Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd June 2010, 10:07   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

I remember getting 11.5 to 12 in the prior summers. I shall add sytem g to my car and see if it makes a difference.
i have observed a mileage of around 11.5 - 12 in winters w/o AC on my fiesta SXI petrol, but now in summers with 100% AC ON, i think the mileage is not more than 10, i think it is not much good as i have heard that with AC 100% on stands around 11.5 - 12,

may be it will improve by second service.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:38   #77
BHPian

@capt_rocker- I suggest you to get a very good quality camera to delight us with pics of your car. Waiting eagerly man! And yes! We will be booking ours this weekend I think.

EDIT-

Ohh I missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
yes guys im getting my delivery on 2nd or 3rd June..
i cant control the excitement though!!

be sure ill be posting enough pictures here (good quality too) to satisfy the hunger of all the 1.6S fans here..

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 2nd June 2010 at 12:44.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
@capt_rocker- I suggest you to get a very good quality camera to delight us with pics of your car. Waiting eagerly man! And yes! We will be booking ours this weekend I think.

EDIT-

Ohh I missed it!
yeah abhipuru, i already have a very good camera ( a NIKON L100 DSLR) so need not worry about the picture quality.

Today i met my car in person. Went for PDI today. The car looked awesome in Sea Grey, although she had gathered dust due to current Delhi weather.

Got the entire PDI checklist done thanks to Team BHP!

Minor niggling issues. Like the boot floor carpet was missing. The rubber lining on the drivers side window was coming out. Got all fixed!!!
Just wish to see her clean and spotless.

Eagerly waiting for delivery that is tomorrow. Pics coming your way guys!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:20   #79
BHPian

Arey yaar! You could have taken some pics today. Never mind, I am equally eager to see your car. Best of luck!
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:32   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Arey yaar! You could have taken some pics today. Never mind, I am equally eager to see your car. Best of luck!
yes bro I could have taken pics today but it was too hot and too hectic. I had to drive 40kms to Moti nagar showroom of Harpreet Ford where the PDI was to be done.
I was sweating it out in the sweltering Delhi heat for 45 mins getting the PDI done.

Aslo the car was too dust laden to be captured in full glory! I wanted to post clean and shining pictures of my baby and so decided to hold on for one more day. Im sorry dude but pls be a bit patient. Even I cant hold my excitement!

Cheers!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:02   #81
BHPian

LOL. I am so impatient. At what time would you get your car tomorrow? Post the pics straight when you come back home! And this is an order!
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:58   #82
BHPian

whoa mate!!
ill make sure that i post pics ASAP. Im happy to see your eagerness.

The HT business edition today carries a survey of all cars in India presently.
They put Honda City on the front as No.1 car in overall customer satisfaction.

Too bad they dont do a review of a car with the Best Driving Pleasure. Fiesta would win hands down.

Fiesta took the honors in being the best Environment Friendly car and best Family Car. It comes at no.2 behind Hyundai Verna in the Best Looks dept. as per the survey.
Im sure the people who voted were not petrolheads like you and me.

Anyways, Im hoping to get my car delivered today noon. If all goes well with the finance part. ICICI Bank and Harpreet Ford didnt get along too well and that has got my brains being sucked out in making sure everything happens on time. And that includes a lot of phone calls with suitable wordings right from the MD of Hapreet Ford to the Manager of ICICI Bank branch. What a mess it is in India. Getting a loan is like giving birth to a child. Very complicated!!!
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hope your problems (icici bank) will be sorted out and you will have your baby in hand shortly.

Advance Congratulations - Ejoy Driving the Fiesta very soon!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
It comes at no.2 behind Hyundai Verna in the Best Looks dept. as per the survey.
Im sure the people who voted were not petrolheads like you and me.
Petrolheads apart, I think the people who voted had a distorted sense of beauty. If they thought that a 9 lac car that has a Santro-like grill and a stub-nosed back was the best-looking, then God help them!!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 23:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Petrolheads apart, I think the people who voted had a distorted sense of beauty. If they thought that a 9 lac car that has a Santro-like grill and a stub-nosed back was the best-looking, then God help them!!
I guess they hadn't seend the dezire properly because as per the same criterion of beauty as applied to verna, Dezire should be the most beautiful car and Fiestas and ANHC should not be even allowed to compete
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 23:18   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
I booked a Sea Gray 1.6 SXi (does that make me number 4 in the Sea Gray owner's club ? ) yesterday for my wifey... I already have a 4 year old SXi Moondust Silver, and have loved every one of the 75000 kms! Add the 1 lakh plus on my old Ikon, and the Endy I bought last week, I am floating in Ford heaven

For all those debating which hatchback, sedan or SUV to buy, one simple advice - go for a Ford baby
I also have an Ikon+fiesta combo but you beat everyone hands down.
I'll not be surprised that very Soon you will be known as Mr. Siddhesh "Ford".
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 09:46   #87
Senior - BHPian

What other recommendations needed for FORD vehicles!
Four Ford vehicles in a family - 2 Fiesta's,1 Ikon and one Endy - wow, thats great.
I think FORD should give you some special momento for keeping 100% belief in their cars. I dont think anyone else in the motor community who owns 4 car's of the same manufacturer?
Old 7th July 2010, 09:11   #88
BANNED

i am now planning for a third car in my family and considering strongly to go for diesel this time.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 09:38   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i am now planning for a third car in my family and considering strongly to go for diesel this time.
++
Good- One more Fiesta?
Straightaway purchase or are you planning to TD some other makes/ variants ?
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:21   #90
BHPian

Default Re: My new Sea grey Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI

My Fiesta has turned one a month ago. It has still got only 5K on the odo. There was a problem with the ABS that cropped up just before the 1 year (paid) service, the ABS light would not go out. They said that the ABS sensor on the right front wheel was malfunctioning and would be replaced under warranty.

It took a full 5 weeks for the replacement. When I got the car back with the new sensor, they gave some story like in addition to the faulty sensor, the wires were totally bitten off by rats and hence they had to replace them as well. They gave me a bill for 1500 bucks. To me, it clearly looked like they were trying to pull a fast one and I refused to pay. Finally, they reduced the amount to 500, I still didn't want to pay, but I was getting late to work and paid just to put the matter behind me. Overall, left a very bad taste in the mouth.

To add insult to injury, when they were bringing the car to me, one of their drivers backed up another car right into my front bumper leaving a deep scratch. I had to spend another hour tracking down their manager and forcing him to give it in writing that they will rectify the scratch at no charge to me.
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote