Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2010, 13:40   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mayukh !! First car being a Fiesta is a thing to celebrate !! Any plans to come down to bangalore by any chance ?
Old 6th January 2010, 14:08   #1247
BHPian

@Mayukh, Congrats on your possession! Shada - Shabar Dada! Darun Lagche!
Old 6th January 2010, 14:09   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Wishing all fellow Fiestans a great year ahead!

I just got back from Christmas/New year vacation. Added another 1900 kms to the ODO and as always, it was a pleasure driving.

I checked my mileage this time around and it was giving 17.5 constantly during my highway drives with 100% AC on with speeds varying from 90-130 kmph. (FYI, mine is a 1.4 ZXI) It used to give the same before the 1st service in November. I thought it will improve after the first service. Now the ODO reads 8000 kms and the second service is due in mid Feb. Any feedback on the current fuel efficiency? Should I specifically take this up with them during the next service?

Overall, the car is doing well with absolutely no rattles/wierd noice etc though I've noticed a change in the engine sound when I start in the morning, which I think is normal. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
+
imo, 17.5kmpl is good mileage, but still you can just tell them during your next service.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:11   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
I checked my mileage this time around and it was giving 17.5 constantly during my highway drives with 100% AC on with speeds varying from 90-130 kmph. (FYI, mine is a 1.4 ZXI) It used to give the same before the 1st service in November. I thought it will improve after the first service. Now the ODO reads 8000 kms and the second service is due in mid Feb. Any feedback on the current fuel efficiency? Should I specifically take this up with them during the next service?
17.5kmpl is good considering that you had AC on 100% of the time and with speeds touching 130kmph, what more do you want!! These engines are pre-run and there won't be a noticeable change in mileage after the service. Engine will sound smoother with the oil change, but mileage improvement will be minimal.

Quote:
I've noticed a change in the engine sound when I start in the morning, which I think is normal. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
The change in engine sound might be the ECU idling the engine at a higher RPM than normal, thanks to the weather. Nothing to worry about unless and until its a humming sound or if the RPM stays high even after a few seconds.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:04   #1250
BHPian

My 1.6 petrol is returning a mileage of around 11 kmpl in City travel. Is anyone getting anywhere close to the claimed mileage of 14.5?
Old 6th January 2010, 15:05   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
17.5kmpl is good considering that you had AC on 100% of the time and with speeds touching 130kmph, what more do you want!! These engines are pre-run and there won't be a noticeable change in mileage after the service. Engine will sound smoother with the oil change, but mileage improvement will be minimal.

The change in engine sound might be the ECU idling the engine at a higher RPM than normal, thanks to the weather. Nothing to worry about unless and until its a humming sound or if the RPM stays high even after a few seconds.
A friend of mine had an improvement in FE of his Fiesta after the second service. Don't know what exactly was done/changed during the service. he now gets 21 kmpl on his 1.4 EXI with AC on highways. Whats more, he drives through the 'great' highways of Kerala

I guessed the change in sound could be due to the weather in Bangalore. RPM is dropping back to the normal (800) though it takes 3-4 seconds longer than usual. And I continue to idle till it drops to 800.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:19   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
My 1.6 petrol is returning a mileage of around 11 kmpl in City travel. Is anyone getting anywhere close to the claimed mileage of 14.5?
I am getting ~ 10 in fairly heavy city traffic with 100% AC. Who made the 14.5 claim? I don't think Ford did. 14.5 is definitely possible on the highway but not in the city.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th January 2010 at 15:21.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:44   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I am getting ~ 10 in fairly heavy city traffic with 100% AC. Who made the 14.5 claim? I don't think Ford did. 14.5 is definitely possible on the highway but not in the city.
That's the mileage claimed by Ford under standard test conditions, which I am sure is not really possible on Indian roads...

You are right on the highway front though, I've been able to get around 14 on the highways
Old 6th January 2010, 16:01   #1254
BHPian

The last tankfull-to-tankfull calculation I did returned me a figure of 11.13 kmpl (
137.4/12.34) - this was in Chennai's stop & go traffic and includes a cold run of appx short 4 km daily run for dropping my kids at school. With 100% A/c on.

Current ODO - ~1328 KM, DTE 283 - Assuming DTE to be correct I can complete 1611 Km, and if no fuel is added, this will complete 3 tankfulls. The avg then will come to 1611/45*3=11.93 kmpl. This will include appx 750 Km on NHs, 400 Km on SHs (like ECR/OMR etc) and rest in city, with 100% a/c.

The best DTE reading I have got till now is 511 (11.36 kmpl) on doing a tank full.

