Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 19:06   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
The brain won and I decided to book the Mk II.
Congraulations. That makes the first MK II on Team-BHP. Do post about the delivery and initial ownership in a separate thread.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 19:31   #167
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: Once
Default

arulpeem : Congrats, will be looking forward to your inital reports. I guess you are the first to book the MKII from TBHP I think.
harendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 11:19   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default

Congrats man on your purchase. Please post some pics of the car.
Also, did you test drive the Xylo as well. If yes, then could you please tell us the reason for preferring the Grande over Xylo.
kapss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 13:17   #169
BHPian
 
nairanupg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Asia. Africa
Posts: 139
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Thats a surprising choice arulpeem; but to each his own.
Would love to see the snaps and read about the booking experience ASAP.
Enjoy the ride and drive safe
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 09:40   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
Congrats man on your purchase. Please post some pics of the car.
Also, did you test drive the Xylo as well. If yes, then could you please tell us the reason for preferring the Grande over Xylo.
Thanks and I will post them once I get the delivery which is expected in 3 to 4 weeks from now
Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
arulpeem : Congrats, will be looking forward to your inital reports. I guess you are the first to book the MKII from TBHP I think.
Thanks and yes it looks like I am the first one to book Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Thats a surprising choice arulpeem; but to each his own.
Would love to see the snaps and read about the booking experience ASAP.
Enjoy the ride and drive safe
I was tossing between Manza, Xylo and MkII. It is my regards for the TATA brand that swayed my decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Congraulations. That makes the first MK II on Team-BHP. Do post about the delivery and initial ownership in a separate thread.
Thanks. I will do once I take the delivery
arulpeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:37   #171
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 381 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Thanks and I will post them once I get the delivery which is expected in 3 to 4 weeks from now

Thanks and yes it looks like I am the first one to book Mk II
Congratulations .. Good Choice

As I wrote on this thread when I did extensive test driving on bad roads last year with originally Grande it fared quite well and in fact it was tough choice between Grande and Safari for me, choice was tough between 8 seats vs better drivability . Now since they have changed gearing ratio I think MKII will make excellent choice.

mHawck lost in my tests on handling department and stability despite everything else being good feature wise.

In the pics from Side profile MKII looks quite handsome after the drab side is changed with cladding.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 17:48   #172
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Tata Grande Mark II Expectation

Hi Friends,

Tata Grande Mark II - Launched with refreshed Looks. TATA guys are going G8 job recent days in launch of New Products as well as revamping the existing one.
Changes made in Tata Grande Mark II :
*New chrome lined grill
*Side rub rails with chrome inserts
*Indicators on ORVMs
*New Steering wheel
*Two tone interiors with faux wood centre console and new fabric upholstery
*Changed drive ratio and care given to suspension department
*Also a competitive Pricing

Being one of the Top players in Passenger CAR segment TATA should think in both Customer and Business perspective. Just by providing some add-on's won’t meet their expectation(Booking numbers). If the Grande Mark II should be a strong contender then its Value-add packages should be worth and within that Price slab(of course price is competitive)
Expected along with the expecting upgrade:
*Two DIN Audio system
*Steering mounted Audio Control
*Bluetooth you and Me
*Interior color option - Beige or Black
*Improvement in Interior quality with Fit and Finish (As did for Manza)
*Fully Captain seats options
*AIR Bags and ABS optional

Post your suggestions what you expect more ?... May be its an Input to Tata people going forward..

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2010 at 18:07. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
sgunasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 19:25   #173
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I had taken a test drive of the earlier model of Grande a few moths back and did not like the poor interiors/fit and finish, bad steering, handling & braking. Wife did not like the way the car jumped when going over speed breakers.

I took a test drive of the Grande Mk II last Saturday along with my family.
Found that the handling has improved markedly, the ride was far better, and the interior/fit finish is improved. Wife did not complain about speed breakers
I found the engine response to be better at lower RPMs.


I was tossing between Manza and Mk II. Heart said 'Manza'; the brain said 'MkII because of my frequent long long distance trips and the higher seating capacity. The brain won and I decided to book the Mk II.
Arul,

Congrats on your MKii booking. Hope Your TRUST on TATA postively give you back great returns in terms of great niggle free rides and ownership experience with the Grande MKii.

Sure MKii has a good 2.2 VTT engine compared to Xylo.

Which variant did you book GX/EX/LX?
Did you go for the new gold shade
Looking forward to read your initial drive experience with detailed photos.
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 10:07   #174
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerala
Posts: 627
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I was tossing between Manza and Mk II. Heart said 'Manza'; the brain said 'MkII because of my frequent long long distance trips and the higher seating capacity. The brain won and I decided to book the Mk II.
Congrats Arul! It seems like you believe in making your own decisions rather than flowing with the stream. I personally prefer the Grande Mk II over the Xylo. Wish you all the best with your purchase.
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 10:50   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

so @arul how is your booking process going on for your much loved MKII. please keep us posted about the details
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:15   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
so @arul how is your booking process going on for your much loved MKII. please keep us posted about the details
Hi Shishir, I did the booking on 6th Jan. Expected delivery is by 25th of Jan..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Congrats Arul! It seems like you believe in making your own decisions rather than flowing with the stream. I personally prefer the Grande Mk II over the Xylo. Wish you all the best with your purchase.
Thanks. I normally end up making my own conclusions and my friends and family keep making fun on this.. It started with my purchase of RD 350 in 1989 and is continuing


Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Arul,

Congrats on your MKii booking. Hope Your TRUST on TATA postively give you back great returns in terms of great niggle free rides and ownership experience with the Grande MKii.

