Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th November 2009, 14:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the gang!
Your car resembles mine a lot. I too have a similar spoiler-- bought it for Rs 2600 from an aftermarket dealer.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 15:00   #17
BHPian

Dude, get rid of the mudflaps, they spoil the looks and don't do justice to your low profile tires.

Check my car here and you'll know what I am talking about.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...sterday-2.html (My Little Rocket - Pimped-Out Fiesta - Done Yesterday)
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 15:09   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Congrats man. Alloys look nice. Please add a photo of the biege floor mats. I have not seen them anywhere.
Thanks Buddy. Congrats on your red beauty as well! You're from Karwar eh? My Mom was born and brought up near Kumta, while Gokarna happens to be my ancestral place! I am planning to do Gokarna-Murdeshwar one of these days with family.

Well, here are the mats:

Red Hot Chilli Paprika - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-09112009170.jpg

Red Hot Chilli Paprika - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-09112009169.jpg

Red Hot Chilli Paprika - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-09112009171.jpg

Red Hot Chilli Paprika - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI-09112009172.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
congrats MeEncore! Welcome to the club. My fiesta 1.6 sxi has done 1200 kms so far, I still havent explored all its capabilities. You will never regret this buy! You said that the dealer has given free sunfilms. Why am I missing them in the snaps?
And regarding the refund from the dealer, it is definitely an uphill task. Almost all the dealers are the same. Once the car is sold, they just dont bother about the buyer anymore. Follow up promptly and get all the refund asap.
Thanks Jack. The sunfilm, he says, is very much there. He showed me a few bubble formations on the panes. Also, he showed me lines demarcating overlapping sheets of film on the rear pane. Is it legit? I am having a really hard time, it seems these guys are programmed to retain as much money with them as possible! Turns out, he hasn't given me anti-rust, and he has promised to get it done some time this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Congrats MeEncore!
The car looks fabulous.
About the spoiler: While the Original spoiler comes without lights, it still needs to be painted to matched the cars color, as it comes unpainted from the factory.
Also, regarding the sunfilm:
There are different brands, which cost different amounts. It can range from 800-10,000+ depending on brand. Maybe the dealership was quoting the price for a higher brand.
24,000 sounds like a fair amount for the tyres and alloys. Not terribly overpriced. I know dealers who make customers pay nearly 35,000 for 14" alloys and tyres (w/o exchange though, but even with exchange it comes to 27-28K).
How are these tyres in terms of grip? I like the tread, but not seen Maxxis tyres that much in India.
Thanks Lambo! I know about expensive sunfilms, but the accessories dealer did not have these in store. Also, he said all cars get the standard 1500 ones unless the customer explicitly requests another.

The tyres are performing well so far, I felt confident during high-speed cornering on the expressway ghat section. My bubble was burst when a BMW 7-series zipped past me, negotiating the curve as if it was a straight line. Anyway, these are supposedly very good at wet braking, but I haven't tested them and I hope that situation doesn't arise. The tyre-noise was an irritant with the MRFs but here it is within tolerable limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@MeEncore

Your last picture is very ideal - You got your car, and then behind the road with a
Maharashtra state transport Bus an then far behind -mountains.
Cheers !
Thanks Nairji. The place is called Karla and is 10KM away from Lonavala. We frequently visit the Durga temple here, but this was a first in my very own car. The mountain you see in the backdrop is called Lohagad (also called Prachandagad) which actually has a fort built by Shivaji Maharaj. Quite a tedious trek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
@MeEncore: Congrats!! Welcome to the club. Love the alloys.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Its raining fiestas in forum.The spoiler is not OE. Its an after market one.
Even I've seen many Innova's having spoiler with their roof lamps. That a fake one selling in showrooms with higher price tag than the original ones saying they have a LED's. It a daylight robbery.

NOTE:Always check if the car is equipped with rear stop lamp, if so the manufacturer will never provide a spoiler with LED for that model car.That's a thumb rule.

If anyone say its an original, kick them on @$$. Sorry for being rude. I don't like taking our Bhpian's for a ride, if not anyone for that matter.
Thanks for the advice. I have already talked to the salesperson about this. He was adamant that it costs 6K, but I insisted that its a fake and costs around 2.5K. Why should I pay more than twice the price for a fake. When I had gone to do a pre-registration inspection at Nerul, I had also spoken to the accessories dealer at Bhavana Ford. He said, the one without LEDs costs 6.5K and this one costs 6K. I was suspicious, so I asked him "Original Nahi Hai Kya" (Is it not genuine?) and he said, "Arey nahi saab, yahaan sab original hai" (We deal only in original stuff). I am forcing him to refund 3K at least (out of 6K that he has charged) or change it and give me the "S" spoiler without LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Welcome to the gang!
Your car resembles mine a lot. I too have a similar spoiler-- bought it for Rs 2600 from an aftermarket dealer.
Thanks vnabhi. It was primarily your review that inspired me to go for it! Hence, a special thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Dude, get rid of the mudflaps, they spoil the looks and don't do justice to your low profile tires.

Check my car here and you'll know what I am talking about.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...sterday-2.html (My Little Rocket - Pimped-Out Fiesta - Done Yesterday)
Yeah, you're probably right. Just wondering whether there are any obvious disadvantages in getting rid of them?
MeEncore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 17:26   #19
BHPian

hey meEncore,

have sent you a PM reg the spoiler. the spoiler issue seems to be hotting up. Looks like Bhavna ford is selling these LED spoilers regularly (as original).

Yes, now i recollect - the dealer once told me that the spoiler with LED costs more than the one without LED. but he kept on saying that both are originals. he even mentioned that non-original one will come for Rs. 2.5/3K, which i plainly refused. i was made to shell Rs. 3K more for the 'so-called' original spoiler. How dare they fool customers in broad daylight. And that too for Rs. 3K (when the customer is paying u Rs. 800K)

Good you got beige floor mats. The dealer promised me beige but gave me black. But i must say i prefer black to beige.

enjoy
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 17:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, you could have smelt a rat when someone is offering 8K worth stuff for 3K. But that's hindsight. I hope your experience will make other people reading this forum aware of the fake spoiler racket. It's disgusting that they risk their reputation and con you for such measly amounts.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 18:35   #21
BHPian

Congratulations MeEncore, could you tell about the cost of the reverse parking sensor and a small review about how it is working, installation and warranty voidance if any??

Thanks
MonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 20:22   #22

Wow, this is getting uglier! I just realized that I have been overcharged for the reverse sensor as well. They have put it as Rs. 6500/- for Autocop with the display on the mirror. How much did you pay for it Ashish? Also, they had not done the under-body anti-rust coating as promised!

There have been major goof-ups in the billing as well. Original deal was agreed upon as 7.29L without the Spoiler and Sensor (which I am paying for). They have charged me 6K for the fake spoiler and 6.5K for the sensor. So additional cost comes to 12.5K.

I paid them 25K as the booking amount, while the bank issued a DD of 7.40L based on the proforma invoice. So I paid them 7.65L in all. When I called them up for settlement, they had the audacity to tell me that there is no excess amount according to them. I visited the dealer this morning to clear this out, and it turned out they have to pay me back 23.5K. They agreed to this. Actually they will have to pay me more than that - 3K for the spoiler and 3K for the sensor if the actual price turns out to be less. I have strictly told them, I will not pay a penny more than the actual price of accessories.

Now comes the serious part. They gave me a retail invoice in which the ex-showroom price of the car inclusive of VAT is given as 6.31L. The RTO Tax is around 55K and Octroi for Mumbai is 25.5K according to the receipts they have provided. Accordingly, the OTR comes to 7.12L, but they insist I have to pay 7.29. They made excuses like service charges, agent charges. I told them I need an itemized list of all the "additional charges". They tried sticking me with the acknowledgement receipt of 7.4L (from the Bank Draft) as the actual price... Imagine the guts! I told them, the bank draft could have been 9L, but thats not the price of the car. Then they tell me that the amount mentioned in the retail invoice is erroneous. They put the Raigad price instead of the Mumbai price in the order form. I said, thats not my fault! So, they are now going to re-create the order form and call me when its done. Even the free anti-rust is pending. The in-house 3M guy said they had run out of stock and they would let me know when they get it.

This is turning out to be a nightmare, especially for a first-time buyer like me. If it weren't for TeamBHP, I don't know how much I would end up paying
Old 10th November 2009, 10:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Be careful with these kind of agents (how can they put octroi charges on your head?). Make a complaint in writing (may be the sales guy trying some play with you, without knowing the big bosses) and ask them to give detailed billing. You can also
tell them that you are going to send the copy of the letter to FORD.!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 12:00   #24
BHPian

MeEncore,

reg reverse parking sensor, i sent you a PM. i got it for Rs. 3.5K (autocop with mirror display and 1 yr warranty).

Reg documentation, we are again in the same boat. i paid Rs. 8.03 lacs for my Sxi premium. On the day of the delivery, i got a dealer invoice (only for the car + VAT @12.5%) for Rs. 7.01 lacs.

So, there is a shortfall of Rs. 1.02 lacs. when i checked, he said he will provide me all documents for the balance. Its been more than 1.5 months, and i havent recd anything from him. I dont even know for what i paid the extra Rs. 1.02 lacs.. .Arrrghhhh

i was so excited on the day of delivery that i didnt bother much abt this. i guess one should not leave the showroom untill he gets a sense of what is he paying for (and of course relevant documents)

i get a feel that these guys (meaning all dealers together) jack up the prices of the cars. Only when you look at the actual invoice (which i guess they cannot fake), you realise that inspite of so much bargaining, you have actual got a bad deal.

A very imp lesson learnt here. all prospective buyers, pls insist on all documents / details for every penny that you pay to the dealer - and do it before you leave the showroom without these.

i hope the dealer provides me with the details and documents in a few days, or else ... (my patience is running out)

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 13:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ford seems to be robbing from customers in a broad daylight. Pls send a mail & copy of invoice to Ford about the dealer. Definitely you will receive a feedback call from the Ford itself and give them an earful.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 13:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Ford is doing this.
It is the dealer who is trying to make some extra money from customers like this.
However complaint, explaining the full story, can be lodged with FORD
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:28   #27
BHPian

yep, take them by the collar, i guess ashish and you should log a formal complaint with ford india against them for marketing a 'fake' spoiler as a ford branded accessory.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:30   #28
BHPian

Man, those alloys look smoking hot, go so damn well with the color!! lovely treads on the tyre as well. sooper stuff!!

MODs: Sorry about the back to back posts, my bad!

Last edited by raamki : 10th November 2009 at 20:38.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and Celebrations !!!! Nice report and awesome looking alloys, goes very well with the colour.

Are we the 'Fiesta gang' going to hijack this forum by any chance? I find the number increasing like crazy !!
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 22:05   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
MeEncore,

reg reverse parking sensor, i sent you a PM. i got it for Rs. 3.5K (autocop with mirror display and 1 yr warranty).

Reg documentation, we are again in the same boat. i paid Rs. 8.03 lacs for my Sxi premium. On the day of the delivery, i got a dealer invoice (only for the car + VAT @12.5%) for Rs. 7.01 lacs.

So, there is a shortfall of Rs. 1.02 lacs. when i checked, he said he will provide me all documents for the balance. Its been more than 1.5 months, and i havent recd anything from him. I dont even know for what i paid the extra Rs. 1.02 lacs.. .Arrrghhhh

i was so excited on the day of delivery that i didnt bother much abt this. i guess one should not leave the showroom untill he gets a sense of what is he paying for (and of course relevant documents)

i get a feel that these guys (meaning all dealers together) jack up the prices of the cars. Only when you look at the actual invoice (which i guess they cannot fake), you realise that inspite of so much bargaining, you have actual got a bad deal.

A very imp lesson learnt here. all prospective buyers, pls insist on all documents / details for every penny that you pay to the dealer - and do it before you leave the showroom without these.

i hope the dealer provides me with the details and documents in a few days, or else ... (my patience is running out)

Thanks
Ashish, you should have received the road tax receipt which is around 8% for mumbai. Going by your retail invoice, the road tax comes to around 56000. So what you should have paid in case you did not buy any accessories from him is 7.01 + 0.56 ~ 7.57L and not much higher than that.

Another place I smell a rat is that on the octroi receipt, the retail price of the car including VAT is mentioned as 5.7L. How is that possible? Is this standard practice? Experts, your comments would be greatly appreciated by at least two hapless buyers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Ford seems to be robbing from customers in a broad daylight. Pls send a mail & copy of invoice to Ford about the dealer. Definitely you will receive a feedback call from the Ford itself and give them an earful.
As Nairrk said, its probably not ford but a dealer racket in a bid to pocket additional margins on every deal. They're probably laughing their way to the bank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
yep, take them by the collar, i guess ashish and you should log a formal complaint with ford india against them for marketing a 'fake' spoiler as a ford branded accessory.
Thanks for the encouragement Raamki. There are many things I can tolerate, but dishonesty is definitely not one of them, especially when its my own hard earned money on the line here. I'll definitely drag the skeletons out of their closet, or at least get them to pay me where its due!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Man, those alloys look smoking hot, go so damn well with the color!! lovely treads on the tyre as well. sooper stuff!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations and Celebrations !!!! Nice report and awesome looking alloys, goes very well with the colour.

Are we the 'Fiesta gang' going to hijack this forum by any chance? I find the number increasing like crazy !!
Thanks a lot Raamki and Shaju! I was thinking a chrome+black combo would look good, but fell in love with these

Yeah, "The Fiesta Gang"! That has a nice ring to it!