Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2009, 13:48   #46
BHPian

Hi Sir! Good to see a senior citizen amongst us!
Keep your revvs high!!
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi Cliff,
What a coincidence. You are a Chennaite, me too, you have user name Cliffhanger but really I am hanging in the banyan tree. After becoming member here I do feel younger like you people with good humor and also driving long to Madurai, Salem, Vellore and Pondichery but with much care. Thanks for all your encouragement and support. See you somewhere sometime.
Wish you all the best.

Last edited by navan49 : 3rd December 2009 at 14:17.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:24   #48
BANNED

hi sir, anything you thought regarding side strips on doors and also about alloys??
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vijay, Nice seeing you again. Side strip is put on hold and the Alloys on the pipeline and may be in January. Year end accounting business etc is holding me, Waiting for the new income for the coming year. My income is once in a year and I have to use it wisely throughout.So waiting.

Thanks for the care.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi
The Ritz silky went for a long tour to Madurai, Rameswaran, Dindigul, Trichy Chennai and is tired. The updates on the car and the road will appear after taking rest a while.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:26   #51
BHPian

Wow!! Thats was long trip to south Tamilnadu. Waiting to hear about your travel experience in Travelogue.
jasonbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 11:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jason,

Though I did not snap many pictures, I have some good experiences with fun too. There are a very few pictures even some are in unknown places but I know the location. Let me give all in Travalogue one by one.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ritzians,
During my last long trip to Madurai Rameswaram Chennai the average mileage was 20kms/ltr. I drive almost 110 to 140 kms /hour speed. The Rameswaram Madurai Road was not smooth like madurai Chennai Road as well as the Dindigul Trichy Road was also not good. Trichy Samayapuram was also not smooth. In this road condition and the speed I believe the mileage is good. Any comment from others regarding the improvement of mileage. I don't want to tune of. Now nearing to 9k odo.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Sir, I think 20 is more than enough. Me and a friend drove his ritz VDi from trivandrum to velankanni. He used to get 18 in the city. we were shocked to find that we got only 17 on the highway.

But we were at 120+ the whole time though
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 20:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

navan, what's the tyre pressure you use on the highways ? Consider increasing it slightly to get a better mileage - not that what you are getting is bad.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 21:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Green Horn & SDP,

Thank you for the tips. In fact I filled the Nirogen gas on 29th Oct. I did not check after that. As the people tell that we don't have to check often. I am planning to check in the first week of january to check how much does it get less. I use 36 in the front and 33 in the rear as prescribed for VDI. Mine the speed was high So I too feel o.k.
Old 9th December 2009, 23:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Here are some points to be noted during the Car delivery in Chennai.

1. First of all if you want to take the delivery on an auspicious day which falls on a Government Holiday tell your sales executive to prepare the RTO papers one day before.
2. Check the invoice and the accessories supplied along with the Car.
3. Collect Your Insurance papers.
4. Check the Spare wheel and Check your Tyre numbers are noted in The user manual or not
5. Check the Engine Number and Chassis numbers are correct, while filling up the RTO forms. If any mistakes correct at the time of filling in the sales invoice also.
6. Thoroughly Check the wheel caps are fitted properly or not.
7. Collect the 5 ltr fuel coupon from the dealer.
8. Check whether your dealer do the under body painting properly or not. If you don't get good feed back you can go to others.
9. The Genuine accessories, under body painting, Sun film and all the same price with all the dealers and ***. So you can choose on your own.
10. Your RC book will not be given in a day or 2, some times it might take a month long.
11. In such cases you can have your Insurance Paper,Invoice paper and the delivery Note for the proof and drive your car. You collect the number the next day or the same day evening.
12. Better take a friend who has some idea about taking delivery of the car. If you ask the Team BHP members in your city to help, I believe our members won't mind to help you if they are free.
13.Collect both the keys and seperate one set and hand over to your spouse or reliable family members for safe custody.
14. The service people are supposed to brief about the function. Listen them carefully.
15. The first day please go through the user manual more than once.
16. Please drive the car as per the directions for the first 1000 kms for the later long life of the engine.
17. Check the compliment foot mats are of your model's or not. They might give other models too which may not fit well.
18.Though it is expensive better fit the Genuine accessories from the dealer rather than the grey market.
19. Your extended warranty will be couriered later to your address.
20. Make sure you carry your Pass port Photos and the Id proof document before your Registration to your Sales executive. If you don't have a proper ID proof you might have to pay a thousand bugs additional for affidavit.

I hope our Team Bhpian's will add on the missed ones.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:58   #58
BHPian

I will really benefit out of all that you have mentioned Navan. Thanks a ton
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 17:08   #59
BHPian

Its nice to see someone your age in the forum. Happy to know that you appreciate the efforts of the youngsters.

Do update this thread with your experiences with the Ritz.
basilmabraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 20:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gentleman,

We have to appreciate the good things who ever do. I appreciated the things happening to me. I do regularly update the Ritz performances and problems.Please view the previous 4 pages on my Car. Every detail is give and it will continue too.