Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th December 2009, 10:33   #76
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, though I am a little late on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Secondly, the condition of a ligament in my left ankle that tore off about one year ago. Due to this, I was using the service of a driver and one fine morning, he just refused to come anymore. I said to myself that enough is enough with being driven around. So again I started driving daily. My office being 22 km away from my home, it started getting difficult to drive sooner than I expected, specially if it's Palio, known for hard clutches. So, again started my search in renewed vigour to look for another car (not a replacement, I am still keeping my old bird), this time for an AT.
Amazing, I have ended up with a torn ACL on my left knee and after a couple of long drives, and now I so feel the need for an AT. I am a fan of CVT technology and after the last gen of CVT based Citys, I don't think there are an CVTs in India anymore. I wish someone released a hatch with paddle shifts, that would be a godsend for me. I wouldn't mind selling off my brand new car and incurring a substantial loss, all for a paddle shift AT hatch.

Quote:
Experts, please throw some lights on the following issue:
Not an expert, but from what I understand the throw should be angled a little sideways. Basically the projection angle will be wider than the normal headlights. If it throws a very narrow beam, then you will not be able to see any stones/obstructions close to the car.

Last edited by herculesksp : 7th December 2009 at 10:40. Reason: Multi Quote
herculesksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 11:27   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Experts, please throw some lights on the following issue:
Hi Pratim, I have not installed fog lights on my NAHC yet, hence i am not an expert on this question.

I suggest you send PMs to few ANHC owners in the forum requesting them to respond to your question. this will ensure quicker response if you need one.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 17:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Pratim, I have not installed fog lights on my NAHC yet, hence i am not an expert on this question.

I suggest you send PMs to few ANHC owners in the forum requesting them to respond to your question. this will ensure quicker response if you need one.
Not much info I received on this. We, ANHC owners, seem too busy and may be, I am saying, may be, we not very willing to discuss shortcomings in the car? I may be wrong.
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 20:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not much info I received on this. We, ANHC owners, seem too busy and may be, I am saying, may be, we not very willing to discuss shortcomings in the car? I may be wrong.
I had responded to the pm. Did you recieve it?
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 05:46   #80
BHPian

Fog Light throw: Yes I have also observed in my V AT that it is 20-30 degree outwards, but I feel its good as I live in Delhi - NCR and I know if we have extra light around our car then we wont hit any road divider and will know exactly where we are on the road.

About CD Player: Thats your personal choice, But I just noticed that in 13K one can go for iPod either, a very suitable option for our car.
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:01   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Amazing, I have ended up with a torn ACL on my left knee and after a couple of long drives, and now I so feel the need for an AT. I am a fan of CVT technology and after the last gen of CVT based Citys, I don't think there are an CVTs in India anymore. I wish someone released a hatch with paddle shifts, that would be a godsend for me. I wouldn't mind selling off my brand new car and incurring a substantial loss, all for a paddle shift AT hatch.
Sad to know about the torn ACL. These things are like pain in the neck.

About AT with paddle shifts, ANHC is a good option worth considering. The paddle shifts in ANHC are real fun to use. One can manage some crisp and quick maneuvers in city traffic as well as in highways by using those and of course with a generous help from the sweet engine. I have experienced those first hand.

-Pratim
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Ramsagar some nice tips there but how do you approach a speed breaker diagonally on our roads? Perhaps possible only on an empty road?
Sorry for the late reply.
Slight turn form a straight angle is enough. If FL tire is on top of a hump, the FR tire should be approaching the hump. There by the body of the vehicle will get tilted to an angle.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Sorry for the late reply.
Slight turn form a straight angle is enough. If FL tire is on top of a hump, the FR tire should be approaching the hump. There by the body of the vehicle will get tilted to an angle.
Approachning the hump in an angle works for humps which have fairly wide base. But some of the humps, like the ones you see in Nelamagala are narrow and tall.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 14:18   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Approachning the hump in an angle works for humps which have fairly wide base. But some of the humps, like the ones you see in Nelamagala are narrow and tall.
My god, the humps on the way to Nelamangala are terrible! I have scrapped against at least four/five of those. The car was loaded ( 4 adults and 2 kids with luggeages). I followed all the techniques suggested by folks here, but no avail. Of course, there were not enough room to approach those a bit diagonally.

-Pratim
Old 4th March 2010, 22:07   #85
BHPian

Quote:
My god, the humps on the way to Nelamangala are terrible! I have scrapped against at least four/five of those. The car was loaded ( 4 adults and 2 kids with luggeages). I followed all the techniques suggested by folks here, but no avail. Of course, there were not enough room to approach those a bit diagonally.
Well, there is very little you can do about those humps near Nelamangala. I won't be surprised if other cars in C+ segment with softer suspension can escape those humps either. I guess we better learn to live with the ugly fact in that road. If at all there is a forum about Bangalore roads, am sure Nelamangala road hump story will be the most discussed but to no avail.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 14:33   #86
BHPian

I have noted following two things:

a. While I start the engine after a long time (cold start), the RPM shoots up to 2200 or so and engine seems very noisy. However, the RPM comes down to 1500 or so within 15-20 secs and so does the noise. I normally start driving after that. Also, I start the engine with drive selector in N (Neutral) position. Is this normal? What other AT owners say?

b. Also I get a faint humming noise (lie bu..bu..) from the engine perhaps (?) once the car starts after a cold start and I feel that something is pulling the car back, rather something is holding it back, like as if the hand break is slightly engaged. This goes away after 5 minutes or so. Once the engine is warmed up, after that if it is turned off and on back again (for example, if I am waiting in a traffic signal), I do not observe this. Again, the question is if this is normal. Should I contact Honda Service for this?

Note: My 2nd free service has been done almost a month ago and they changed engine oil.

-Pratim
Old 15th March 2010, 20:54   #87
BHPian

Issue (a.) was there in my mpfi engined Zen, specially in winter days, it use to make a lot of noise when started, i was advised not to use accelerator. But once engine was warm it use to slow down.

Same happens with my ANHC V AT initially RPM is around 1800-2000, but within 30 sec it lowers to 800 and stays there in idle condition.

Not certain about issue (b) but in 'D' mode if i dont accelerate then I too feel that hand-break is applied or what, but its about getting used in 'D' mode, We just need to accelerate and there it goes. Also in 'D' mode whenever gear is changed automatically, I can feel it, it kind of pauses for a moment and then moves ahead.
TheBeastFieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 14:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Finally I got a new car: it's Honda City V AT in Deep Sapphire Blue

Quote:
Here I begin to write my first thread in TBHP with an ownership report for a car that has been purchased 10 days back.
Hi pratim, how is the car running?

I actually bumped into this thread to ask about the color of your car. This blue color is not available in India, So how you got this color? Was that available for some special edition or limited period edition?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:47   #89
BHPian

Default Re: Finally I got a new car: it's Honda City V AT in Deep Sapphire Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi pratim, how is the car running?

I actually bumped into this thread to ask about the color of your car. This blue color is not available in India, So how you got this color? Was that available for some special edition or limited period edition?
WOW, I see a post on my thread after an year or so. Thanks BlueVolt.

Now to answer your question: if I remember correctly, I was told by the sales lady that this blue colour is special colour and most likely, around 400-500 ANHC came with this colour in Sep-Dec time frame of 2009. So, it was a limited period option I guess. Other than the colour, there's nothing special in my car, so, it's not a special edition colour either.

Cheers
Pratim