Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th November 2009, 08:44   #31
BHPian

saw one on the road last week (leading to whitefield). Perhaps it was yours !!??
I immediately liked the color...! I think it's the same as in Swift..but just a tad more darker so it might appear bluish at a certain degree of ambiant light conditions...
vinayak007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 11:36   #32
BHPian

The way this colour looks seems to vary a lot with the lighting. When I booked the car, I had not seen an actual model in the colour and just had to go with the shade selector piece that they had displayed at the showroom. It was quite dark and not very far away from the Panther black piece that they had displayed. When I actually saw it in the showroom, it was much lighter than I imagined it would be.

TheBeastFiest, you're right, I've also noticed a bluish tint in certain lighting conditions.
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 12:01   #33
BHPian

Nice Pics. Excellent Car. Congrats & Welcome to the club!!!
nityanand.s.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 12:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your buy. It looks superb with that aluminium finish grille. Do the aluminium finish side view mirrors come lke that from the factory or did you get it done later on? The colour from the pictures seem to be a sort of bluish black. Blue during the day and black at night. Is it so?
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 10:13   #35
BHPian

@longhorn, yes the mirrors are stock, the SXI premium comes with a chrome finish (which I hate BTW).
Old 17th November 2009, 10:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Chrome finish in side view mirrors -yes, its not that great look.
Body colour could have been more attractive !
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 15:55   #37
BHPian

Hey Jaganm,

Great car man! looks really gorgeous !

Nice colour choice. Did i make a mistake buying ANHC ???

What plans for the car ??

Safe driving mate .
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 10:56   #38
BANNED

Will look classy with some more chrome around.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:16   #39
BANNED

sometimes it becomes confusing when you see a glimpse of fiesta, it sometimes gives a glimpse of Earlier Corolla model
Old 24th December 2009, 10:45   #40
BHPian

It's been a month and half since I got my Fiesta. I've done close to 1000 km on it and am getting a little over 10 kmpl overall. The running includes a couple of highway trips to Somnathpur (near Mysore, nice place to visit BTW) and Vellore. It was pretty difficult to drive on the highway as the engine begged to be revved up and restricting myself to <3000 rpm was torture.

Unfortunately, there was some cement work happening in the basement right above where I was parked and a little bit of cement slurry dripped on to the bonnet. It's a small area, around 4-5 cm across, but it completely captures the attention. I've not been successful in getting rid of it completely, any suggestions?
Old 24th December 2009, 11:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
It's been a month and half since I got my Fiesta. I've done close to 1000 km on it and am getting a little over 10 kmpl overall. The running includes a couple of highway trips to Somnathpur (near Mysore, nice place to visit BTW) and Vellore. It was pretty difficult to drive on the highway as the engine begged to be revved up and restricting myself to <3000 rpm was torture.

Unfortunately, there was some cement work happening in the basement right above where I was parked and a little bit of cement slurry dripped on to the bonnet. It's a small area, around 4-5 cm across, but it completely captures the attention. I've not been successful in getting rid of it completely, any suggestions?
+
10kmph overall seems bit low, unless the driving was in city traffic. Hope it should improve after 1st service.

Regarding removal of cement slurry - somewhere in this forum, I read a thread about one of forum member removing cement from his car top. Will try if I can find that thread
Old 25th December 2009, 16:54   #42
BANNED

Need to arrange Scuff Plates from some other Ford Dealer, not available with mine.
Old 25th December 2009, 17:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Need to arrange Scuff Plates from some other Ford Dealer, not available with mine.
+

Incase you dont have any other dealer nearby, you can ask your dealer to get it from FORD store and it will reach them in a weeks time.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:25   #44
BANNED

Checked with south city ford in noida, he confirmed he has scuff of around 1500
Old 26th December 2009, 14:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Rs.1500 for a set (4 pieces) seems okay.
I paid Rs.1250 for this, but there may be some tax difference from state to state.