No Additives/IftexG till now. 100% Normal Unleaded Fuel from IOC/HP outlets. Avg NH speed - 80 occasionally touching 100-120 avg SH speed 50 avg City speed 30-40

Going by my calculations, and what you guys have (who have completed the run-in), is the run-in period a myth?? I mean, a new engine and a run-in engine are both returning almost identical figures!
Old 6th January 2010, 17:33   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Those who are looking for car dusters!

Have seen today that ebay re-listed Jopasu carcare company.

The link is available in 'jopasu car duster' thread.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:36   #1256
BHPian

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

@rouheet: After hearing from you, I am now more confident that there is now nothing to worry about the minor rust.

@Rastapopoulos: Thanks for your encouraging remarks. However, my close aides called me simply outrageous and crazy. I just smiled to them.

@esoteric_su: In WB, I think they are charging approx 32500 K for the road tax (15 years only). Rest includes registration (Rs. 350), Smart Card (Rs. 2150) and the dealer's margin & handling charges (Rs 7000). I am negotiating with the dealer too about the margin money. Also my corporate discount on ex-showroom price got increased due to the year end.

@shajufx: I happened to stay & work in Mysore from 2004 to 2006. And I used to go to Bangalore every weekends. I drove mine & my friend's bike in amost all the roads in these 2 cities. I really loved places - too nice and beautiful. Hope to go there sometime soon and meet.

@sanjayc: Thanks again for your compliments.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:37   #1257
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh

Rs.7000 towards dealer margin & handling charges -This seem too high
Normally dealers charge Rs.2500 to 3000 and if we do the registration then even
this amount can be saved.
I doubt, by charging such high amount on this heading, he agreed to give those
freebies???
Old 6th January 2010, 18:49   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine had an improvement in FE of his Fiesta after the second service. Don't know what exactly was done/changed during the service. he now gets 21 kmpl on his 1.4 EXI with AC on highways. Whats more, he drives through the 'great' highways of Kerala
Nothing other than engine oil and oil filter gets changed during second service. Maybe air filter also (don't remember off-hand). What speeds does he touch? If he maintains 70-80kmph, he'll get good mileage. A case in point, when I was driving down from Kerala on Monday, from Alleppey till Thrissur my average speed was 60-61kmph and my trip meter plus DTE added up to 960kms for a full tank (45lt tank, plus maybe 2lt in the neck). There will be some discrepancy in the DTE calculation, but still, it points to a good mileage. After Thrissur, I started speeding up and my average speed moved up to 70kmph, which saw a dip in the DTE plus trip calculation.

Also, is he doing full tank to full tank method for calculation.

Quote:
I guessed the change in sound could be due to the weather in Bangalore. RPM is dropping back to the normal (800) though it takes 3-4 seconds longer than usual. And I continue to idle till it drops to 800.
Perfecto!! With the cold weather it does idle higher a bit more than usual. Nothing to worry there.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:55   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Going by my calculations, and what you guys have (who have completed the run-in), is the run-in period a myth?? I mean, a new engine and a run-in engine are both returning almost identical figures!
You seem to have done most of your running in period on highways, so maybe a marginally higher figure. The best I have seen on my DTE after a tank full is 450. The avg of the last 100 kms is a big factor that goes into the DTE along with your current driving pattern. You can probably expect slightly better mileage after the run in period.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:59   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
The last tankfull-to-tankfull calculation I did returned me a figure of 11.13 kmpl (
137.4/12.34) - this was in Chennai's stop & go traffic and includes a cold run of appx short 4 km daily run for dropping my kids at school. With 100% A/c on.

Current ODO - ~1328 KM, DTE 283 - Assuming DTE to be correct I can complete 1611 Km, and if no fuel is added, this will complete 3 tankfulls. The avg then will come to 1611/45*3=11.93 kmpl. This will include appx 750 Km on NHs, 400 Km on SHs (like ECR/OMR etc) and rest in city, with 100% a/c.

The best DTE reading I have got till now is 511 (11.36 kmpl) on doing a tank full.

No Additives/IftexG till now. 100% Normal Unleaded Fuel from IOC/HP outlets. Avg NH speed - 80 occasionally touching 100-120 avg SH speed 50 avg City speed 30-40

I don't really trust the DTE readings, they keep on changing depending on how you are driving. I've seen it jumping suddenly by 20 odd kms plus or minus with just a km of travelling. Also, I've seen the reading of DTE change when I've started the car after being parked for 3-4 hours. Maybe there is something got to do with the way you have driven last few kms and the computer calculates the DTE according to that.
Closed Thread