Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th December 2009, 22:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Shankar.

Finally my RITZ VDI too have the stickers. This is a contribution from sdp1975 (Shankar). I have pasted one in the rear number plate. The Location for the sticker number 4 has been selected as the rear number plate and pasted as shown in the picture taken in mobile E75 camera. Still looking for location for the sticker No 4. Where will it look nice ? Will it be appropriate on the lower right rear window, or in the center of the rear bumper.Please suggest me.
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-number-plate-team-bhp.jpg  

navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 12:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Thank you Shankar.

Finally my RITZ VDI too have the stickers. This is a contribution from sdp1975 (Shankar). I have pasted one in the rear number plate. The Location for the sticker number 4 has been selected as the rear number plate and pasted as shown in the picture taken in mobile E75 camera. Still looking for location for the sticker No 4. Where will it look nice ? Will it be appropriate on the lower right rear window, or in the center of the rear bumper.Please suggest me.
Finally the the bigger sticker in black and red love cars live vars took the place in the center of the rear bumper below rear number plate.The picture will posted next week once my camera comes back from tour.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends,

Everything goes well so far. Recently I noticed onething. Only Ritz having the coin slit in the box ritht in front. I used to keep the coins in the coin slots. They give sound like rattling on the move.So better not to keep coins in the slots. I use that box for keepin the toll recipts and money for toll. If you find some other better use I do want to add it on my usage list.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:37   #64
BHPian

Hi Navan

Didt notice the coin slit yet. Will look for it today itself
falcon009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Just open the box toward the opposite end (Towards driver's end)of wind screen you van find row of slits meant for coins. The box can be utilized for CDs also. As I am using the USB I don't use for Cd. So I always use for the purpose in the previous post. If you people find any new idea i will consider for using for that purpose also.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:27   #66
BHPian

Found the coin slots today during my drive to office. But they do rattle a lot
falcon009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 15:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi Falcon,
I have already written about the illumination control in odo meter panel. Here I don't get the point of color illumination of that one or the other color illumination you talk about the head unit LED. Head unit Led color control depends on the manufacturers. We have to see the manual of the HE manufacturer. For the car illumination see below in quote which has been discussed earlier in my silky in November.

Someone I think PCS was asking about illumination control in other thread.Yes, it is there in the VDI variant which I observed and tested.It is in the odo meter.Once you press it will show TRIP A second time mde switch press then it will be of TRIP B the third press it will show the illumination control like 0000 which is of full bright odometer.You can hold the knob on the right side it will decrease 000 again 00 and finally 0.You can set it according to your convenient.You can change it to night and day illumination taste.Remember to keep the key in ignition on and head light on then only it will work.

Thank you.[/quote]
Old 16th December 2009, 17:02   #68
BHPian

Hey Navan, it was me who asked it and there you go, expertise personified.
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 18:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru,

Feel free to ask, if I am having the knowledge, I am sure I will share, if not, I will ask you people. The other thing about color illumination comes in the head unit which you can adjust with the DMM switch, if you have in your UH. As you are in Chennai why don't you show your car one day?
Old 16th December 2009, 18:30   #70
BHPian

Sure Navan,
Will catch up with you sometime in Jan, once I fix alloys, ICE and tyres, fully loaded!!
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 19:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am also looking for alloys. If you come across good ones in competitive price, please let me know. you can see the ICE performance in my car before you buy. Take your own time. I do want to go for Alloys after January.
Old 20th December 2009, 17:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ritzians,

I did not appear in this thread for about 5 days. Everything went well with the silky, So there was nothing to update. To day I had been to the Indian oil bulk in Meenambakkam. I filled Fuel Xtramile diesel 26ltrs and checked the Nitrogen gas. The checking of air is after 86 days. The variance was between 2 and 3 points. Say 1 point per month. It seems that it is true that the leak is very less. Only the thing is that we have to fill more than Rs1000 xtramile Diesel every time you want to check. It is possible.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I filled Fuel Xtramile diesel 26ltrs and checked the Nitrogen gas.
The Fiat derived engine (as well as the other common rail diesel engines) fare better with the ordinary variety of diesel.

Check with your dealer.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 22:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hi TRRk,

I do agree with you that the CRDI engines are faring good with Normal diesel. The reason for going for xtra mile first time was that I had to check my Nitrogen air. So I was bound to go for Xtra to get free check up of nitrogen
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:56   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The reason for going for xtra mile first time was that I had to check my Nitrogen air. So I was bound to go for Xtra to get free check up of nitrogen
Paying for Notrogen should work out cheaper for you than using the premium diesels!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote