Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th November 2009, 23:55   #31
BHPian

Default Update on 300km completion

Have completed 320km tonight. Work has been very hectic over the last few days, not allowing me to drive my Italiano belle too much. Just been able to steal a few drives in the later part of the nights around the city. Have not yet been able to do a long drive. The experience so far has been extremely pleasurable. I quickly run through the first and second and by 20kmph have moved into the 3rd gear. So I dont feel any lack of power. Am ensuring that I dont move the revs beyond 2500rpm If I am going wrong do let me know.
I want to put the paint protection. All the honourable Chennai bhp-ians, could you please advice what and where I should put as paint protection and inside fabric protection.
The parking sensors are getting done on saturday at Xenos. I have already got 3M sunfilm as part of the package from VST. I need to put in rubber mats, what I have currently are the carpet mats put by VST as well along with the mud flaps.
I have a problem which I need some help addressing. At my office, the car invariably gets parked below some or the other tree and there are droppings by both birds and the tree itself. Will this be an adverse effect on the car? I get to see it only late in the night when I come down and drive the car out of office. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks guys. This is a great forum to learn and share experiences. I really value the inputs I have got from this forum. Thanks once again to all the bhpians out here. Cheers.
rhenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 00:51   #32
BHPian

Yes Rhenius the droppings will damage the paint. The correct way of removing them is with a wet cloth or washing it off. Dont try to scrub it dry- you'll worsen the damage then.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 00:55   #33
BHPian

Default Fiat Linea Emotion(ally) Pack(ed) experience continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
I had a minor niggle which I got attended to at the showroom itself. The front left window was getting stuck while I tried to power it up. It was actually going off the alignment. Guess something had happened while the 3M sun control film was being done. So the guys in the showroom said that it was nothing major, and attended to it by putting some W40 ( if i got it correct) spray. And now the window seems to be working quiet fine. Secondly the chrome strips on the front doors were just coming out a bit, so some feviquik did the trick. Will keep updates coming. Its been a joy driving. And I am enjoying each feature of the car. The Avg fuel efficiency has been around 8.5km/l as the driving has been in bumper to bumper traffic. Need to go on some long drives. Just not getting the time to do it.
Had been to Xenos- Nandanam and checked out the reverse sensors. The cost is Rs.3400 for 4 sensors plus another 300 for painting them FTA colour. Can anyone let me know if this is ok. Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes Rhenius the droppings will damage the paint. The correct way of removing them is with a wet cloth or washing it off. Dont try to scrub it dry- you'll worsen the damage then.
Thanks Pal, Will do the needful in future. Will the paint protection treatment help?
Old 25th November 2009, 01:27   #34
BHPian

Default Update on 300km and some photos

Adding some pics of my italian belle
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-211120091051.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-211120091052.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-211120091054.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience-211120091055.jpg  

Old 25th November 2009, 07:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to put the paint protection. All the honourable Chennai bhp-ians, could you please advice what and where I should put as paint protection and inside fabric protection
i have done 3 M paint protection at the authorised 3m outlet in alwarpet called shri balaji agencies. call me for details . i have sent my number as PM.

Xenos parking sensors are good.

AKS, Binze, Me and sathya have all done the parking sensors for linea at xenos. it costed 3400 for 4 sensors including painting.

Xenos also has few autocare producs. their glass cleaner and scratch removal paste (abel auto) are very good. get it if you like
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 08:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pal, Will do the needful in future. Will the paint protection treatment help?
I'm not too sure about that. Paint protection is basically a professional wax job, so maybe yeah, it could help.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 17:51   #37
BHPian

Thumbs up Update at 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i have done 3 M paint protection at the authorised 3m outlet in alwarpet called shri balaji agencies. call me for details . i have sent my number as PM.

Xenos parking sensors are good.

AKS, Binze, Me and sathya have all done the parking sensors for linea at xenos. it costed 3400 for 4 sensors including painting.