Sure MKii has a good 2.2 VTT engine compared to Xylo.

Which variant did you book GX/EX/LX?
Did you go for the new gold shade
Looking forward to read your initial drive experience with detailed photos.
Having owned an Indica, I do expect initial niggles .
I have booked the GX, Platinum Beige, the choice of children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Congratulations .. Good Choice

As I wrote on this thread when I did extensive test driving on bad roads last year with originally Grande it fared quite well and in fact it was tough choice between Grande and Safari for me, choice was tough between 8 seats vs better drivability . Now since they have changed gearing ratio I think MKII will make excellent choice.

mHawck lost in my tests on handling department and stability despite everything else being good feature wise.

In the pics from Side profile MKII looks quite handsome after the drab side is changed with cladding.
Thanks Amit. The cladding is optional and Concorde Chennai does not have it and they do not know the price of it also as of date.
arulpeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:25   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

man the whole BHP forum is tagged to this thread to see the initial report from you on MKII as this is the first one on TBHP.everyone are telling about the initial niggles and everyone are praying this doesn't happen atleast from the newly launched beast
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 18:23   #178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thane
Posts: 81
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Hi Shishir, I did the booking on 6th Jan. Expected delivery is by 25th of Jan..

Thanks. I normally end up making my own conclusions and my friends and family keep making fun on this.. It started with my purchase of RD 350 in 1989 and is continuing



Having owned an Indica, I do expect initial niggles .
I have booked the GX, Platinum Beige, the choice of children.


Thanks Amit. The cladding is optional and Concorde Chennai does not have it and they do not know the price of it also as of date.

Congrats Arul,

I am sure you would have a great experience with MK II

I have taken TD of both the vehicles Xylo & MK II and I can tell you that Grande is much balanced vehicle over Xylo in all the parameters, Xylo would score better in some

the Xylo's acceleration feels better but its jerky as well, MK II is much uniform, it depends what you prefer, Braking in MK II is better, Suspension Xylo dances a lot in 3rd row and high roll like boat, MK II is much stable, Xylo has better foot space in 3rd row but have verticle back rest angle there than grande

The Dash in Xylo is much impressive, but the new colour theme in MK II also looks nice & fresh overall

Gear Shift slotting, Xylo gears is really difficult than MK II and it vibrates a lot in Xylo

Exterior looks though subjective but to me Grande is better

and you get Alpine in MK II over Nippon in Xylo

so I can say its a right decision

waiting for your initial TD report & pitchures
Santy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 23:25   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
I have taken TD of both the vehicles Xylo & MK II
Congrats Arul, From my experience, If you consider just driving (handling and ride comfort), MK II is better than Xylo. But in my opinion, the MK II stance is too intimidating for a Family car
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 10:34   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 347
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Congrats Arul, From my experience, If you consider just driving (handling and ride comfort), MK II is better than Xylo. But in my opinion, the MK II stance is too intimidating for a Family car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
Congrats Arul,

I am sure you would have a great experience with MK II

I have taken TD of both the vehicles Xylo & MK II and I can tell you that Grande is much balanced vehicle over Xylo in all the parameters, Xylo would score better in some

the Xylo's acceleration feels better but its jerky as well, MK II is much uniform, it depends what you prefer, Braking in MK II is better, Suspension Xylo dances a lot in 3rd row and high roll like boat, MK II is much stable, Xylo has better foot space in 3rd row but have verticle back rest angle there than grande

The Dash in Xylo is much impressive, but the new colour theme in MK II also looks nice & fresh overall

Gear Shift slotting, Xylo gears is really difficult than MK II and it vibrates a lot in Xylo

Exterior looks though subjective but to me Grande is better

and you get Alpine in MK II over Nippon in Xylo

so I can say its a right decision

waiting for your initial TD report & pitchures
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
man the whole BHP forum is tagged to this thread to see the initial report from you on MKII as this is the first one on TBHP.everyone are telling about the initial niggles and everyone are praying this doesn't happen atleast from the newly launched beast
Thanks guys. I had not taken a test drive of Xylo. All your comments are reinforcing my choice.
arulpeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Bolero vs Tata Sumo ritz830 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 263 7th November 2016 10:30
Sumo Grande MKII GX long term review arulpeem Long-Term Ownership Reviews 34 8th October 2014 11:19
Tata Safari or Tata Sumo Grande orrr... what?? EDIT: Finally it is a Mahindra Scorpio gshanky SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 90 29th January 2010 20:39
SCOOP! New Tata Sumo Picture. EDIT : Now launched as Sumo Grande MillionSwords The Indian Car Scene 217 26th October 2009 20:16
Tata Sumo Victa GX IDI Turbo or Sumo Grande GX drmessiah SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 11 20th April 2009 18:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks