime during some checking, if needed they can harass one. Few months back one of my freind who was on his
bike and the cops stopped him. Everything was okay (he was wearing a helmet and all documents were in order) however the cops still looking here and there (it looked that they decided to get some money from him), finally saw the number plate which was sticker made. Rs.100 demanded which was negotiated and brought down to 50 without a reciept
Old 31st December 2009, 22:20   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gilead
I am not intentionally disrespecting any model, but given my opinion only as an individual.
I was just kidding Nairsaab. No offence meant.

Quote:
Ofcourse I wasn't driving with the handbrake

The RPM is what I'm questioning about. The Ikon is able to move under 20Kmph from a speed breaker with no throttle input from me in 2nd gear. But the Fiesta's RPM needle dives down. This is where I have the query.
I have not driven the Ikon much, but the gearing in the Fiesta must be different. The Ikon's gearing must be shorter. If you are in the Anna Nagar area, bring your car over and we can test it.

Quote:
This font is perfectly fine. It's clearly legible and the cops should be okay with that. BTW the last 4 digits on your car and mine are a bit similar.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:48   #1199
BANNED

Quote:
+
Is this screen display device (fixed on top of the rear view mirror) or the one with Beep signals with LED Display?
Yes i have taken the one with a Screen display device, fixed on top of mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrabhuV View Post
@Gilead,

Are you serious? Do you know for sure the Aquarius blue is discontinued. I done have an S, yet. But I am planning to get a 2010 model. Chennai Ford salesguy mentioned guy he should have the prices by Jan 1st week.

Anyways, I hope they dont discontinue..

And if they do, that leaves me no choice but White. I would have preferred a black, but Mom says NO.
Yes it is for sure, the blue has been discontinued.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:00   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India did a 'small' write up on the Fiesta S this month. Here's a scan of the same. Fiesta owners: GLOAT away in glory! (especially the ones with the letter 'S' written on their boot lids!!

PS: I had mentioned this SAME TN registered Paprika Red S where I had seen Shapur Kotwal and family on the sealink the other day.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al#post1594522
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_0002.pdf (1.40 MB, 306 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_0003.pdf (1.33 MB, 302 views)
Closed Thread