Xenos also has few autocare producs. their glass cleaner and scratch removal paste (abel auto) are very good. get it if you like
Thanks Dr.Ashwin for the good contacts at both Shri Balaji and Xenos. Have completed the 3M paint treatment and the Interior Scotchguard Fabric protector.
Have ordered the 6 sensors Xenos model parking sensors though I was very tempted by the Hiker 4 sensors and camera display unit costing Rs.12000.00 Getting a mapmyindia navigation unit as well. Both these are being fitted tomorrow morning. Will post pics after that.
Am glad that Ashwin was finally able to resolve the fog lamp issue with Concorde (ref. the other thread).
Cheers. Happy driving.
Old 27th November 2009, 22:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dr.Ashwin for the good contacts at both Shri Balaji and Xenos. Have completed the 3M paint treatment and the Interior Scotchguard Fabric protector.
Have ordered the 6 sensors Xenos model parking sensors though I was very tempted by the Hiker 4 sensors and camera display unit costing Rs.12000.00 Getting a mapmyindia navigation unit as well. Both these are being fitted tomorrow morning. Will post pics after that.
Am glad that Ashwin was finally able to resolve the fog lamp issue with Concorde (ref. the other thread).
Cheers. Happy driving.
what is the price and model of Mapmyindia Navi System?
where did you order it?
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 22:27   #39
BHPian

Thumbs up MapmyIndia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
what is the price and model of Mapmyindia Navi System?
where did you order it?
Hi Karthik
Even though we havent met, I have heard a lot about you from Subbu (Xenos) thats where I am getting the mapmyindia as well. He is giving it to me for 14k for the VX140. I am getting it fixed tomorrow. Also the sensors. He has given me a good rate for the whole package, including the Abel Auto and Turtle wax products. He has very high regard for you. Had referred Dr.Ashwin and your name. He wanted to know when you were coming back from the US?
Do you want me to let him know anything? Do tell me.
Thanks.Madhu
Old 27th November 2009, 22:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Karthik
Even though we havent met, I have heard a lot about you from Subbu (Xenos) thats where I am getting the mapmyindia as well. He is giving it to me for 14k for the VX140. I am getting it fixed tomorrow. Also the sensors. He has given me a good rate for the whole package, including the Abel Auto and Turtle wax products. He has very high regard for you. Had referred Dr.Ashwin and your name. He wanted to know when you were coming back from the US?
Do you want me to let him know anything? Do tell me.
Thanks.Madhu
Oops i forgot to call Subramanian after i returned from germany.i have to replace my front windscreen sunfilm.
Hey thanx,I'll call him morrow and we all (Aswin,BNZjon and me planned to go VST morrow)
possible you come to VST or we will plan and come over to Xenos.
Meanwhile i am also planned to buy the same model vx140.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 22:55   #41
Team-BHP Support

Do you still have those pink ribbons on your car? If yes then please remove it ASAP.
They tend to make marks on painted surface.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 23:12   #42
BHPian

Default @Xenos from 11.00am onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Oops i forgot to call Subramanian after i returned from germany.i have to replace my front windscreen sunfilm.
Hey thanx,I'll call him morrow and we all (Aswin,BNZjon and me planned to go VST morrow)
possible you come to VST or we will plan and come over to Xenos.
Meanwhile i am also planned to buy the same model vx140.
Hi Karthik,
Am going to Xenos at around 10.30-10.45 to fit the parking sensors and the mapmyindia. Give me a call on 9840178097. We can meet at Xenos. I will be there for the forenoon session. Good to meet you.
Cheers. Madhu
Old 27th November 2009, 23:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Do you still have those pink ribbons on your car? If yes then please remove it ASAP.
They tend to make marks on painted surface.
Hi Rudro, Got the ribbon removed the day the number plates came itself. (Day#2). I had put photos after the removal. Havent you seen them? Am getting parking sensors and nav unit done tomorrow.
Cheers
Madhu
Old 28th November 2009, 02:07   #44
BHPian

Karthik, You can get the VX140 at Xenos. He is giving it at a good price. I paid 14k for it. Cheers. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.
Old 28th November 2009, 08:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Ok mate !!. karthik will call and fix up the plan
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote